1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Who Is The Most Despised BG Enemy?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Biffle Chump, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Biffle Chump Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I WILL hunt down and... destroy zeh grotesque little blue men!

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 66 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Who Is The Most Despised BG Enemy? (66 votes.)

Who Is The Most Despised BG Enemy? (Choose 1)
    * Xvarts - Genocide is the only answer. - 35% (23)
    * Kobolds - So damn annoying! - 15% (10)
    * Slimes - Hard for mages to fight. - 5% (3)
    * Dryads - Ahhhahhhahhhhaaaah. *Shudders.* - 18% (12)
    * Skeleton Warriors - Free magic weapons when they die, but that is just as much of a curse, what with no inventory space. - 6% (4)
    * Gibberlings - They're more comical than anything else. - 5% (3)
    * Ettercaps and Spiders - What does an ettercap look like anyway? - 14% (9)
    * Halflings - Probably a branch of option 1. JK. - 3% (2)

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Wow So Far Xvart has 100% of the vote... Well you and I are also the only one who was voted so far... Mmm, but it's true those blue men are grotesque.

3. Arifirh Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

One more vote for xvarts. Irritating little critters. They're not even ironically likeable.

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

I gave my vote to 'Dryads', because they are the closest things to those g**d*** sirines! I hate their freaking singing! :mad:

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Skeleton warriors from me. Ever since I started playing RPGs five years ago, I've had more problems with undead than any other monsters. Since the skellys are the only undeads on the list, they get my vote.

6. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

I just outright avoid that Xvart village screen. I hate it soooooo much!

7. Biffle Chump Gems: 5/31

Haha! Join the Xvart Crusade!

I always wait until I have a Wand of Fire Summoning, and then I nuke the Xvart Village.

Or, I pit them against each other in gladiatorial combat.

SPOILER!!!

Also, did you know that there are two places were they use the Xvart model in BG2: SoA? The first is for the Vampiric Childre; the second is when you are in Bodhi's dungeon. You come across some kobolds performing some ritual, and one of the summoned guardians uses the Xvart model.

8. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Damn those Xvart!!
    Theyre sound is just is horrible, like a little child, and because there are so many, your ears almost explode, and they just keep coming, no end to it!!

9. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

1st time I played BG (no walkthrough) and the xvarts just kept screaming and coming outta the village it really freaked me out, heh. kinda made my 1st BG game more memorable so I don't mind them.

Kobolds get my vote. The little bastards kept respawning in the ruins of Firewind(iirc) bridge and annoyed the hell outta me.

10. Biffle Chump Gems: 5/31

Yes, but they are a never-ending supply of fire arrows.

11. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I voted Xvarts because they are full of warts ;)

But I would have voted Tasloi if the option had been available since I find them really boring with their spears and everything (stealing cloaks of non detection is a really nasty thing to do).

12. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Xvarts, because their name is difficult to pronounce, and they respawn like ants. There has to be a queen to kill so they stop coming.

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

@Jag

Unlike the kobolds in firedwine bridge iirc there are a finite number of xvarts..

true enough. but if it's your 1st run-through and you don't use a walkthrough and are expecting to find some kinda treasure down there (like the one in ulcaster ruins) it is a pain. in. the. ass. to keep having them respawn :mad: I EVENTUALLY figured out that they would keep respawning though :D

14. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I hate the spiders, but the Xvarts are cool. Great battlecries! :D

15. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Spiders here too, damn poison attacks and always a hidden web trap nearby. Xvarts are easy kills and many gems.

16. Biffle Chump Gems: 5/31

Xvart sound I remember:
    AATTTAAACKKK!
    Humaniod Scuz-Sucker!
    EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    DIE SNOT-HEAD!

Upon Chunkage: Aghh...

I need to find a way to get Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting into the first game, and unlease it in the Xvart Town.

17. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Kobold Commandos get my vote!

I hate that Firewine Ruin! Im going to be very much better prepared the next time I go there!

18. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

They all deserve death but Dryads\sirens should be strung up for a while first...

19. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Wow, Xvarts have 15 out of 30 so far. I have to admit they did come in second for me with that dang EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE of theirs, but at least they can be quickly silenced. (EE aghhh! :evil: )

But the sirens will continue their humming after they die, provided you kill them in the middle of one of their humming sequences. (They stop when they would be supposed to if they were still alive, so it's not one of those sound bugs I've heard about.) C'mon, you're dead! Stop humming already! :mad:

20. Biffle Chump Gems: 5/31

Perhaps it is just air escaping through the neat arrow holes in their tracheas? Or perhaps they have come to haunt you from beyond the grave!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.