1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: What is your alignment (in real life!)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kelvon Shadowmane, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] How do you procede in real life? Similar to the way you do in games or totaly different? Do you try to impose a certain alignment upon yourself? Do you think that a certain alignment is "the best one"? Do you even care about the way you procede in real life? Do you even have a real life?

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 66 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: What is your alignment (in real life!) (66 votes.)

What is your alignment (IN REAL LIFE!) (Choose 1)
    * Lawfull Good - 12% (8)
    * Neutral Good - 26% (17)
    * Chaotic Good - 27% (18)
    * Lawfull Neutral - 3% (2)
    * True Neutral - 12% (8)
    * Chaotic Neutral - 14% (9)
    * Lawfull Evil - 3% (2)
    * Neutral Evil - 3% (2)
    * Chaotic Evil - 0% (0)

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

This poll is an example of one of "the signs that you have spent far too long gaming" :shake:

3. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Haven't we already had one of these? Anyway, chaotic neutral it is.

4. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

You spelt 'lawful' wrong. :p

Lawful Good it is for me.

5. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Chaotic Neutral because I vary a lot in what I do, but nothing evil, moreso random.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

chaotic good for me. i dont like or have much use for rules and laws but i follow if i have to and i think that im, despite all the messed up cr*p i do, a good person ;) besides, Elminster always messes up but its his good intentions that count hehe ;)

7. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    It might have been a little easier to answer if the choices were worded a different way. For instance "very kind to animals, children, and nice people but mean to idiot's and mouthy jerks" I suppose my allignment is Chaotic Neutral.

8. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I'm certainly Lawful Evil.

EDIT: followning Jaguar's link, I seem to be more Neutral Evil.

[ August 30, 2004, 16:17: Message edited by: Xei Win Toh ]

9. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Well, I went along with what was written here and pegged myself as Chaotic Good.

10. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I'd say Neutral, leaning towards good.
    I say that because, like the description says in Jaguar's link, I'm Undecided.

Some things from each of the alignments suit me, while others go against..me.
    That is like me, or atleast what I try to be, but the other part of the LG description I hate.
    The NG one suits me pretty well, hence the reason I said that I was leaning towards that alignment.
    Once again, how I see myself. Yet it gets worse..
    That is certainly not me in anyway. There is pleanty of use for laws and regulations, but they shouldn't be followed when they are wrong and do not lead to your gain (or others).

LN is probably right out, as that does not sound like me much.

TN seems similar to me in many ways, but once again, there are some things in it which make me thing "Hmm, that just isn't me".
    That's me, for sure. I like to act my own way, whether it be good or evil, lawful or neutral. I will ususally act without thinking if it's good or bad, follows the laws or breaks them.

CN is like most of them, some parts are me, some parts aren't.
    That's me for sure, but is very similar to TN. Although the parts which talk about not trying to upholding others’ freedom and avoiding authority are not like me at all.
    Although, saying that the line "He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it," sounds very very like me (but then I guess most people would be like that, who would want to just jump off a bridge?)

Evil, like LN is not me. I certainly would not consider my self evil, which is why I said at the begining I lean slightly towards the good side of things.

In the end, after looking through all that, I'd say the same thing - True Neutral, leaning more towards good than evil. But then of course, the alignment system I've always thought is the worst part of D&D, as it can no way be related to a real person (as I've shown with myself), so therefore disregard everything I have written above :p

And yes, I do have too much time on my hands at the moment...

11. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

In the thing which some may consider my real life I'm usually Chaotic Good but still stray from that path on occasion to God-alone-knows-where.

12. Serpent Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Usually true neutral, however I have some lawful evil moments too.

13. Jolt Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Chaotic good for me :)

14. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    LG or NG. Can't decide...

15. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I'm not one alignment, as it varies to what the subject I'm dealing with is. I've shown qualities of Lawful Good and Neutral Good, but at the same time Lawful Neutral, Lawful Evil and Neutral Evil.

Guess I can say I'm not chaotic :p

16. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

If everybody obeys the law society prospers far greater than in a different situation. Such is my belief and that is why I am Lawful Good. I can't remeber if I have ever broken a law and I dobut I have.

Don't forget people, lawful good doesn't mean you're a paladin or live such a regulated life. It just means you obey the law - not out of fear - and look out for your fellow human being.

17. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Actually, lawful means more than obeying the law.

For example, one could break the law, but turn himself in and accept punishment. That'd still be lawful.

Lawful also means that a person adhers to a personal code. By no means does Lawful restrict someone to solely having to obey the law. There's more facets to it.

And MoN, I'd have figured you to be of the CS alignment.

Chaotic Stupid :lol: :p

18. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Is this like chev test on his web site?
    Anyway, I guess I'm chaotic good, also I never understand this too much.

19. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Me? Chaotic neutral, the alingment of lunatics and mdmen. I would have said chaotric evil, but then again, i have yet to go on a rampage of any kind... I just plot insiduously.

*sigh*

Hmm... then again, I just might be chaotic evil and smart enough to not to show it until I can get away scot.-free?

World domination, here I come.... :p

20. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Sydax: Yes, it's a bit like that. That test of mine hasn't been updated or bugfixed for some time, so I don't advise taking it. That's because I'm working on a new design for my site and the test will be re-written in a different programming language. The questions may change and I'll probably work on balancing the grading system as well, which means your final results might differ from what you would get now.

Well, but on to my alignment.

You see... the problem is, we don't really share the same set of absolute criteria for Good/Neutral/Evil or Lawful/Neutral/Chaotic and core books don't exhaust the matter (which is good). It depends on the point of view for a good part.

On the first axis, I have lots of annoying Lawful streaks. If we considered the classic Logos-Chaos dichotomy, I would definitely be on the Logos side. However, I don't like the idea of Order for Order's sake, much less law for law's sake. Balance between regulating things and preserving the natural course of events is a good thing, but again, I see balance as a kind of order and order as a kind of balance, so to say. Disturb the balance and you have chaos. Overdo regulating and here comes tyranny, which leads to chaos. My room may be messy and my plans may rely on improvising, and I may be reluctant to accept authority, prefer to do things my own way etc etc but chaos bothers me. In so far as chaos is wrong, establishing and keeping a level of balance between it and law makes no point - it still being reasonable to avoid overregulation and to abstain from disturbing the natural course of events if there's no need otherwise. Guess this makes me Lawful, although people could say Chaotic or Neutral depending on how they see things.

On the second axis, I wouldn't be on the Evil end. I'm not a saint, but not really an evil man, either. So much as I believe Good is the way, I'm aware it's easier said than done. Moralising doesn't make you good and helping people when they ask you, even if you want nothing in return, doesn't really make you holy if it doesn't involve any danger or any great sacrifice. After all, I'm not doing any voluntary social work right now, am I? I haven't committed my life to feeding the hungry or treating the sick. I'm not saving the world. When I'm doing the right thing, it isn't what people consider good: it is what I consider right in a given situation; that's why sometimes people will say that I am not doing good, or even that I'm doing evil. However, I don't believe in any sort of balance between Good and Evil, not even under law. The Good way is the right way, no matter what people or laws say or how inconvenient it is. Guess it makes Neutral a not-so-reasonable option for me, and as Evil doesn't apply, Good would be it. Especially if we consider Good alignment in the sense of aligning with the forces and the philosophy of Good.

I would say Lawful Good, but on what I've said one could build any conclusion from CN, through TN, LN, CG, NG to LG.

[ August 30, 2004, 16:30: Message edited by: chevalier ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.