1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Post for random babbling, possibly with some sense, #4

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, May 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

he is a great man... but has some very bad ideas.... he started the stealwar with europe and japan, the rocketshield, rejected the worldwide Kyoto-plan to reduce CO2-pollution....

2. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

George Bush is not a nice man. I think that "forcing" a country to accept ultra conservative values, and then denouncing critiscim of them is a very poor idea, and the signs of a very weak man. I believe his foreign policy (which is how the rest of the world will view him - given that we do not hear of much US domestic policy) is hugely naive.

Nobleman, I am curious (though not flaming you). As a scientist, are you not dismayed by GWBs environmental, humanitarian and ethical (third world contraception/abortionist) views?

I am sure this topic has been discussed to death, so I will not continue.

3. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Aha!! I'm not the only person in the world who likes George Bush!! Personally, I think the world could use some people to get things moving. Of course, I DO agree that Bush takes this to a rather high degree, but some good will come of it. Maybe I just think like this because my government has decided to take on the role of extreme panzies who can't deal with world-affecting issues. In case no one has heard, our "brilliant" PM has decided to take all Canadian troops out of Afghanistan by the end of August.

4. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Do you think he would have a chance of re-election if he hadn't? There have been so many petitions and letters to editors since April 18 demanding that we remove Canadian troops from US command that he couldn't help but get the message that that's what Canadians want. And he always gives the public what it wants, no matter how stupid it is. Remember when he cancelled the EH-101 purchase the month after his first election, even though it was obvious it would cost more not to get new S&R helicopters than it would to go through with the purchase we'd committed to? What the public wants, the public gets, so that Jean can keep the only job in the world he's qualified for- kissing the electorate's bum.

But I have to agree with the Canadian public on this one- the Canadian army is underfunded, underequipped, undertrained for combat missions. We have nothing to contribute in Afghanistan except to meaninglessly sacrifice lives- the only reason we were there in the first place was to show the US how sad we were about Sept 11. The Americans can do what needs to be done in Afghanistan far more efficiently than we can. What the Cdn Forces are trained and equipped for is policing and peacekeeping- we should stick to that, we're good at it.

5. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31

That's true Sprite, but that brings up another point, Chretien is one of the main reasons that our military is so crappy. Two of the four bases I've lived on in the past 16 years (that's my whole life by the way, except for a 6-month period in 1990 when I lived in Wales) have been closed!! Chretien seems annoyingly happy to take as much money as possible away from our military, among other things.

6. Sprite Gems: 15/31

Hey! Which bases? My grandpa was a Sgt Major in Borden for most of his adult life.

I feel for you re: base closings- isn't it amazing how you can get attached to them? I was stationed at CFOCS Chilliwack when it was sold- and that base was paradise, there's no other word for it, I've never been so happy in my life. Salmon fishing 5 minutes from work! And glacier-fed lakes to swim in! Ahhhhhhh... So, naturally, it was sold to a much more profitable enterprise than national defence. :( I darn near wept. And the poor little buggers training for officerhood now don't have anywhere near so nice for their initiation into hell. :heh:

Dundurn, on the other hand, is just plain no fun. I spent an instructive month touring former concentration camps in Germany and had a distinct sense of deja vue- Dundurn looks JUST like Dachau. If you've lived there, my serious condolences. :eek: Those draughty stone barracks were so cold at night there was some SERIOUS fraternisation going on just for body heat.

I spent most of my brief military career at the Artillery Battle School in Shilo- ever been there? It's in the middle of nowhere but it's quite nice.

7. ArchAngel Guest

Christopher_Lee; Yes I am.
    Well noboby is perfect. Not even GWB.

As Long as he doesn't intervene in my work on cancer and aging I can live with his babbling.

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited May 25, 2002).]

8. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] p[ersonally i think george bush is a bit of a pillock, but the americans could be ruled by someone worse i suppose........for example.......erm......i'll get back to you on that one!

9. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

10. ArchAngel Guest

I am never getting drunk again.

I remember spending half an hour logging on to SP chat this night (I need to type a 7 digit code with both capital and small letters)

Even now I am so drunk I have to concentrate to type.

Yoda sure got me drunk :1eye:

11. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    hehe, I feel with you - I remember posting here seriously drunk one night. I typed about 30 messages that night and I spent the next two days trying to figure out which topics I posted on to correct my typos :D

12. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31

No Sprite, I can't say that I've ever lived at Shilo.
    I went from CFB Moosejaw (where I was born) to CFB Portage la Prairie (these are the 2 bases I mentioned that have been closed) to Wales, to CFB Winnipeg, to....CFB Borden, my current home!

13. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] :happy: I am sooo happy at the moment. I've jus got home from a party that lasted over 24 hours and was very cool :grin:

14. Lol ok... I have to make 4 CDs by the end of today. I need to do my laudry, clean the bathrooms (ick) and finish my homework. I am here on SP procrasinating :)

15. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31

Me too me too!! :roll::spin::grin:

16. Sprite Gems: 15/31

Faerus- you must be in an Air Force rather than Army family, yes? I hear Borden is nice. Luxury compared to CFB Winnipeg anyway. :) And you aren't far from great camping there, if you like to camp.

I didn't know CFB Moosejaw was closed! I spent two weeks training in the weapons depot there. The junior ranks club looked like 10-forward and they served the best Army food I've ever seen. One of the Air types I worked with there said, "yeah, they have to feed us better than you Army morons because we can't be paid to live in a hole in the ground and eat out of baggies". :) Happy memories.

17. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hmmm.... Guess what? Expect more incoheerent spam than usual... I didn't sleep at all last night, and I'm once again on cafeine/sugar high, thanks to very strong and sweet tea....

On the topic of more odd dreams: I was at some sort of a beach, it was rainy, and there were some peoiple doing that thing in which they use sort of a parachute to hang behind a boat... and For some reason, Tal was there, wearing a pointy hat, and complaining that it was cold...

Oh, and I got indirectly into radio this morning. The Radio Mafia morning show had a lame joke about Kent and a rhyme involving butter made at summer, but they had no idea what the relevance of summer in the butter was. So, I went to their website and told them what it meant, and they used it in the same show. Don't I feel proud...

Ara
    (Not tired... not at all...)

18. I've just spent a couple of hours making a quaterstaff for myself. I began with a curtain pole, which I sanded down. I then traced "Lawful Good" in elven script along either end, and went over it with indellible ink. Finally, I wrapped some black elastic around the middle and nailed it into place. Now it looks really really, cool. :D

Just thought I'd share that with you all.

19. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

20. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] very douglas adams... :alleraurestau:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.