1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Your Favourite Race

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Death Whisper, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Ok, now its time for another poll.

Im jusut curious on peoples oppinions and favourites and so on, so i posts polls to learn it.

other people will also know this since anyone can view the polls results (as long as they vote).

Future Polls will be about weapons, equiptment, party and so on.

Though i will surely stop if i see that the polls fails.

But feel free to come with suggestions on which type of polls i should post.

and remember that you have total liberty in saying your oppinion, (as long as you use gentle words :p )

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 52 user(s) have voted.
    Voting starts at September 09, 2003 09:36 board time.
    Voting stops at October 09, 2003 09:36 board time.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Your Favourite Race (52 votes.)

Your Favourite Race (Choose 2)
    * Human - 38% (20)
    * Elf - 42% (22)
    * Half-Elf - 21% (11)
    * Half-Orc - 6% (3)
    * Hafling - 10% (5)
    * Gnome - 2% (1)
    * Dwarf - 23% (12)
    * Others - 0% (0)
    * No Favourite - 4% (2)

2. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

It is hard for me to choose, as I like all the races, But I go for human and elf.

I feel that it is more easy to be a human and elves are generally more charming than other races. But dwarfs are not bad either, as they are the loyal and hardworking type. Gnomes are funny especially those with a big big mouth. I like half-orcs only when they are good one, as I like the idea of some usually evil creatures that are actually good(imagine if there is a "good" beholder). Not much to say for halfings and half-elves, but I don't dislike them either.

Oh yeah and if anyone got an idea for a poll, I think they would rather post the poll themselves :D
    Just stating a fact.... mean no offences. :)

3. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31

hehe, no offence taken :)

i like the elfes too since they get a bonus to swords and bows which are pretty useful. And i somehow image them to be a nice and kind race.

I dont like humans, though only they can dual class which forces me to use them.
    Humans are evil beeings :( (with the exeption of poor old minsc :) )

As for haflings, i like em too.
    Small race that can look pretty cool with the right equiptment (nights gift anyone?).
    they are also the best pure thief race in my oppinion, though elfes are good thiefs too.

4. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I don't know why but i do like half elves :D I play only half elves

5. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Elves and dwarfs. Because of the obvious reasons: culture, appearance and physical features.

6. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

For pure gameplay I like humans the most for they are the only ones with the ability to dual-class. This makes it possible to build a truly versatile and powerful character.
    As for roleplaying I like dwarves the most. Dwarves simply rule!

7. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Dawrf, Dwarf, dwarf, and dwarf! I can't explain it but I just LOVE dwarf, a dwarvedn fighter/cleric wth a BIG hammer is da way to go!

Go dwarf, go!

8. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Dwarves and elves all the way. Do dwarves get bonuses with certain weapons like the elves? If they do, what are they?
    In fact, if anyone knows what each race is good at, can you please tell me :)

9. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I went with half-elves and gnomes. Dramatically speaking, half elves have it all -- they are caught between 2 worlds, they have some bonuses but nowhere near the powers that either of their generating races have, they rock -- plus, they can select three classes in a multi class, which I like!
    I like Gnomes because they can become quite powerful -- they can multiclass a mage kit, and this makes them quite formidable -- Jan, for example, is my all time favorite NPC.

10. Menion Leah Gems: 9/31

Dwarfs make for great fighters. They might not have the STR and DEX of a half-orc, but they do gain saving throw bonusses. And they're just cooler :cool: .

Elfs are cool too. I really love the race (not necessarily in BG2) and I think they're pretty nice in BG2. They make for nice sorcerers, thieves and even fighters (although their CON is low).

I think half-elves are nice too. But that's just because they can be a lot of classes. I use them to multiclass and for singleclasses that I'm not going to dual anyway. Too bad I could only pick 2.

11. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I picked dwarves and halflings, but it would have been easier to pick the races I like least. I like dwarves and half-orcs for tanks, halflings for thieves, elves for mages and ranged attackers, and gnomes for mages. The races I am least fond of (but still don't actually dislike) are humans ("flat" max stats and no racial bonuses, but necessary for dual-classing, so I actually pick them quite often) and half-elves ("flat" max stats and relatively weak racial bonuses).

12. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Humans for me. We upstart, greedy and cunning humans will swarm over the elves and dwarves, take their treasures, despoil their women (ok. Maybe not the dwarven women, but each to their own.) and slaughter their children!

*In character voice*: Your time is over, ancient, senile and ineffectual fools of the elven and dwarven races! Now is the age of humanity! Feel the sting of the weapons you taught us to craft! Feel the flames of the magic you shared with us! Feel the despair of imminent genocide, and DIE!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

*Out of character voice*: Well, anyway, I simply find it so much more impressive and cooler when a mere human, hero, anti-hero or villian triumphs rather than an elven golden-boy or a scottish-accented dwarf. Go humans!

Of course, evil humans make the best villians. :evil:

13. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It really depends on the class.

Fighter: Dwarf, Half-Orc
    Paladin: Gorilla (er...I mean human)
    Ranger: Elf
    Barbarian: Half-Orc
    Cleric: Gnome, Dwarf of Halfling
    Druid: Any
    Theif: Depends on the focus (melee, ranged, or sneaky snake).
    Bard: Half-Elf
    Mage: Elf
    Sorcerer: Elf
    Multi-Figher: Elf or Dwarf
    Multi-Cleric: Any
    Mult-Mage: Gnome

Overall, I dig Elves.

14. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

Now that I think about it, I've never had a non-human character, so I went for humans. Halflings were my second choice, but I don't know why.

15. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31

Not closed yet :p

[ September 11, 2003, 13:12: Message edited by: Death Whisper ]

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Eh? Close a perfectly fine topic after 2 days? I don't think so. If you want your poll to end at a specific date you should have set it so when you created it. (And in any event, creating one to last 2 days would be silly, mildly put.)

Same goes for all your other polls. Don't post any more if you intend to "close" them after 2 days. That hardly gives everyone a chance to vote.

17. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31

hehe, thank you for saying its a perfectly fine Poll :)

I just feeled that it wouldnt get many more votes or replies.

Anyhow, if you wish i'll just reopen it and somehow edit or delete the "close reply" of mine.

Cheers!

18. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I'm one for half-elves too. Like Depaara said, they are the best of both worlds.

19. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Geez, if he keeps this up, I'm going to be out of a job.

20. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Half-Elf,

A certain half-elven woman who serves the cause of nature combines the best of both sides. The fine elven features of her elven parent. The curviness and strength that comes with being part-human.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.