1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Problems in Ust Natha

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Elebereth, Jun 4, 2001.

1. Elebereth Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Whenever I enter the Drow city all the Drow are hostile and I'm attacked on sight. Does anyone know a possible solution? Is it a bug?

2. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Spoiler
    >
    >
    >
    All of the Drow will be hostile to you unless you have visited the silver dragon, agreed to her quest, and had your party made looking like drow by her. The Silver Dragon can be found in the cave directly forward of place where you encounter the drow warband in the main underdark area (IIRC). To be able to go and see her you will need a gem which you get after killing the demon in the mining encampment in the north west corner of the main underdark area.

If you have already done all of this, its probably a bug, or your drow illusion had been removed. There is no way to get this back that I know of.

3. zort Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Did you talk to the silver dragon to change into a drow? Sorry I was typing when wildfire posted so this message is redundant

[This message has been edited by zort (edited June 04, 2001).]

4. Elebereth Gems: 2/31

I've talked to Adalon and now look like Drow, but whenever I come inside the city they all turn hostile in a second and attack me.

5. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

What did you say at the door. There should be a drow there who asks you who are you, and if you answer somth like "plz let me in I am the humble verdin of Ched-nasad" the city will turn hostile.

6. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Just say that you are the guy from the other drow city and be polite

7. Elebereth Gems: 2/31

I've done all that. I walk up to the city and tell them that I'm the guy. He says go in but as soon as I step into the city I'm attacked by every Drow in sight.

Do you have to go to Adalon right away when you reach the Underdark? Because I did the Beholder and Ilithid dungeons before I went and talked to her.

8. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I had a quick look around to see if anyone else had had a similar problem. The only thing I found was the link below. Unfortunatley it doesn't seem to be the same problem as yours. Oh well maybe reading might jog an idea.
    http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000264.html

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Just a quick note to Elebereth:

It doesn't matter what areas you've dealt before. I did all three areas, but never had such problem. Even Viconia was in my party and noone recognized her to attack us.

I'll check the game inside to see if it is linked to something else...

10. Elebereth Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] Problem solved :) I used SK to look at the Global Variables and found one that said Drow City Hostile. So I deleted it and know I'm fine

11. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

That's one way to do it . . .

You may have killed one of the drow before your saved game, turning the city hostile.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.