1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Who do you THINK will win the presidential election?

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by Kovalis Darkfire, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I think(and hope) that Bush will win the election! How about you?

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 31 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Who do you THINK will win the presidential election? (31 votes.)

Who do you THINK will win the presidential election? (Choose 1)
    * I think Bush will win. - 48% (15)
    * I think Kerry will win. - 42% (13)
    * Not a clue; don't care/just want to see results. - 10% (3)

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Given the very heated debates that have taken place on this topic and the fact that the polls still have this as a neck and neck race, are there any Americans here who don't care either way who wins? Most of you seem to be very firmly in one camp or the other.

3. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Much as I hate it, I think Bush will win. America will certainly benefit from him at the helm, at the expense of everyone else in the world.

4. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

I have to say that I thnk Kerry is going to win, sadly. It looks like America's going to be looking out for everyone else rather than itself, now. I'm not sure whether this is good or bad, though... it's odd that I don't see many other countries doing it.

5. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Doesnt really matter who wins. . as whoever does win, half of america will still mistrust and dislike that person.

6. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I THINK Bush will win.

I HOPE Kerry wins though.

7. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Bah - I wrote-in and voted for Conan the Barbarian.

8. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    i think bush will win, because he lost last time and still won, whats to stop him cheating this time?

9. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well, I hope Kerry wins. A change might make Blair stop sucking up to the US so much, you never know!

But really, I think I should be President of the U.S.A.. First of all, I'll make it illegal for them to call Football 'Soccer'. Then I shall change the name of 'American Football', and call it 'The Pussies Version of Rugby'.

Watch this space Guys, theres plenty more of my plans to come!

10. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    oh tell me about it, they name a sport where the ball barely touches the foot 'football' and then call a game where the ball can only be touched with the foot bar 1 player from each team something else what is with that??? not to mention football has been around longer than american football.

ho and guys, do us a favour, take off the armour, have some pride is it?

11. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Ok, you're killing it now Shoshino :lol: .

12. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

That's it, the Member Formally Known As Morsmodre is now on my votingcard. ;)

13. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Barmy, you'd better hurry up with your campaign - the race for 2008 starts tomorrow! :p

14. Uncle Spanky Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The guy with the most electoral votes will win.

15. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Arnie can't be president; he was born in Austria.

"Soccer" is girl sport, like field hockey or volleyball. Hence Kerry had to downplay the fact that he played soccer for Yale. Most Americans think it's far more masculine to even be a male cheerleader for a football team, like Dubya was, than it is to play soccer.

16. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Well Bush will prob win, because Osamah awesomely told he wanted Kerry to win, and then every nobrainer just thought that it was patriotic to vote Bush, and nobody came with the question 'If Osamah wanted Kerry to win, would he just say that on tape?'

BTW, oh yes soccer is so girly so girly compared to cladding yourself in complete armour because you might, might, might bruise a toe

17. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

That Osama tape might have given Bush that final little push he needed to win, although Kerry's still quite likely to win.

18. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Two words: David Beckham.

Actually, american football is rediculously stupid to play, if you're taking health into consideration. The life expectancy of former professional football players is really short, one reads every year of high-school athletes dying or becoming quadraplegics, while a really large percentage of them end up with back or knee problems by middle-age. Like alot of kids in the US, I wasn't allowed by my parents to play organized football (I played backyard football all the time), tho I was allowed to wrestle and play soccer. Good thing too, I would have been creamed. So I'd agree if you said football was stupid in terms of being overly violent.

What does this have to do with the US election again?

19. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I think Bush will win and prove my theory that people are stupid, but I'm hoping to be proven wrong (at least, by ONE bloody country!).

And now, for something completely :yot: ...

For those involved in the debate over soccer vs. rugby vs. grid iron, well... if you want the best of all three, plus people getting off the ground, watch Aussie Rules football. By comparison, here's the greatest football code on Earth vs. the other three:

Soccer: Ah, the world game - and I like it. Similarly tactical, but boring as hell. Plus you could give out Academy Awards for some of the acting. On average, you get four spectacular goals per month of Premier League action. You get at least that many every week in the AFL, if not in any given match, and nothing in soccer compares to the majesty of the 'speccy or screamer (a mark taken in open play over the top of another player - often quite literally on their shoulders; click here or here to see what I'm talking about). Plus the players are stupidly overpaid and heaps of them are on coke.

Rugby: Grrr - Hulk SMASH! A true meathead's game, and I say that in the nicest way. There is nothing aesthetically pleasing about this game at all, and it's turning into Aussie Rules by stealth. Don't believe me? Two words: Johnny. Wilkinson.

Grid Iron: I respect the physicality of grid iron (since I have a neck injury from having played it all of three times). The armour doesn't make you weak; it keeps you alive and allows for the intensity and violence that most fans love. However, it's too stop-start and full of showboating tools. Plus, we send retired AFL players to be kickers in the NFL, who actually turn out to be decent players (anyone else remember Darren Bennett's vicious punt-return tackles?) in that role.

20. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    To tell you the truth football players are just as broken as american football players. Every dude I knew who was decent at football and was a bit serious about is more or less a cripple nowadays.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.