1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Well, what kind of RP?

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Dalamar Maximus, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

If you voted yes or maybe for the other pole vote which kind of RP would you want?

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 18 user(s) have voted.

Poll Results: Well, what kind of RP? (18 votes.)

Well, what kind of RP? (Choose 1)
    * Future - 11% (2)
    * Faerun - 33% (6)
    * Other World ex: Lealit - 6% (1)
    * Past or Present wars or battles - 17% (3)
    * Other ( if you voted other post your idea) - 33% (6)

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

I voted Faerun, but to be honest, I'd love an adventure on Krynn. Dragonlance is a great setting.

3. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Oh yeah I forgot about Krynn, Ya one about the war of the lance with Huma would be great. Or the war of the souls which is more dark and less battles of valour, just fighting anyway you could for your life.

4. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

I voted for Past or Present wars. I think one in Russia would be great. Google the war of the rats, it is about what I would like to RP.

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I voted Other World but actually any of them might work for me. I'm a SciFi fan so the future would work for me. I have my Marine I'd like to play. I love the Roman Empire period. Historical. I guess just about anything if I can figure out what is going on.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I voted other. I'd like to do something in the Future or scifi (BattleTech, Firefly), DnD worlds are okay or anything from other fantasy books - Dragonlance, Valdemar - and something Historical (Earth in Middle Ages or one of the Empires - Roman, Mongol, etc.). I'm not much for RPing in wars of the past 100 years or so, simply because I know nothing of the military aspects to play properly.

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Other for me; I admit that I would love to play intrigue/actiohn (think The Three Musketeers) in a historically accurate setting...

8. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I'm not too bothered about the setting, as long as I find the RP itself interesting and something I'd enjoy playing in myself.

9. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Actually now I am thinking that I should have picked another one. ARGH! The more you think of one the more you want to do it. I just read a biography about Alexander. I think that would great or even based upon one of Jack Whytes book, about Caius, Publius, Merlyn, Arthur and the such.

10. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I voted other and was tginking if someone knowa enough; Greyhawk, Ravenloft, or something post-apocalypse.

EDIT: Although really the setting doesn't really matter for a new one as long as the Idea is well thought out.

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    One thing I forgot to say, is that I enjoyy RPing character interactions more than combat or other stuff - it's one of the major points when deciding to join a RP or not.

12. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Faerun or another AD+D style setting would be my ideal, though the likes of Warhammer 40k or similar futuristic RP wouldn't be too bad either. Blood for the Blood God! Though to be honestly I have absolutely no idea how the Warhammer/Warhammer 40k RP works rules wise, I'm just familiar with the table top strategy.

13. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I voted other. I like the Dragonlance idea.

14. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hmm - really all I know is what I don't want: no standard fantasy, nothing too action focused, no pirates ( :p ). Hmm, not really feeling like standard space opera either...

If anything I would prefer a darker setting (and no - by that I don't mean vampires :) ). Maybe a 'cyber-something' sort of game, or maybe a dark space opera (think Alastair Reynolds) where things are generally bad and no one's really trying to make it better.

(not saying that future is the only timeframe where that works - pseudohistorical or something would work too)

15. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

We have to get the final vote between Faerun or other. And who will DM the RP. Any volunteers?

16. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    No, we don't :) Some people will want to join one kind and others another kind. Plenty of room for different types of RPing.

And I hope we're not going to lose track of the ones we are already playing.

17. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I think a Dr Who style setting would be cool. Plenty of scope for oddball adventures.

18. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Mayhaps we should wait for a while, until one of the newer ones slows down? A lot of us have 3 or 4 on the go right now.

19. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

maybe then we could just start one for us newcomers in order to not take away from the existing RP threads. We'd just need some venerable DM to lead us in the right direction and all (I assume).

20. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

So... No one likes my idea of the freestyle RP like we do on Gamefaqs?? Anyone visit the "Chronicles of Yore III" thread on the gamefaqs Baldur's Gate board?

:(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.