1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

*Possible Spoilers* What Classes get Special Quests+ Dialogues?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Yoshimo's Heart, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Answers in this thread may contain spoilers so beware.

So as the title asks what classes get unique quests or special dialogues in the game so that I can choose the best party to maximize special events. An example would be the paladin to get the holy avenger (and stat boosts). I have heard that a cleric of bane gets one too though I don't know what they get.

So what classes should I look into?

2. Acrux Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

How "special" do the dialogues need to be? There are a few places where certain classes will get a unique choice, but no extra XP or quest items. Intelligence and Wisdom affect a few dialogues here and there, and Diplomacy, Bluff, and Intimidate affect several also.

Off the top of my head (there's a lot more):
    Paladin (Holy Avenger)
    Cleric of Bane (Wisdom boost)
    Transmuter (minor event in the late game)
    Bards get a few minor dialogues throughout the game
    Sorcerers with (I think) 8+ levels get a special dialogue in the wandering village
    Bards/Clerics/Paladins/Fighters can inspire troops in a couple of places before the Targos battle begins
    Drow/Svirfneblin/Grey Dwarves (maybe others) get additional dialogues with the Priest of Myrkkul before the Targos battle
    High Intelligence PCs can stop Xuki's speech at the bridge
    Low intelligence characters get a humorous option when ordering Isherwood's arrows from Dierdre

Take a look at this page for a lot of information (major spoilers): http://weidu.org/IWD2-QuestSkillList.txt

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The eight chambers challenge in the monastery was made for a monk -- it's not required but had a cool feel with a monk in the party.

Mati, midolinho and Yoshimo's Heart like this.
  4. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    There's special Druid dialogue in the Shaengarne, but i believe it was CHA-activated. I never got the dialogue with my druids.

Yoshimo's Heart likes this.
  5. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Trying to not be too spoilerish.... a High-level Duergar Fighter can create something in the Mindflayer area of the Underdark....

---------- Added 0 hours, 4 minutes and 39 seconds later... ----------

Fellwood - someone can correct this statement for accuracy but I believe Rangers (and maybe Druids???) can use track or search the paths for info....

6. Acrux Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

Technically, anybody with a high enough Wilderness Lore can track in the Fell Wood. It's about the only time that skill is useful.

7. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Thanks everybody! Some of these I have seen but some I have not so that is very cool.

In terms of special dialogue I was thinking along these lines...

1. Gives extra XP, stats, items etc

2. Gives a unique story addition (like it gives you historical info that you can't get nay other way that is really interesting).

3. Is really funny and is worth having this character just to see the dialgue.

One example I can think of is in IWD 1 where if you have a bard in Easthaven you can talk to the siren (nerrid or whatever the water girl was) and complete an extra quest.

8. coineineagh

Media:
    A non-Paladin with 13-14INT 15-16CHA (blurry memory) and a high talking skill (diplo/bluff/intim all work) can persuade a merchant in the Underdark to buy/Sell with a very favourable bonus. If you have a bottomless bag of holding, this merchant stands to earn you afortune.

9. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I believe a Bard can speak to Hedron's mother and get more of a story from her with the right dialogue choices.

Evil clerics can choose a different Dialogue path with the Ghost from the Inn.

10. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I believe there are a couple other instances where a bard can get extra background info like with Hedron's mother, I want to say one was in Kuldahar, but I might be thinking of IWD1.

Oh, and I double-checked Hedron's mother's dialog, it seems that a bard or somebody with an 18 in both INT and WIS can get the dialog. Given the default point-buy, it is unlikely for anybody to create such a character to meet the latter requirements as no class needs 18 in both INT and WIS. So, unless you modify the point buy in the .INI or use Dalekeeper II, for all practical purposes it needs to be a bard.

For the goblin translation, have a dwarf, elf, or gnome speak to the priest of Myrkul. I'm not sure Interpreted it right.

I know there is a time or two when a druid or ranger can get some extra dialog in the game, and it comes in handy with the werewolves outside Andora after the airship crashes, but I think wilderness lore is the key and anyone with talking skills and wilderness lore can do it.

11. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

Seems like no one mentioned that any priest of Ilmater gets a small quest exp bonus in Kuldahar by cleansing a statue, once the graveyard has been liberated.

12. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Interesting thanks.

13. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

Where do you find the holy avenger for the paladin?

14. coineineagh

Media:
    A talisman in Dragon's Eye. You can return to the graveyard, and the talisman will be replaced by a sword on the ground, and your party is herded together, surrounded by 6 of the most difficult opponents in the game.

I reccommend installing Tactics, so the XP is a fixed amount. You can safely delay the encounter until your party is stronger.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.