1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: What is worst in life: four way suckfest poll

Discussion in 'Playground' started by lizardpudding, Jun 27, 2006.

1. lizardpudding Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Among these four rpgs, which was the worst?

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 27 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: What is worst in life: four way suckfest poll (27 votes.)

What is worst in life : four way suckfest poll (Choose 1)
    * Temple Of Elemental Evil - 33% (9)
    * Icewind Dale 2 - 7% (2)
    * Neverwinter Nights - 22% (6)
    * Lionheart : Legacy of the crusader - 37% (10)

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Haven't played any of them and don't intend to. :p

3. Greystar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I didn't know that Icewind Dale 2 suck.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I've only played two of them and neither of them sucked so I can't really respond.

5. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Temple of Elemental Evil. I am getting the Icewind Dale collection soon, so I am hoping ID2 isn't crap.

6. lizardpudding Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

@felinoid: are you serious? if so, why?
    @cuchulainn: I really liked iwd2 (except for the lousy ending) but a lot of people i know hated it

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

There are far, far worse RPGs than those...

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

IWD2 didn't suck. I hated NWN, so I voted for that. I didn't play ToEE long enough to count it as something I've "played" and I've never played Lionheart. I'm with Aik though. There are far worse.

9. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I have hope for IwD2!

I don't hate NWNn (the feats are cool), but it is a very shallow game compared to BG series.

10. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Temple of Elemental Evil since I believe you're not refering to the origional. Lionheart was shallow and turned into a slaugherfest late in the game with way overpowered enemies, yet at least it didn't destroy your computer when you try to uninstall it.

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I can answer that: Fel is a 2e 'purist'. None of the 4 games are followers of 2e rules.

I picked Lioheart because I haven't played and I liked the others.

12. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

IWD2 was okay not a patch on the BG series though, i havent played the other 2 but i got Neverwinter Nights and thought it sucked so i voted that.

13. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    IWD2 bored me to tears.

NWN comes with awesome modules.

Don't know ToEE so well because I never got far, the gameplay was awkward.

Never played Lionheart.

The suckiest game therefor is: IWD2

14. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I've not played Lionheart, so for me the answer was easy: NWN.

I loved ToEE, but that may be because I had the official patch and the Co8 patch, which made the gameplay mostly bug-free. The game was too short for my liking, but the combat system was awesome.

IWD2 was alright - on balance I think I like it more than the first game (definitely better than IWD1 without the expansions). The story was as lame as it gets, and the sections of the game don't flow very well, but the sections themselves were very good for the most part (the Fell Wood and Dragon's Eye level 3 being the exceptions)

@lizardpudding: I think I can substitute for Fel and answer your question, at least as far as ToEE, NWN and IWD2 are concerned: because they're all 3E :D

15. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

:grin: Well, in addition to that admittedly strong reason, there are a number of things I've heard about them that I don't like.

IWD2: Like IWD1 but worse. I've already got 1, I don't need the sequel.
    NWN: One companion? Who you can't even control! :rolleyes: Sorry, but either I'm going solo or I want companions I can control. Preferably at least 3. :p
    ToEE: Where's my bugspray? ('Nuff said.)
    Lionheart: All I've heard about this game is complaints. And Lionheart was really a chicken anyway. ;)

16. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

I've only played two of them (NWN + IWD), and while the NWN OC bored me heinously, I loved SoU. IWD II has some very nice touches, even if the neverending string of battles is a bit of a slog. Of the other two, I have no idea about Lionheart, but I believe ToEE to be turn-based and thus composed of the purest evil, by default. :p

17. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I've only played NWN (OC in both NWN and SOU) and IWD2 and I didn't think any of them "sucked." They aren't as good as PST or BG-series, but there are worse games out there.

18. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I actually liked the ending of IWD 2 because it didn't take itself seriously and honestly, what's more evil then trying to destory the ten town because some priest played a joke on you with blessed foodstuff? It takes a truly depraved individual to be willing to kill so many people over blistering skin and slighted pride.

The fact you create all playable characters does leave for some dull moments as there's no banter or intergection, but that's the price you pay for complete customization. As for the pure NPCs I didn't notice much difference in quality between BG2 and IWD2, only that BG2 had a lot more of them (but then again there are more people in North Dakota then in the Icewind Dale).

Also the game is more linear by necessity, you can't react to events as a payed mercenary by going off and doing whatever you like. BG2 was about Player Character, while IWD2 was about the forces acting around you.

19. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I'd say Lionheart because the other 3 are D&D and aren't supposed to be in this section. :grin:

20. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I didn't pick any of them, since none of them sucked in my opinion, I've played a lot worse games than those. If you hold them up against the BG saga and IWD saga they are bound to pale in comparison, but that doesn't mean they suck.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.