1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Post for random babbling, possibly with some sense, #5

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jun 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Just what it says. Post away, mostly anything goes, as long as it's not one-word comments or similar spam.

2. herf Guest

One small step for Herf's post count, one giant leap for Herf-kind :D

To be honest I hate these topics, but ah well...

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Excellent, just what I've been waiting for .... ;):):spin::square::roll::wave:

6 left:heh:

4. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Just started playing Fallout 2 to help assuage the boredom at work. The story's decent (so far), the idea is relatively original, but man do I hate these combat sequences.

Incidentally, for those who do play it, what do you do when you don't have enough "action points" (I'm playing it in French, so the translation may be different in the original game..."points d'action") to take another swing/shot?

5. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I can't figure out what kind of character i should make in Morrowind, any ideas?

6. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Tasohan - do the test to determine your class and just choose any race that takes your fancy.

7. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Just made some wierd intros on Op flashpoint. Used most of the fall over commands. I love making intros on that game, it's sooo endless :grin::shake::grin:

8. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I don't like OF. I have only tried it once, and that's probably how many times i'll ever play it. I played multiplayer on a netcafe with some of my friends. But my teammates (the friends) kept killing each over. I mean it IS a team game right? I mean where's the team spirit in that? That was my only experience with OF.

@Wildfire- Believe me. I have done that. My result was some crappy barbarian! yuck!

[This message has been edited by Tasohan (edited June 16, 2002).]

9. total Guest

Tasohan: you can read my reply in playground, but since i now see that you dont want to be barbarian, my advice is that you play battlemage that can easily be transformed to fighter if you get tired of spellcasting (i did and i was prepared, got lot of experience from Daggerfall). Just put all 8 magic skills to prim and sec skills and some weapon and armor. That way you can "control your level upping" and decide wich attributes you want to boost and int and wis will come by itself (by casting of course).

Im lev 32 with str, end, int at 100 and most of them beetween 60-80. But i cant boost luck.

Gonzago - pick "fast shot" trait (that starting perk), it will help.

10. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

[​IMG] Gonzago, just press 'end turn'. Or run away. Or move closer. Simple as that.

11. Findol The Swift Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Pulling things over from #4, thanks Wildfire.

Well today I'm going to a festival. PLan on riding som rides, eating some food, and walking a lot.

On the festival topic, this is what I don't get. The festival used to be called The Ethnic Festival. Now it's called The Summer In The City Festival. Also they used to close around 9:00-10:00, now they close at 8:00. It doesn't even get dark! I really like the fireworks and the rides when it's dark out! It sucks. But scince they changed the name no one knows that it's The Ethinc Festival, just a different name and screwed up people running it.

12. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

[​IMG] Hmm, was just checking the member list out. I seem to be leading the Malaysian contingent
    with 302 posts! Yay for me!

Grr... looks like I have to wait until the local stores import NWN. :(

13. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Gonzago:

I probably don't appreciate FO2 because I played FO1, first.

Use your extra AP to run away from the target. That gives you just that little extra boost, when it's his turn to shoot/move. The AC isn't worth it, because you don't get a boost to your absorption ratings too.

14. Errol Gems: 23/31

[​IMG] Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, [snip] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log
    ---------------

NOW i notice a problem with the PM's.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2015
  15. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] hmm, just checked the members list on SP ... 458 posts by germans ... me excluded ... that means I have posted approx 5,2 times as much as they altogether ...:whoa::D

16. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Ragusa, 536 posts by Croats - me excluded.
    That gives 6,48 in my case. Talkin' about scary things... :mommy:

17. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Gopher, let me guess, it happened when you were trying to send a PM to someone and weren't logged in?

If it was anything else and you can't tell me exactly what you did to produce the ISE, I can't do anything about it. Just the ISE notice means nothing. Could be a million things that cause it.

18. Errol Gems: 23/31

[​IMG] Geez Tal, your astounding Intelligence never fails to amaze me!:p:grin::rolleyes:

Guess what? There's only one Gopher member here, and that's lil' 'ol me!

19. Taluntain

Media:
    Well, was it that then? Because I noticed it myself just recently... I never did before because I was always logged in when I hit the boards but now I never am.

20. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

And yet another glorious defeat!!! This time I can't say the score though, as I have no idea what it was :p.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.