1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Postableness - what's your story?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Errol, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Right,
    To celebrate my incredible 1000 posts in well over one and a half years of Sorcerer's (Do i get a present for this?), let's have your views on people's posts nowadays, and if you think you've posted well over the long time (or short few hours) you've been registered here.

For the old regulars (you know who you are), how do you feel SP has changed post-wise... if at all? With Icewind Dale II's release I've noticed the whole Forum swamp under "What is your best Party/Spell/Char" posts, as it did under Neverwinter Nights' and Baldur's Gate II's releases (yes I was here for the BG one, just not registered).
    Go on, express yourself.

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well, as for your present...I'll give you a pat on the back. I don't consider myself to be old, :rolleyes: but I am a regular visiting BoM about twice a day...I feel too many of the posts are about someone's insanly tough party, or just the opisite. :rolling:

3. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

This place doesn't seem to change much... Congratulations on the 1000 posts, if I keep this pace up I'll get there in, oh, 5 or 6 years? :D

4. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Hey, I've been here for a mere 4 months and *I* find the game-related forums repetitious and redundant. ;) I'll scan through the topics every day but I don't read them often, let alone contibute. This comment relates only to BG2, since we don't have the other games.

The Miscellaneous forums are much more fun. There's some repetition, of course, but to a much lesser degree than on the gaming side. When one thread gets stale, there's always Elios around to start up something new! :roll:

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Well, Goph, I have three weeks on you in the longevity factor, and I must say that yeah, tyhe game forums are repetitive. The reason why I no longer bother to check them. That is, the only forums I have the games for. (BG2 and ToB)

The splitting of Whatnots into first SS and then the Alley has been... an improvement, I think, in a way. Dunno the reason, though.

I think many of the regulars here have matured quite alot... what can I say? Teenagers grow up! And so does SP, as the part of the "Old Crowd" that is not so old can start drinking beer legally :)

I am rambling... I better stop before I rant. :p

(The one and only... you know who I am)

6. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I think the biggest change has been the board split. More is getting posted with the boards separate then with them as one...though this may be because Elios has arrived, too. :p

I agree that the game forums quickly get repetitive...but this isn't anything new. I almost never venture into the game forums, and when I do it's usually just to reminisce about Torment.

7. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

As one of the most experienced members here, my opinion is that the boards have "died". That may be because I haven't played Baldur's Gate II or completed Icewind Dale II, but all these "Miscellaneous Forums" are a catastrophy. I come here every day, but I probably don't do more than 3-4 posts a week. There's nothing to reply to.

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I wonder what everyone's replying to then? :lol:

9. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

They're probably responding to posts like this!
    I've been trying to think of something profound to reply with in the posts with this similar topic. Afterall, I'm part of the reason for a part of this subject. :D
    I missed the whole split of Whatnots entirely. I think it happened when I moved. I came back and the section was already filling up with topics. I wanted to be the first :( But maybe someday Tal will devote a section to me! :lol:
    I like the variety of topics and the almost complete freedom to post new topics of our choice here. It gives us a place were we can express our views, our concerns, our interests and our occassional expertise in the games like Icewind Dale or Baldur's Gate. It gives us a chance to lash out, express our sincere disdain for the makers and the games, such as Pool of Radiance.
    We can get into a heated discussion on topics such as abortion, drugs, violoence and Michael Jackson.
    We can make jokes about flying a plane into a building and piss some people off, yet be their friend and take their side in another post.
    And, we can even find out if the mods like boxers or briefs. (hint hint hint, if they haven't posted there yet)
    But most of all, and I think this is the most important aspect of the ever changing boards, no where else can I go to meet such an eclectic plethora of individuals with diverse ethnic backgrounds from all over the world, and call them all my friends.

[ February 14, 2003, 11:26: Message edited by: Elios ]

10. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Been here a while. True the gaming boards get repetitious, but that's okay. Some people have not discussed the merits of the Kensai/Thief before and should be allowed to without being flamed with "This topic has been discussed before, blah, blah, blah". That's the primary purpose of the boards, to discuss games.
    Should Tal just close the forums from the old games (PST, BG, BG2, IWD) because people can just use the search? That wouldn't be much fun. Where else on the web is there such a great community discussing these great games?
    I don't post much in the gaming forums now. I don't have IWD2 (will be borrowing from my brother when he finishes it) and I don't have (or intend to get until it's under $20) Neverwinter Nights. When I play these games, I will probably post more.
    The miscellaneous forums are fun. I do get burned out from time to time on some of the more difficult topics (such as Abortion). But the community is lively and I still come by most days at least once.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.