1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Who wants a new RP?

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Dalamar Maximus, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Do we have too many Rps or do we want more?

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 16 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Who wants a new RP? (16 votes.)

Do you want another RP? (Choose 1)
    * Yes! - 56% (9)
    * No! - 19% (3)
    * Maybe - 25% (4)

2. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Stop voting by the first Saturday in Febuary.

3. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I voted yes since I'm only in 3 and I have room for lots more in my brain :p

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

A most definite maybe. I prefer quality to quantity. :p

5. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Well, the Roleplay Corner is rarely used, although there seems to have been a sudden influx recently. I would definately say more.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Roleplays tend to start off with a hiss and a roar and then fade away after a few months. What is the longest running RP?

7. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Well duh, Harbourboy; that's the CC. Or maybe Pirates... :hmm:

8. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Pirates had many parts to it. So probably that one. Can't count CC it is isn't in the Roleplay Corner and strickly speaking isn't exactly a RP. Maybe, sometimes, once-in-awhile?

Rashemen did well for itself but seems to be losing steam although we have a new quest of some sort.

AS far as a new RP goes...It depends.

9. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

No, the attention gets taken away from strong ones we already have like Rashemans and Lealit.

10. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

No, the attention gets taken away from strong ones we already have like Rashemans and Lealit.

11. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    :) You stuttered, Benan.

Actually I voted no but on thinking it over decided I should have voted "it depends." Obviously not everyone is interested in Laelit or Rashemen. The other strong one is "the Pirates" one.

Even I get ideas for a RP but there is a lot more to RPing than that. Keeping a RP thread going isn't easy.

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I wouldn't mind going into another.

Laelit was hard for me because I'd never read any book by Christopher Paolini, so had no clue how the world worked or wtf was up with those eggs. :lol:

It's slow if what you think is a great, interesting idea for an RP and realize no one is playing, usually because they haven't got clue one as to what should be done (re: Warwic). :o

I suppose, should an RP be jumping right into the action, or actually thinking about reacting to the made-up world around your PC?

13. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

If you have an original idea - then yes, it would be worth starting a new RP. If it's just going to be standard fantasy and/or pirates again - bleh.

(OTOH - feel free to ignore me, because my participation isn't guarenteed anyway...)

14. Nakia

Media:
    The problem with an original idea in RPing in a forum such as this one is the person with the idea (I'll use DM) has to make the world come alive for the potential players. Words are tricky things. kuemper and I speak the same language...or do we? Without pictures we are not going to see the same things. I'm very firm in my ideas as to who and what a halfling is but someone who has only played 3ed d&d would have a totally different picture; the two are so different they exclude each other.

An orginal idea could fall flat simply because people can't relate to it whereas something familiar might get their attention. "Oh, I know about that. I know where that is. Let's see, I can play this character."

Even if all goes well there is the time lag with the difficulty in comunicating quickly and easily.

Take a look at the old RP's. They go back to 2001. I think the Pirate theme was the most popular.

Kuemper has a problem with the eggs but for me lighting hit simply because I am adicted to McCaferty and Lackey. Companions? Right on guys here I come. Bird Brothers? No problem. I'm still trying to work a white stallion in. :)

Just Joking.

15. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Well than what kind of RP. A futeristic one like Alpha One? One based in Faerun? One in a different world like Laelit? I think one based in World War 1 or a war at the prensent, like in Iraq, or even a RP in the Roman Legions or Alexanders "Companions". We could try a historical RP.

16. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

I'd join one based in Iraq. I've even got a character. I'll pinch the protaganist from my short story competition entry

17. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I've been thinking for a long time about GMing a WW II RP, set in a border town in Vichy France, just across the line from German occupied France. Players could be Maquis (French resistance), farmers, German agents, British OSS, Russian agents, whatever. Missions would be assigned and attempted. Any takers there?

As is probably obvious, I've got a chronic addiction to the RP corner, though RL and NWN has recently abated it a bit.

18. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I voted maybe, but it is really closer to a no than a yes. As things are now, it seems that people have a hard time keeping the RPs going, and in my eyes it would be stupid just to make a new RP that would eventually fail and whither away. I'd say rather try to re-gain focus on those already going on, but if anyone has an original idea with lot's of potentional I still think it would be stupid not to at the least post the idea and get some feedback, which is, in the end, why I chose maybe.

19. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Scot, I'll go for that. Just something non-fantasy. I miss guns

*Reads post*

That sounded creepy

20. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

I think one in Stratenburg, I forget the name I believe that's it, where the Germans and Russians had a sniper war for many months. If any of you have read" The War of the Rats" you'll know what I am talking about.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.