1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Powerpuff Girls and D&D Alignments

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Mathetais, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] First disclaimer ... I have a two and a half year old daughter. Because of her I'm exposed to many movies, books and such that I would otherwise miss out on.

That being said, my daughter and I watched the Powerpuff Girls Movie for the 4th or 5th time over the weekend, and a thought occurred to me (imagine that ;) )

The three Powerpuff Girls represent the three "good" alignments from D&D.

Let me explain ....

Blossom (the red one) is the leader. She is open, rule abiding, called the "goody-goody" of the group, and is the main person to talk with the mayor and other officials. She is Lawful Good.

Bubbles (the blue one) is the giggly dreamer of the group. She is innocently good, doing what seems right without a real regard for rules, rebellion or anything else. She just wants to love and be loved, stopping villains only because they are mean and need to be stopped. This open-eyed idealism sounds Neutral Good to me.

Buttercup (the green one) is the rebel of the group. She is the first PP-Girl to throw a punch, she has a bit of an attitude and is not afraid of letting anyone know about it. There is one episode (memorialized in a coloring book that we have) where Buttercup refuses to take a bath. Nothing the Professor, the girls or anyone else says can change her mind. In fact, the only reason she takes a bath is because she's so stinky even the monsters won't fight her. Then there is the time she realizes that the tooth fairy gives money for teeth, so she goes around knocking the teeth out of the bad guy's mouth, putting it under her pillow ... you get the point.

Just some food for thought from a loving father, avid role-player, and someone who just *had* to post this insanity and get it out of his system.

2. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    :lol: I'm a little surprised that you'd let her watch that movie, Mat, because it is somewhat violent. However, I have to admit that my son loves it also - he chose PPG plates, hats, etc. for his third birthday party, and he's appropriated my three PPG beanbags! We have four PPG books, and he loves to shout "So once agin, the day is saved..." yada yada yada.

I can't wait until he's old enough to get all of the references in "Meet the Beat-Alls."

3. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Yeah, she loves that sort of thing. Her #1 favorite show is Xena. She even has a dog-toy (rope-frisbee) that she calls her "chak-rum" and a little baseball bat for a sword. We don't have a TV, so she only gets these shows in little doses ... so I'm hoping she won't need *too* much therapy when she grows up! ;)

4. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Too funny. I have no trouble picturing her doing that!

My little guy likes Speedvision, especially the motorcycles. We've been watching the Tour de France and he wants to see the race marshall's motorcycles as much as the cyclists. He also keeps hoping for crashes. :rolleyes: I'm going to have to keep him away from NASCAR.

5. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Monkey-cycers! My girl loves them too! We live near a white-trash neighborhood, so there is a biker bar a mile away.

Hehehe, maybe we should change this topic to "Parental Ramblings, aka "Isn't he/she cute!?!"

6. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    I dunno how long that would fly... BTA is pretty quick to lock down the spam threads over in CS! :roll: ;)

7. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

What's so shy about loving the lovable Powerpuff Girls?

i am 25 now and i still never miss their daily show. When i was 23, during my visit to my grandparent's house, only me and my 4 years old female cousin sat infront of the tv for a daily dose of injection. When i was 24, i went for the movie myself, none of my friend wants to watch that. i met a middle age just outside the theater. i told myself, thank God there is another adult. However, the truth was, he found out that he went to a wrong theater. Throughour the movie, inside the theater, there was only one person over 15 years old and that was me. Kids conquered the whole place.

i made a band according to PPG in IWD2. Besides, in my IWD2 walkthrough, i used PPG as bookmark.

Now that you know how a PPG freak i am, you know that how much i would like to collect their products right? Those items are very expensive and i would really cherish them. Sometime earlier, i would buy PPG merchandises and gave them to my only love. Sometime later, she left me.

8. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

If it is an option i will watch the powerpuff girls. I got introduced to it by my friend and we spent about 12 hours strait watching it on tv (Cartoon Network: Powerpuff Girls day, or something like that) only occasionaly administering small doses of shopping channels, which are always funny without trying.

Mat, right on with those alignments!

9. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] My sister watches an unhealthy amount of that cartoon. From the horrible sounds coming from the TV a room away, I swear those abominations are chaotic evil!!

:eek:

10. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    C'mon, Shura, admit it... you have a Thing for Miss Bellum! :roll:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.