1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Will you still play NWN1 now that NWN2 is out?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by chevalier, Nov 5, 2006.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    The question is simple. Will you still play NWN1 or will you entirely move on to NWN2 once you've got it?

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 26 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Will you still play NWN1 now that NWN2 is out? (26 votes.)

Will you still play NWN1 now that NWN2 is out? (Choose 1)
    * Yes - 77% (20)
    * No - 19% (5)
    * I don't know/Results SVP - 4% (1)

2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    NWN2 won't run on my PC and I still haven't finished playing many mods with NWN.
    Since I don't have much time IRL and I don't think I'll be buying a new computer anyway I guess I won't play NWN2 any time soon (plus spending loads of money on a new PC only to play a game doesn't make much sense IMHO).

3. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

i never much liked the feel of the campaigns in nwn1 and while there is a lot of great mods out there, nwn1 just has so many flaws, like the whole henchmen system and the bulky graphic, so ill stick to the bg saga and the two icewind dales, untill i get nwn2 running

4. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I won't play NWN1 main campaign ever again, it was horrible. I still like the toolset though.

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Am I the only person who has actually liked the campaigns? Just mind you that I've only played the late 1.60-ies, with many patches and both expansions installed, so, for example, overcoming the ridiculous damage resistance on everything in the OC was much less difficult for my paladin with Divine Might on top of all the weapon-based buffs.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yes, Chevalier. The NWN OC was awful.

7. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Yeah, well untill Christmas when I'll get NWN2 :lol: There some pretty good NWN modules on the internet. I installed it yesterday, the first one that is.

8. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Will be playing it for a while yet.

9. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Yep will still be playing till i get a new comp. Anybody here play in online sessions? I'd like to play with someone who isnt a jerk for once. :p

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Still haven't finished HotU, so yep...

11. khaavern Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I did not think the OC was that bad. Anyhow, I still have to finish about three separate modules from the Vault, and there are several others I meant to try, so yes, I'll still be playing NWN1.

Anyhow, I suspect it will take some time till the NWN2 user created content will be equivalent in quality to what's available for NWN1.

12. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

There's SO much more content available for NWN right now..its mind boggling!! I haven't even finished Darkness over Daggerford or Wyvern Crown of Cormyr yet...not to mention tons of other lesser known player created campaigns available on NWVault.

Besides...NWN1 has my beloved 40 lvl epic system AND I played NWN2 at a friend's place and I wasn't all that chuffed about it.

So no...I don't think I will stop playing NWN1 any time soon actually...

Besides...pretty graphics do not a good game make!

13. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Chev - I liked the OC. It wasn't the best, but I enjoyed it.

14. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

NWN2 won't run in my computer and I'm not going to upgrade it for a while so NWN it is. NWN has a much easier toolset than NWN2 so for my purposes NWN fits for now much better in any case.

15. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I still have to finish the mod "Darkness over Daggerford" in NWN 1. It's huge and reminds me strongly of Baldurs Gate.

And I cannot afford to upgrade my PC and buy NWN 2.

16. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I bought Wyvern Crown of Cormyr over the weekend. What a great module!! I am in love with NWN all over again! I love mounts/mounted combat. Even the jousting is cool!

I haven't gone very far in the game, but so far it is excellent!

17. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

It will be NWN1 for me, for a while yet. I don't have the required nuclear powered PC to play NWN2, and I have still never played any of the highly recommended NWN1 modules, other than SoU and HotU.

18. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I havent played any of the mods yet. Are there any ones inparticular that you guys recommend? The Darkness over Daggerford" and "Wyvern Crown of Cormyr" sound intersting. Does anyone here play any of the mods or on persistent worlds as finding someone to have an enjoyable multiplayer game can be difficult, especially as none of my friends have NWN.

19. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Wyvern Crown of Cormyr apparently is a great module with heavy system requirements (for a NWN mod) and a somewhat Civilization-like effect on players. Costs $12 in the Bioware Store.

Darkness over Daggerford then again is a great module, if a bit resource heavy and large, and it's free. Every Baldur's Gate fan should play it.

And I will certainly keep playing NWN.

20. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Take the plunge, buy the module. It's worth it, and tells Bioware how much you enjoyed NWN!!

I enjoyed the OC, SoU, and HoU, but I prefered playing multiplayer online in RP or storyline/interaction heavy mods. WCC reminds me of multiplayer.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.