1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Postal Problems. Help!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Duffin, May 9, 2007.

1. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I wasnt sure where to put this thread but I thought that maybe one of you guys have had a similar problem. Heres the story. I ordered a cricket bat from worldcricketstore.com, I wasnt charged any delivery and thought nothing of it. I supplied a friends address as I am rarely in during the day and requested that be the delivery address. However I miss typed or miss heard and provided a wrong letter in the postcode. I noticed this mistake and emailed the store requesting they could alter the delivery address, I received no reply and a few days later a confirmation of dispatch was sent to me (last Thursday to be precise). I still havent received the item at my mates address and its almost a week since it was supposed to have been dispatched. I then did a post code search and entered the wrong post code which I had used and my friends house number thinking it may have been delivered there. So I found a map and decided to go and ask, unfortunatly they say they have received nothing.

I'm not sure what to do next. Have any of you guys had similar problems and what did you do? Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

EDIT:

I forgot to say, I have been using the wrong address for my mates house for ages and everything has got there.

Also I am using the UK postal system. And after checking the website most of their deliveries are alleged to be sent using the Royal Mail.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The first thing you should do is check with the store and explain the situation... call them if they don't answer mails. If they're no help, try the Royal Mail - you should be able to trace the package.

3. Duffin Gems: 13/31

Thanks Tal I'm just worried if I tell them the whole story they'll just say, "tough, if you provided the wrong post code and haven't got it then there's nothing we can do".

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    They might, but then again, they might be able to suggest you could do. If the shipment wasn't delivered, it might even have been returned to the sender. I'm sure yours wouldn't be the first case of such a mistake, and they're bound to have some experience and advice on dealing with such an issue. Wouldn't hurt to check...

5. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I don't think you stand to lose anything by asking. On the other hand, by not asking you are sure to not receive your package.

6. Duffin Gems: 13/31

Thanks for the advice, I rang them and the woman told me that the item was dispatched a few days after I got the dispatch email, so perhaps the package wasn't as overdue as I thought and to give it a few more days. Still not too optimistic though.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.