1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Prince of Persia: Warrior within

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Oxymore, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Played the demo, seems nice. Other than the fact I'm stuck on the second level already. :)

Any opinions from SP?

2. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Is it for PC or Console? I remember the last one was for both but ultimately quite boring.

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I thought Sands of Time was awesome. I'll definitely be waiting for this one to come out.

4. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Warriors Within is one of those rare games which has me drooling in anticipation already...

Mind you, it is VERY rare for a game to make me drool...last time this happened was Baldurs Gate 2 : Throne of Bhaal. :D

And Fire Emblem, if you count GBA...but yeah...

Its unbelievable how they've upgraded the fighting systems...the game makes the Matrix look like those old crummy Godzilla movies. :D

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

yeah, i saw the demo, you can somersault behind the guy and decapitate him with double reverse slashes and stuff, awesome :eek: this will be the game that brings salvatore's fighting scenes into reality and more ;)

6. Oxymore Gems: 13/31

I think it'll be for both PC and console.

The little trailer at the end of the demo is quite spectacular. Seems like the Prince is your regular badass, Neo eat your heart out! :D

I tried to download a SoT demo to see what that was about but my computer won't run it. :(

7. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I am assuming that by SoT, you mean Sands of Time? If so...its going to look very very shabby when compared to Warrior Within...which is a shame, because I was a fanboy of SoT for a while there... :D

But still...I can't wait to get my hands on the full version for my PS2 as soon as it comes out! :D

8. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I haven't been able to play the first one. No stores around here carry it and when I had a chance to buy it I bought Champions of Norrath (what a mistake that was).

This one looks amazing though. I'll probably end up buying them both before to long.

9. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I saw a screen shot today and I think it looked pretty good. I really enjoyed the first one, so I would think this one will be worth picking up.

10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @ Benan - I just picked it up at Walmart for $17. I have no idea if they carry similar stock in all stores, but it might be worth a try.

(Also got Max Payne 2 for $20 (it was $40 at Futureshop) and Freedom Fighters for $13. I think I have a favorite new store for buying games.)

11. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Does anybody know where (or if) I can get a soundtrack cd for Warrior Within?? The music is badass and I just can't place the band.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  12. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Is anyone else having trouble getting the demo to work?

It downloaded fine, but when i try to run it, it just does nothing.

13. Oxymore Gems: 13/31

The band is Godsmack I believe.

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

I just the game, it's pretty awesome. The setting is kinda dark though so it makes it kinda hard to see. and you don't have the useful sands anymore ;) (im still at the VERY start)

15. GrinninIdjut Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I got the game a couple of days ago. I would guess that I am about six hours into it now. The story seems to be thin and somewhat nonsensical (so far) and the prince comes off as an arrogant jerk (well, um... more arrogant and jerk-like than in SoT anyway).

The puzzles are great and the animations of the acrobatics are wonderful. The combat is the best part of the game. It takes a while to learn but its freakin' awesome. When you do a really cool move the game goes into slow motion (an option that can be disabled) so you can see all of the action. I love flipping over an enemy, stealing their weapon and beheading them with it all in one smooth motion.

This game makes me wish I had an analog joystick for my computer rather than the standard w,a,s,d of my klunky old keyboard.

16. Oxymore Gems: 13/31

My first run through the game is complete. I loved it. Now for some observations.

*beware pagans, for spoilers will abound in the following*

Obs #1
    Facing the Dahaka in open combat was something I looked forward to. I enjoyed the various chases but still, kicking his ass was a liberating experience. (for a second there, I felt like Han Solo turning the Falcon around and facing an imperial destroyer head on, but I digress) I found him to be somewhat weak for a final boss. Well, I suppose playing on normal difficulty has that kind of consequences.

Obs #2
    I must be lucky, encountering no glitches at all.

Obs #3
    I must be really lucky, as the game runs on my old GeForceII.

Obs #4
    I would have loved it were the Dahaka to appear at random throughout the game rather than have scripted chases. I realise it is not something readily considerable from a developer's point of view, still one can dream.

Obs #5
    The French voicing of the empress is abysmal. Rarely have I heard a voice actress perform so badly. Beyond amateurism, a shame really. Were the anglophone players more favoured when it comes to the voices?

Obs #6
    In several instances, the game reminded me of Devil May Cry. I don't know why exactly.

Obs #7
    Given that I never played Sands of Time, the storyline somewhat escaped me at first, it seems I'll have to rent the prequel. Somehow I doubt that'll clarify everything but we'll see.

Obs #8
    Loved the sand wraith part. I really enjoyed playing a different character for a while. This leads me to hope the eventual sequel features several playable persona. Yes, that means I'd like to play both a Khaileena that focuses on time magic and a prince more bent on physical prowess.

Obs #9
    Two people don't build a boat from scratch, they must have commandeered Shadee's.

Obs #10
    I'm definitely anticipating a third episode.

Question
    I gathered two endings are achievable. If you don't fight the Dahaka, how does the ending differ?

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

I couldn't even finish playing Warrior Within. Sands of Time was sooooo much better imo. Shortness notwithstanding of course.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.