1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Problem with Vic in Spellhold

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by RoGuEmOnKeY, Aug 5, 2003.

1. RoGuEmOnKeY Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Right after I pass out from the operation that Irenicus performs, I get a message on Viconia syaing "Spell Ineffective". After I talk to Bodhi, I can use Vic for a couple seconds, but once Bodhi disappears, Vic becomes unselectable, and her inventory is greyed out as if she were stunned, but there is nothing on her portrait or char sheet! Please Help!

[ August 06, 2003, 11:43: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Try starting a new game with a different character.

3. RoGuEmOnKeY Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I really don't wnat to have to start all ove. I'm up to about twenty hours and don't really want to start again.

4. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Did you try Ctrl-R on her? Grayed out portrait means that she's dead, not stunned.

I know it's a cheat, but it's to undo a bug with the cutscene.

For some reason, she got hit by that Rapture of the Father spell Irenicus uses.

5. RoGuEmOnKeY Gems: 1/31

It's not her portrait that's greyed out, it's her inventory, like when someone is stunned or mazed. But thanks anyway.

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    When you say there is "there is nothing on her portrait or char sheet", do you mean they're blank, or that there's nothing unusual? If the latter, have you just tried waiting it out?

7. Duryn Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Try moving around her position in the party, or kill her then revive her. Or you could remove her from the party, and tell her to stay put. Then recruit her again. The reason i say this is because the spell is centered on a certain party member, probably Player1 in the scripts. If you move her position around it might not target her. Just hope it doesnt happen to someone else instead.

8. RoGuEmOnKeY Gems: 1/31

In reply:
    1) I meant nothing unusual.
    2) I killed her and then ressurected her. Everything seems to be running smoothly now. It reset the romance but was a small price to pay for my favorite drow cleric. Thanks for all your help.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.