1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Post your item ideas here

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Black Rose, Jan 17, 2002.

1. Black Rose Guest

As I (might) be starting a little mod project soon, I'm looking for some custom items that you wouldn't mind seeing in SoA. Weapons, armor, whatever. A good theme or backstory is appreciated as well.

Please try not to make your ideas cheesy. (i.e. a +5 sword in irenicus' dungeon) If you have an exorbitantly-powered item, tell me where the player would have to find it. Twisted Rune? OK. Waukeen's Promenade? Not OK.

2. Lord Sarevok Guest

Eh, I was pretty much happy with the weapons in the game, I just wish they had made certain weapons different types. Like maybe Daystar and the Holy Avenger bastard swords? Also I wish you could find more vanilla weapons like +2 bastard swords, and unique weapons would only be found by doing quests or killing some powerful creature.

3. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    There are alot things that I would like to see. Mainly some more varietys of armour and robes. As it is now all fighters have different kinds of full plate mail with the same ac. Maybe do some with higher ac but with special abilities or something? And some robes, a mage have nothing to choose from. Robe of Vecna, cheesy. Robe of archmagis, boring. Some cool chain and splint mail would be nice too.

4. Lord Sarevok Guest

Yeah maybe Capes for mages? That would look really cool on my Assassin/Mage and it would fit perfectly on the avatar for fighters. Also I wish the apperance for robes would look a little better on dual classed or multiclassed mages who have the apperance of fighters. I don't want them to look like mages, more like Archmages. AlsoI hate the apperance of splint and chain mail on (male) fighters in BG2! It looked a lot better in the original IMO. It would be cool if every item in your inventory affected your apperance, so you character was much more unique.

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'd like to see 2 scimitars especially made for neutral characters and dual-wielding. Just give them a name: I'll call them 'Velvet' and 'Villainy' now, just for practical reasons in this post. You could also call them Water&Whiskey, Yin&Yang (for balance :) ) or Harry&Sally...:D

Velvet +1, +3 vs. Evil,
    cast Negative Plane Protection and Protection from Evil, 10'Radius once a day
    Not usable by Evil chars.
    (found in Twisted Rune or other evil places)

Villainy +1, +3 vs. Good,
    Cast Greater Malison and Fireshield-Red once a day.
    Not Usable by Good-Aligned Characters.
    (gained when solving a quest for some goody or whatever)

When Dual-Wielding these Scimitars (only able when Neutral) you gain a +2 to your off-handed weapon, so you would have no penalty for your off hand when already having 3 profs in 2 weapon style. Perfectly Balanced ;)

What about the idea of having 2 weapons 'made for each other'? :love:

BtW: This would perfectly fit with my Elven Fighter/Mage chaotic-neutral (yeah, he's a Madman and a Lunetic, with low Char and Low Wisdom, just for roleplaying, :) )
    And I agree with Lord_Sarevok that the appearances of your character could be a little more different now and then, but i have to say that elven chain suits me fine!

[This message has been edited by Master of Nuhn (edited January 17, 2002).]

6. More ninja-tos. And wazikashis. Can't enough of those.
    Personally, I always thought it'd be nice to have more specialized equipment for rangers, bards, monks, barbarians, and priests. How about a mask for a bard? (I had Haer'dalis wear the Mask of King Strohm III just for that effect :))
    A special bow for a ranger would be pretty good too, or, say, a ceremonial mace for a priest. I think those exist in the game, but it's been a while since I've played SoA.
    There really should be specialized equipment for the three new characters, namely the monk, barbarian, and the sorceror.

7. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Here is what I have in mind so far (btw, great topic/idea):

Oaken Club +2, +3 vs. Umber Hulks

Description: Made from a mighty oak, this enchanted club boasts strengh and finese simultaneously. When wielded, one can feel the power of the forest flowing through it. The enchantress that created it, was intent on elminating all Umber Hulks that plagued her lands. As a result, the wielder of this club will find that the club can sense the presence of Umber Hulks and will grow stronger when used against them.

Statistics:

Equipped Abilities:
    +1 AC bonus
    Immune to Slow and Confusion

THACO: +2, +3 vs. Umber Hulks
    Damage: 1D6 +2, +3 vs. Umber Hulks
    Damage type: Crushing
    Weight: 3
    Speed Factor: 4
    Proficiency Type: Club
    Type: 1-Handed
    Requires 5 Strength
    Not usable by Mage

Suggested in game location: I think it would be cool to find this as loot in the Umar Hills Temple Ruins, perhaps in the room with the Bone Golem and the Altar.

8. strange_machine Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

hey, maybe some sort of contigency gem which goes off when you are at very low hp and casts teleport on yourself.! woot

9. scorpion12 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

a magical shotgun... 12 gauge... with selectable 00 buckshot (same damage as a +2 bullet from a sling) and a sabot slug (same damage as one of those sunstar bullets)...

kind of cool...

hehe

10. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] What do you think this is? Dirty Harry?

11. Lord Sarevok Guest

Nice idea about the scimitars! Those would go well with a fighter/druid as well.

12. happy1 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

How about a Coat of Many Colours.

It changes colour randomly - could be pretty but of no real use.

13. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Love the scimitar idea. I'd love to see the coat, as well.

How about Ring of Perception? Permanent IR sight, immune to blind and charm?

I'll have to think about this.

Ara
    (Sniffling... I hate the weather!)

14. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I alwasy missed some more enchated daggers in the game. How about that one:

Dagger of the cutpurse +3

Description:
    The skillfull halfling pickpocket Odo Swifthand would have been forgotten, had he not used this dagger as a worktool. Since he earned his keep and more as a cutpurse extraordinaire he soon recognised the need for an appropiate tool for the job and ordered this dagger from a mage of his thief guild.

Statistics:

Equipped Abilities:
    +15 to pick pockets, free movement
    Can cast mislead (or better: haste for 10 seconds - mislead it too offensive) once per day - as a help to escape at need.

THACO: +3
    Damage: 1D4 +3
    Damage type: piercing
    Weight: 1
    Speed Factor: 0
    Proficiency Type: dagger
    Type: 1-Handed
    Requires 4 Strength
    Usable by thiefs only

Suggested in game location:
    On a thief ??! Maybe in Maer-Var's Guild so that even good thieves can find it ...

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited January 17, 2002).]

15. Lord Sarevok Guest

Heh, no! That would make thief/mages less awsome, since anyone could just use the dagger! But good idea :).

16. Black Rose Guest

Thanks for your advice all, I will get to work as soon as I finish testing my first item:

Crystal Ioun Stone

+1 to Wisdom
    +1 to Intelligence

17. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Special Abilities: This dagger is active for one hour a day. After that, it is not sharp anymore. The only way to sharpen it again is to cut yourself withit, you loses 30 hit points.

Regenerates 2 hit point per round

At a hit, you lose on hit point.

Damage: 1d4+3 + 1d2 poison damage
    Thaco: +3

Cannot be used by good alligned characters.

[This message has been edited by Headbanger (edited January 17, 2002).]

18. Black Rose Guest

I got a little web site up with some custom items ready for download. They are UNFINISHED, and may or may not work.. just throwing them out there so seasoned editors can gimme some tips.

The addy is:

http://www.geocities.com/stevpear

[This message has been edited by Black Rose (edited January 17, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Black Rose (edited January 17, 2002).]

19. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Of all these replies so far I made MY top 3:

3: Capes for Mages
    2: Oaken Club +2
    1: Dagger of the Cutpurse +3

And I, too, would like to see some more magical Wakazashi's...
    Coat of many colours would be a nice gadget.

Dual wielding Scimitars idea may be a little buggy: Why should you use an item vs good AND an item vs evil, when your opponent is either Good OR Evil? (or neutral of course)

[This message has been edited by Master of Nuhn (edited January 17, 2002).]

20. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I would like to see some more +5 weapons, a character not specialized in two handed swords, short bows, sling, staffs just can't hit kangaxx (magic not counted, and I might have forgotten weapons). It's ok if they have major drawbacks. It was not meant from powergaming perspective. For example charges, or if it kills anyone the weilder is level drained even immunity to the spell doesn't help. The charged ones could be bought at the adventure markt as one battle items

Next: Bastard swords are generally rare in SoA. Make some nice ones ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.