1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: What kind of girls do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kelvon Shadowmane, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] What kind of girls do you SP maniacs prefer? If you prefer any...

[ March 16, 2005, 18:39: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 5 question(s). 93 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: What girls do you prefer? (93 votes.)

Good looking or intelligent? (Choose 1)
    * Good looking! - 6% (6)
    * A bit of both. - 77% (72)
    * Deffinetly intelligent. - 16% (15)

Tall or short? (Choose 1)
    * As tall as possible! - 13% (12)
    * Mid-sized - 55% (51)
    * Kind of short... - 32% (30)

Long haired or short haired? (Choose 1)
    * As long as possible! - 39% (36)
    * Hair length needs balance. - 58% (54)
    * As short as possible! - 3% (3)

Shy or wild? (Choose 1)
    * Shy... - 16% (15)
    * Keep the balance. - 69% (64)
    * Go wild, baby! - 15% (14)

Authoritarian or nonauthoritarian? (Choose 1)
    * Authoritarian sound ok. - 6% (6)
    * Ballance is essence - 63% (59)
    * Nonauthoritarian. I shall be the ruller! - 8% (7)
    * This question sucks! - 23% (21)

2. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

It depends really but everything would have to be in balance for me to consider anything more serious with the girl. Intelligence is important since I enjoy conversations about philosophy and politics and would like to discuss them with her too. Looks also matters for rather obvious reasons.

Lenght is not that big of a deal but I prefer women who are about the same height as I, perhaps a little shorter (not too much though).

I have bad expiriences from party animals so I try to avoid them in the future. On the other hand I'd hate her to be to shy. It's very important that she is social and able to stand up for herself.

Authoritarian girls tend to be a pain irl and I'd avoid them at all costs. A girl has to be able to stand up for herself though (as I said before) even against me if it clearly goes against her will.

Oh yes the hair. Middle ground on there too. Allthough too long is allways better than too short.

3. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I went the true neutral path...

4. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I feel your neutrlity. In the end, it is the best path...

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Not really into girls... I prefer women.

6. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

1. Good looking, I'm shallow so sue me.

2. Short, I'm short, so I'd prefer a girl my size or even smaller.

3. Doesn't really matter, whatever looks the best I suppose.

4. Wild, for sure, she needs to keep up to me.

5. That question sucks.

7. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I don't care as long as they look good.

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    1. Smart and good looking. But a heart of gold is more important. As for smart, there is more to it than just the IQ. I like thoughtful, pensive types. There is more to good looks than just good looks. Elegance and refinement is what draws me.

2. Long. But I'm 195 cm (6'5'') tall myself. Slim. Pointy ears wouldn't hurt. ;)

3. I normally prefer long, but sometimes short looks good and balanced tends to look good at any rate. Perhaps I should even have selected balanced. It needs to be a female haircut, if it's going to be short.

4. Balanced. Need to have some charisma, need to have some inner world... these two aren't disconnected. A wild spirit and a civilised mind. Both nature and nurture.

5. Balanced. What is important here is I need to feel taken seriously as much as I take the girl seriously. Keeping promises, answering calls etc is a good idea. I believe in a relationship there should be no superiors and no subordinates. Friendship is important.

[ March 14, 2005, 23:10: Message edited by: chevalier ]

9. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I could live with a stupid head as long as it is a very, very beautiful stupid head with a talented mouth. :D

Usually, medium-build, long-hair, and a straight-forward, wildy attitude are promising signs. Red-heads, prolly, as long as they don't try to play dominatrix. Anyway, hardly matters; there is probably infinite mix of everything and every one of them can be good-looking in its own way.

10. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

[​IMG] What fun. To insinuate that we blokes are the active part when it comes to partner selection. In truth its all in the hands of the women to allow us to "prefer" one of them, no matter what we want. :cool: They make or break the deal.

Or at least that is so with women worth desiring. ;)

11. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I never really used to care to be honest. A shag was a shag basically (and they came few and far between, so I made the most of it!).

But when you find someone special you know about it and sex and looks don 't hold quit as much importance.

12. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Sooo I was bored...

1. bit of both, naturaly, but a tilt towards intelligence over looks...

2. For some reason, I like the short ones...

3. Long-haired, because hair is very nice...Fifth here as to why

4. Shy - definitely shy - again, fifth

5. nonauthoritarian - Again, fifth...

13. Fara Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

1. Looks/Intelligence?: A bit of both
    2. Tall/Short?: As tall as possible!
    3. Long/Short hair?: As long as possible!
    4. Shy/Wild?: Keep the balance.
    5. (Non)Authoritarian?: Balance is essence.

Now to explain my answers, and compare them with my ex-girlfriend.
    1. I'm generally considered to be very attractive (at least by those who don't consider me freakishly tall) and I have above-average intelligence, and I'd want my girlfriend to have the same attributes. My last one had the intelligence, but she was almost 20 centimetres shorter than me.
    2. I'm 1.98 metres tall (almost exactly 6-and-a-half feet), so having a girlfriend of average height wouldn't really work well for me. See above for my previous girlfriend's height.
    3. Longer hair would be better because I think it looks prettier. That's why mine goes down to my knees. My girlfriend had "average" hair, down just slightly past the lower edges of her shoulder blades.
    4. Balance would be essential because if she were too wild, I wouldn't be able to keep up with her; but if she were too shy, but too shy and she becomes boring. My girlfriend fit this, at least, perfectly.
    5. I don't want someone who's particularly domineering, but I don't want a slave, either. Nice, simple balance. My girlfriend was slightly on the domineering side of the line, but not much.

14. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

chev said exactly what I like in a woman, and the exact same reasoning for the answers. :thumb:

15. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Some of these things really need to be defined. What one person may consider "tall" or "long-haired", others don't. I'll try to answer the questions anyway though.

1. Looks/Intelligence? Both are absolute necessities.
    2. Tall/Short? I prefer short. Somewhere between 5 and 5'3" or so is best.
    3. Long/Short hair? About shoulder-length.
    4. Shy/Wild? Absolutely must not be a wild one, but she doesn't have to be incredibly shy. I'm going to say shy for this one since I'd prefer that end than a balance.
    5. (Non)Authoritarian? Prefer non-. That doesn't mean that I don't like self-confidence though.

16. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I have found that the older I get, the less important things like looks have become. It's very corny, but ultimately, I have realised that personality is everything. You have to spend such a huge part of your life with someone that you want them to be the sort of person who is going to be compatible with your life and isn't going to be an absolute pain to be around. They have to be the sort of person who is going to make you smile when you're down and whom you look forward to going home to each day. They have to be the sort of person you want to have raise your kids. They have to be the sort of person you could imagine sitting in your rocking chair on the deck with.

17. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I can't stand dumb people, or for that matter incredibly ugly people, so I went for balance for the first qestion. They've got to be shorter than me, it's creepy when they're taller. I guess long hair. I'd say shy, because there are so many wild girls around here, and they are all as dumb as they come, plus I myself am pretty shy. As for the last question, I chose balance once more.

18. Fiatil Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I'm going to have to join the "Chev has great taste in women" club, because my preferences are much the same, for much the same reasons.

19. Steeze Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

1. bit o' both
    2. shorter(girl a the moment is shorter than me and i like it, not sure why)
    3. mid length
    4. balanced
    5. authoritarian is ok(didn't really understand)

20. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

1: I want a bit of both. I need to be attracted to them, but I need to be able to talk to them too.

2: Height is a major turn on for me...

3: Mid length hair. I like some hair, but I don't want it to be a dominant thing...

4: Again a balance. I want them to speak their mind, but I also want to know that I can trust them. I like to socialize but I'm not the party animal type anymore...

5: I've seen a friend in a horrible relationship with a bit--er, woman that was really authoritarian, and I would be miserable. At the same time, I also want one that won't let me get away with neglecting her or a major mistake that will screw us both up.

Does that help answer any questions?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.