1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Who Has Tattoos?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by revmaf, Apr 3, 2007.

1. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

[​IMG] I browsed through an earlier discussion on this topic and it made me wonder: who among us has tattoos, and how do you feel about having them?

So take the poll, please, and if you feel so inclined, post a few sentences about the experience - of having, of not having but wanting, of having but not wanting, of not having and not wanting, etc.

If you have a tattoo, what and where is the design? What made you pick that design? How do others react to it? Now that you have it, do you like having it?

Thanks, this is purely idle curiosity of a geezer seeing more and more of them on more and more people. The social message of the tattoo seems to me to be clearly changing.

[ April 03, 2007, 15:56: Message edited by: revmaf ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 49 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Who Has Tattoos? (49 votes.)

Who Has Tattoos? (Choose 1)
    * I have no tattoos and don't intend to get any. - 59% (29)
    * I have no tattoos but intend to get at least one. - 18% (9)
    * I have at least one tattoo and intend to keep all I have. - 20% (10)
    * I have at least one tattoo and want to get rid of one or more. - 2% (1)
    * I have an involuntary tattoo, due to radiation treatment or other circumstance where I was required to receive a tattoo. - 0% (0)

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I don't have any tattoos and don't intend on getting any - though I've heard the Polynesian method is less painful.

OTOH, I have a weird triangle on my forehead from an MRI...

3. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

MRIs can give you permanent marks? Ick, I've got a couple of them looming in my future, to take another look at the rocks in my head and all.

4. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I don't have any and I don't have any intention of getting any. I am pretty sure that the novelty of any tattoo design would quickly wear off and within a few months I would be wishing that I didn't have to look at it anymore.

5. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

I'm tempted by several ideas of 'body art', but I'll probably never get one due to

a) having a desire to have fewer things in my 'distinguishing features' section of any APB ;) , and

2) I doubt I could sit still long enough to have even a small tattoo completed - not concerned about the pain, but I get bored and fidgety as doctors and dentists can attest. :heh:

EDIT:Oh, and I've seen kuemper's 'MRI mark' - it resembles a very faint sunburn or birthmark just off-center on her forehead; kind of a wedge or trapezoid shape that's clearer on the bottom, but fades into the 'regular' skin tone towards the top. I never met her before the MRI happened, so I cannot say for certain but I'm inclined to believe her.

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I have drawings for that Reaper tattoo my friend has, and I am meeting an acquaintance of my piercer this week, and I'll get an estimate of how much it would cost, and it will all hang from financial matters from then...

I'm more of a piercing guy. (hint hint)

7. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I have a nautical star on my left forearm. I've had it since I was 19, I'm 25 now. No regets nothing like that. I do intend to get more someday.

8. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I don't have any tattoos and don't intend to get any. I even have a stack of temporary tattoos that I've somehow collected over the years that I never touch unless I'm *really* bored. That, however, rarely happens and I doubt I ever will.
    My friend got a 'tattoo' in year 4 because the teacher accidentally scribbled on her arm angrily and so the lead broke off and lodged under her skin (don't ask -I wasn't there). =/ I don't know why the mark is still there though..

9. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    When I was somewhat interested I never found a tattoo that I could identify with. Also, at that time I wasn't happy with my body so much. Now I no longer really want one. The tattoos everybody has suck.

Except of course, I shape up some more and surprise myself with getting me a chinese dragon on my back :shake:

10. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Tattoo's are a little too 'permanent' for my liking (or at least, expensive to remove). I quite like some though. If I had one, it would have to be somewhere like my upper back, so I couldn't see it. Otherwise I'd get fed up of it.

11. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I have no tattoos and don't intend to get any. Really I don't see the point and I can't find an image that would suit me.

12. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

No, and I no longer intend to get any.
    I did consider a baby devil imp type thing on my left wrist (based on the description of the Devils marketing agents in Piers Anthony Incarnations of immortality series) but never found any suitable artwork.

13. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    No and No. I really can't see myself with a tattoos.

14. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I don't have any, but I could see myself getting one, just not right now. It would be have to be something cool, like the sign of Torment.

15. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Yeah but remember Bahir, a tatoo is permanent . Maybe you like something at your age but what about in 20 years? In 30 years? Will you still like it? And we all know that in the most ''advanced'' ages skin is well, ''less flexible'' so a tatoo might just ends up being a total disaster.

16. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I wanted to get a number 13 or the symbol of the Brotherhood of Steel (the one with the sword and gears) at one point... But that was years ago when Fallout 2 had just been released and I was a kid.
    If I ever have one -and it is highly unlikely- it would be unconspicuous and black.

17. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I have five, and they are all big and colorful. I enjoy being a tattood man. On women, different story---small and well-placed is the key.

18. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

I have a unicorn on my left arm, I did it almost ten years ago.

19. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I don't have any, though I enjoyed the 'temporary' tatoos in my childhood, they were fun! But having a permanent figure on me kinda scares me..oh and the needles! Yikes. I can not even get to pierce my ear!

20. War Nerve

War Nerve And it took me back to something that I'd lost

Some tats are fine. Though it always makes me wonder - How is that 19 year-old college freshman going to explain to her grandchildren why she got "Juicy" permenantly etched on her lower back?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.