1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Postal

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Ex-Paladine, May 5, 2003.

1. Ex-Paladine Banned

Postal 1 and Postal 2...

Have you ever played them. what do you think about postal 1 & 2

2. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

From what I have heard it is only mindless carnage and the screenshots I have seen havenĀ“t been too impressive either... Definitely a game that will not find its way to my collection.

3. Ex-Paladine Banned

It's not a very good game. But it's intresting. You can kill people easily witl petroleum and gas. :flaming: :evil: :grr: :nolike: :happy: :lol: :p

4. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Ah yes, i remember Postal 1. Yeah, sure, it was mindless carnage, but hey, i'm really into pick up and play games at the moment.

All of the backgrounds / sceneries were hand drawn as i recall. As such, they never interacted with stuff going on - example when fire a high powered weapon at a house, the house doesn't even get scratched.

5. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Less easily with shovels, batons and even assault shotguns (when it's a matter of some unique enemies). Amusing that a "realism" oriented violence simulator is so far from realism that all humans can take a 100 times more beating than they should. This lack of "realism", being what the game is about in the first place, completely screws up the game. But even if it were fixed, the game is just far too simple and boring to be any fun.

I played the demo for a couple of times and after pissing on some people, whacking some heads off with a shovel and having tried multiple possible combinations to discover the "citizen AI", it came clear to me that after playing the game for around 15 minutes, you've seen all it has to offer. A real disappointment.

6. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I agree with Virne, I better go and play Diablo II than wasting my time for a pure violence game.

7. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    because Diablo II isn't just about killing thing?

anyway I *" LOATH "* games that only about killing thing for no reason at all, or is just pure violence :mad:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.