1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Problem with Jaheira romance in TOB

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Sir Slayer, Nov 23, 2001.

1. Sir Slayer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Well, my problem is that the romance seems to be stuck - I got one romance dialog during my first visit in Pocket plane. Then I went to Saradush spent there over 2 days, solved the quests there, killed Gromnir and now Im just in the first area of marching mountains. But I haven't had a romance dialog since the first one! Is this normal? Do I have to wait until some event happens? Advise me please.

2. HunterByNite Gems: 1/31

LOL, that girl can really get temperamental sometimes, eh? I once thought that Aerie decided to dump me for good because she didn't try to hit on me for a really lllooonnngggg time.

But one day, out of the blue, she told me I was still her man. If you've done something wrong to jeopardise your relationship in the game or in real life, you'll know it as she'll give you obvious verbal cues.

Perhaps Jahiera is only having her monthly at the moment?

Girls!

3. wittynewt Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Hi Sir Slayer,

Well I am not sure, I am also romancing Jaheira in TOB and am just a little further along than you are now. Finished the quest you are on and am presently in the "bowels" of a certain keep.
    Apart from the first dialog you mentioned right at the start I have had nothing romance related either.

However, I have had a lot of other Jaheira dialog with various NPC's etc, she seems to have something to say to everyone except me.

Let me know how you get on, you will more than likely overtake me as I am trying to spend my limited time progressing four parties at the moment and so they only really get to spend a small amount of time with me.

Maybe that is why Jaheira is not talking to me, neglect :D

Cheers,

WittyNewt.

4. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I've finished ToB with the Jaheira romance, and it appears that she says very little. It was still active towards the end, as it was clear in the final scene that it was still there. I tried pausing the game for a long time to advance the romance, and nothing happened (except once). I suspect (but don't know) that because ToB is more linear, the romance dialogues are tied to particular events, rather than a more random timer. I also believe that there are no dialogues in Watcher's Keep. If someone knows better about the romances, feel free to correct me.

5. Tina2 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Most of the dialogues are triggeres by certain events. She won't have any more dialogues before you go to this swamp forest. Better go there first BEFORE you go to the Marching Mountains. Makes more sense later on. Dunno how this area is called, but it's slighly left (west)of the marching mountains on the world map.
    All in all she will have 1 dialogue per area in average througout the game.

6. Sir Slayer Gems: 1/31

Good News! Romance is progressing fine, I already had 3 other talks! Thanks for the advice, indeed I had to go to that temple in swamps, and after the fight with false Gorion she began talking... I'm so happy, I had to tell it someone... :))

7. Tina2 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Glad I could help ! *wants to go home and play again*

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.