1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Who is your favorite/least favorite NPC in Baldur's Gate II?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Kovalis Darkfire, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Which Non Player Character do you like best/least? Tell why.

I like Keldorn Firecam best because I just love Paladins and he is and excellent fighter as well!
    That Edwin guy has an attitude and he is very evil. I like to have Edwin join my party just so Keldorn can cleave him in two with the holy avenger!

[ December 13, 2003, 21:39: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 2 question(s). 42 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Who is your favorite/least favorite NPC in Baldurs Gate II? (42 votes.)

Who is your favorite NPC in Baldur's Gate II? (Choose 1)
    * Imoen: human mage/thief - 12% (5)
    * Minsc: human ranger - 2% (1)
    * Jaheira: half-elf fighter/druid - 10% (4)
    * Yoshimo: human bounty hunter - 5% (2)
    * Aerie: elven cleric/mage - 10% (4)
    * Nalia de' Arnise: human mage/thief - 0% (0)
    * Anomen Delryn: human fighter/cleric - 5% (2)
    * Korgan Bloodaxe: Dwarven berserker - 7% (3)
    * Viconia deVir: drow cleric - 7% (3)
    * Jan Jansen: gnome illusionist/thief - 5% (2)
    * Valygar Corthala: human stalker - 2% (1)
    * Keldorn Firecam: human inquisitor - 10% (4)
    * Haer Dalis': tiefling blade - 10% (4)
    * Edwin Odesseiron: human conjurer - 14% (6)
    * Cernd: human shapeshifter - 0% (0)
    * Mazzy Fentan: halfling fighter - 2% (1)

Who is your least favorite NPC in Baldur's Gate II? (Choose 1)
    * Imoen: human mage/thief - 2% (1)
    * Minsc: human ranger - 2% (1)
    * Jaheira: half-elf fighter/druid - 5% (2)
    * Yoshimo: human bounty hunter - 0% (0)
    * Aerie: elven cleric/mage - 10% (4)
    * Nalia de' Arnise: human mage/thief - 12% (5)
    * Anomen Delryn: human fighter/cleric - 21% (9)
    * Korgan Bloodaxe: Dwarven berserker - 5% (2)
    * Viconia deVir: drow cleric - 0% (0)
    * Jan Jansen: gnome illusionist/thief - 7% (3)
    * Valygar Corthala: human stalker - 0% (0)
    * Keldorn Firecam: human inquisitor - 2% (1)
    * Haer Dalis': tiefling blade - 14% (6)
    * Edwin Odesseiron: human conjurer - 5% (2)
    * Cernd: human shapeshifter - 14% (6)
    * Mazzy Fentan: halfling fighter - 0% (0)

2. Ishmael Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

[​IMG] I like Korgan - Not only is he a solid tank, a great addition to the party, but he has THE best banter.

I cannot stand Anomen. Even though he's a fairly decent character on paper, he is a complete wanker. The only good reason to include him in the party is to advise him to kill his father and watch him lose his knighthood.
    (Mwhahahaha!)

3. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Least favorite - Korgan. Sure, he's a fun NPC during an evil game. Real life though, I have no respect for anybody who takes that much pleasure in killing.

Favorite - Lady Jaheira, the most beautiful woman on the face of Faerun. Her personality has so many wonderful contrasts as well. :love:

4. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31

I agree with you, Korgan can be alot of fun if you are playing an evil party. But I never can seem to take the game seriously when I do that.

5. Ishmael Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

I am playing an evil party now, but I bring Korgan with good parties too. He loves to get a rise out of the good characters, which keeps them on their toes and makes it fun.

The game seems much more challenging when you're evil though, don't you think? (Off Topic)

6. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Favorite - Edwin

Least Favorite - Aerie

7. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I don't really have a favourite / least favourite.

If its in terms of power, then it has to be Edwin. If in terms of roleplaying, it has to be Jahiera (being one of few surviving NPC's of the original game). If we are talking about personal preference, then I'd go for Aerie. Lovely sweet girl, who gets obscenely powerful at later levels.

And I dont have a least favourite. I love all the NPC's. The one I have used least though, is Haer'Dalis.

8. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

My fav might be Imoen -the development team had probably a stroke of genious when they created her and her personality. :cool:

Can't remember who said this, but describes well:
    Anomen.

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Imoen is by far the best. She has such a great story arc related to her.

Anomen is by far the worst. I enjoy dueling him with my kensai.

10. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Imoen sure gets my vote for best.

Worst... So many choices... I don't like pretty much anyone... Went with Haer'Dalis because I can't use him effectivly.

11. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Hard to say. Imoen would be close to the top or at the top. Jaheira somewhere there too. Aerie is also quite amiable, but then after I saw the dialogues in Aerie/Jaheira romance conflict, I'm not sure if I like everything in both Aerie and Jaheira, so perhaps Nalia comes second to Imoen.

Valygar was a kind fellow and Keldorn was a good man.

I don't like Edwin and Korgan... but on the good side I dislike Anomen's foolish arrogance. There's something in Mazzy that disturbs me, but I don't really know what.

12. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

[​IMG] I see Neeber is not on the list.

:D :p

13. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Interesting, everyone seems to like Imoen and hate Anomen. Thats funny, he didnt seem so awful to me. hmm...perhaps I just havent' played in a while.

I'm going through the game once more now, from the Original saga all the way to TOB with my female half-elf Ranger!

14. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Favourite: My favourite NPC is in the expansion pack. In SoA, I have had brief favourites, Haer'dalis, Mazzy, even Cernd for a while, but I guess overall, Imoen would be my fave. Your reputation could be 2 and she'd still be around.

Least favourite: Keldorn - incredibly overpowered, fights with Viconia and that overpious attitude.

15. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Favorite = Jaheira : she always fits in my party even when I take someone else as love interest

Least favorite = Keldorn : Hate his person, even Anomen doesn't bother me as much (although he comes very close)

16. Razal'dar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Easily the best npc is Edwin. He is just the funniest guy this side of Waterdeep. And Viccy? That girl is hot. Why is it that evil characters are always the most fun?
    My hates............Anomen and that little whine Aerie.

17. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31

All the time it tooke me to create this poll and no-one voted...

18. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

This is quite a hard one as there as several that I like and dis-like.

My favorite NPCs are Haer-Dalis and Viconia. I just love their banter and whole persona. In the end though, Haer'D got my vote.

My least favorite are Edwin and Anomen. I hate the over-bearing arrogance and self-righteousness of both characters. In the end though it just has to be Edwin that got my vote. I always kill him in BG1 and will continue to do so in BG2 as well.

19. Crom the Powerfull Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I like edwin, for his spells and his acting as a powerfull sorcerer

I dont like hear'dhalis, Ive had him 2 times in my party ( only for a short while ). I thought Anomens voice was irritating, wel his was worse imo

20. Shadow Druid Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Favourite ~ Edwin. lol I just love this guy and his evil comments, I live for sarcasm ;) And in close second would have to be Viconia.

Least Favourite ~ Anomen. Sure he's a good cleric and an awesome tank, but honestly, sometimes I just wish he'd be hit with an imprisonment spell.....hmmmmm :flaming: :evil:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.