1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: What character class are you planning to play in NWN?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Silverblade, Dec 17, 2001.

1. Silverblade Guest

Just like the title says: What character class are you planning to play in Neverwinter
    Nights?

I am planning to play with my favorite class, the warior of the wildernes, the Ranger.

EDIT: He will probably be neutral good and elf.

[This message has been edited by Silverblade (edited December 18, 2001).]

2. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

A halfling rouge called Tasohan ;)

3. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] As always, I will play a chaotic good dwarven cleric.

4. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The ones I'm planning now are dwarven ranger, gnomish rogue/illusionist and dwarven somethingelse (haven't decided yet ;)).

5. Relic Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I will play, firstly, a human rogue, and if he gets killed, then a human ranger.

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    A sorcerer for starters, obviously. ;)

7. Christian Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'll play a mc f/m elf :)

8. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I've got more characters dreamed up that I'm not using right now than I know what to do with. Ah the joy of 3rd edition. No longer will I be stuck with set MC/DC combos. Now if only they will include an addon with my favorite pretige classes:D

But for starters, of course, I will try to play my favorite fighter/wizard Xalen, if I can't take the spellsword pretige class :grumble:

9. gollum Banned

I am going to play as a human Ranger.

10. Magnus Magicus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I will be a CG Human Sorcerer.

In the horrible case that he should die, I'll play a Paladin/Bard, who will sing to the enemy in shining armor.

11. Khazar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Ahh my favourite question...
    As i've sed to so many people I shall be Khazar the True Neutral, half-elven, Fighter/Mage/Theif

And Dramli Stoutaxe the True Neutral, Dwarven, Fighter

12. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

As what is usual for me, I'll be using a multi-classed half-elven Fighter/Mage.

If (and I say IF) he dies, I'll be looking forward to a Half-Orc Paladin/Thief. Talk about class-conflicts, eh? :grin:

13. Asmodeus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I will pick up my character thas has been rushing around in BG I, BG II and IWD. Asmodeus, the bringer of light, a chaotic good fighter/mage. And if he gets killed, well, a nymphomaniacal female dwarven trollslayer with beard and crest. :)

14. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Thomas the Bard, spreader of news and rumours. Some of them might even be true! ;)

15. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

Definately Half-elven rogue/sorcerer. IMO the greatest class ever! Very versatile, and many things from the other class come in handy for the first one. I will probably start as a rogue to get more skills.

16. Khazar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Errr Rythm are you sure NWN will allow a Paldin cross class I thought it was just the conventional Classes like in BG1,totsc,2,tob and the like however it does sound quite interesting if you could do it.

[Yes it will, since 3e rules allow it. Btw, do use punctuation marks in your sentences. This isn't a stream of consciousness board.] -Tal

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited December 22, 2001).]

Yes thanks Taluntain just realised that I thought it was using the same multiclassing rules as BG. Sorry about the punctuation.
    Any news on the RELEASE or Beta, btw did you happen to see the Everquest horses? I was wondering If the could do the same for NWN.

[This message has been edited by Khazar (edited December 22, 2001).]

17. Tasohan Gems: 10/31

Is it possible to start as a rouge and then change class to sorcerer?

I mean you are born as a sorcerer. It's not just something you can be if you want. :confused:

18. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31

I think that you can change your class later in the game and make your rogue to a sorcerer (these rules are implented in the 3e). And the answer: maybe I will play a chaotic good sorcerer.

19. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    There will be no horses in NWN, period. This has been discussed here recently. Check some other posts.

20. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I am thinking about a CN Elf Mage(maybe even sorcerer)/Thief. An interesting character who was taken as a child when his village was raided, and sold into slavery (as an INFANT). Raised by thieves in a seedy part of the city, he has now outlived his "parents" and is on his own.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.