1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: To change or not to change... (my nick)

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Volsung, Dec 19, 2003.

1. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] As with Mesmero, I wish to change my nick for reasons I wont tell. Only know that they're sentimental.

Anyway, here's the question:

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 33 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: To change or not to change... (my nick) (33 votes.)

What nick do you think I should choose? (Choose 1)
    * Bjorn (I wanted Beorn but there is another member called Beorn) - 15% (5)
    * Rasmadran - 18% (6)
    * Volsung - 24% (8)
    * or remain Alexander the Great? - 42% (14)

2. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Why not Alex_the_brat? :p

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I won't vote. Imagine that one of those nicks is actually your name. Does that name express exactly what you're alike or what you wish to be?
    Choose the nick that describes you more than other ones. Don't take what you get from votes.

4. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Extremist!
    Even if I don't really know you I'm glad you're back and I hope you're OK.

Anyway...
    I have already decided (not very sure though) but I want to know the opinions of the others.

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

No problem, I just told you how did I choose my nick. ;)

6. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Hey, I told the reasons why I changed my name.

I voted that you should stick with Alexander the Great, for it is a pretty good name in my opinion. However, you said that you already decided, which implicates that you probably won't stick with your current name (else you wouldn't have made this poll). I think that Volsung sounds pretty cool, but like Ex said, go with what feels good. You have to walk about with your name, and if you don't really like it, changing it might not have been the best choice.

7. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I say screw it and leave it how it is it's your personality that's more important then your name no one cares if you call yourself **** monkey or something like it (except mods :) )

Edit: Bjorn sounds familier from somewhere but I can't put my finger on it. Anyone else recognize it?

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Like Extremist, I'll not vote. And I'll also tell you not to get one from vote.

The people voting aren't you. Ultimately it's your wellbeing in question, isn't it? So take something that makes you the most comfortable and forget the rest.

Perhaps something of your own, not a name taken after a real person or book/game character would make you feel largely better. Perhaps not. Up to you, I say, but remember how you'll feel with it is the most important thing.

9. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I voted for alexander the great just because I will be confused if you change your name.

Go with whatever fits you, and don't be afraid to change it, it is really not that big of a deal. This is probaly the 20th online nickname that I have had. As an off topic list the major ones I have had in the past are fish, matrix, papercut, fade2black, f2b, fade`. I was almost going to change my name to Gambit, because of my nastey card throwing skills, but decided that would be to lame. :D

Hum, that was kinda rant was it not? To get back on topic I repeat, just go with whatever you feel like.

10. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

You're name should be your identity and what you are known as. When I chose Sniper, It was because I always used to use Sniper rifles in first person Shootem' ups ... I guess its kinda stuck, but everyone that would know of me ... knows me as Sniper if you get my meaning.

So i'd choose a name that would suit you best.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.