1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: The Mazzy Mod

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by 8people, Jul 15, 2004.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I have been working on the Mazzy Romance Mod for quite a while now and finally am over halfway through it (yay!)

So I thought I'd see if anyone would be interested in Downloading it and what people would think.

it's for Dwarves, gnomes and halflings. She does not become a paladin but there is another mini-quest for her. I have tried to follow the original BG2 romance style and keep in line with Mazzys' character, so hopefully I have done so and it will be good.

There is another person who is doing this with me and he is doing the flirts. For those who don't want them they can be disabled by talking to Mazzy and choosing the option to disable them.

The dialogues will be slightly different depending on what you have said to Mazzy before, something which takes effect in the later dialogues mainly. But be sure to be nice or it might end the romance.

If anyone is interested in helping out a bit then it would be useful if someone could spare a couple of minutes to read through some dialogues to see if they are okay. If you are interested PM me, there are two lots of dialogues - 1-5 and 6-10. If you read through one chances are you won't be able to read the other. I'd hate for people to know everything before it's released. :p

any opinions are welcome and please vote and if possible give reasons as well ;)

if you've read this far - thank you as well.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 30 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: The Mazzy Mod (30 votes.)

Will you download the Mazzy Romance when it is released? (Choose 1)
    * Yes - 73% (22)
    * No - 27% (8)

2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Speaking of Mazzy, I have the latest patch, and that stupid ogre outside the Copper Cornet is still buggy as hell. Is there anyway to fix that so that it actually works porperly?

3. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Well you know me Occy. I'm always moaning about the lack of love interests Gnomes get. Just because they dont hug trees and have pointy ears people dont think they have love to give. :sosad: This Romance mod will be just what my lonely Gnome would like. :D

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'll have to see, I had an error with that as well. Thanks for mentioning it. I'll try and see if there is anything we can do about it.

[edit]
    I am NOT your dear!
    |
    V

[ July 16, 2004, 16:15: Message edited by: 8people ]

5. NaeVa Banned

Occy dear!

Of course I'll download this! A Mazzy romance would definitely make me play BGII again.

/me runs for saying "dear."

EDIT: I didn't mean my dear... only that you are one.

>_<

[ July 17, 2004, 14:06: Message edited by: NaeVa ]

6. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I'm not going to download it...

First, I don't like romance mods
    Second, I don't like Mazzy

7. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well, I might be tempted to download it, since I like Mazzy as a char, and it would allow me to play a Dwarf.

8. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Sounds like a great idea. Dwarves and halflings need someone to love. You'd think they just spring out of the ground.

9. Tananda Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

What's that line from Lord of the Rings? Something about dwarf women looking so much like men that people think they "come out of the stone"? LOL
    Anyway, I agree with you...race shouldn't preclude a romance. But are there any new ones for female characters besides Anomen and Solunfein (spelling?)

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hey, this mod actually gives me a reason to let Mazzy join my party...so of course I'll download it! :rolling:

11. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

@Tananda: Kelsey and Chloe both offer romances for female characters.

12. Gwendolyne Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I really like that little girl
    If you need a french translation, I would be pleased to help you

Ah... Where can I download your Mod ?

13. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I like her for her flexibility, though I've never had the chance to keep her for all of SOA -- I've never fixed the bug in her quest, so I can't finish it and she gets mad at me. If I had the skill to download a mod, though, I'd do it -- she'd be more my style to romance anyhow.

14. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] The mod isn't complete yet so cannot be downloaded yet.

I'm also going to find the problems with the scripts today if possible and see what I can do.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.