1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Table Top or Computer?

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Kelvon Shadowmane, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] When I read GabrielNYC's Topic, I decided to post this poll. Of course all the credit goes to GabrielNYC, 'cause it was his ideea.

So, what do you think is cooler? Table Top Games like Dungeons & Dragons or Computer or Console Roal Playing Games like Final Fantasy, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale or Neverwinter Nights?

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 25 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Table Top or Computer? (25 votes.)

Table Top or Computer? (Choose 1)
    * Table Top Games (D&D) - 76% (19)
    * Computer Role Playing Games (NWN) - 24% (6)

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Tabletop (or at least, tabletopish, seeing that I use IRC...).

But, well, minus the D&D :)

3. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Depends on the game you're playing.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Considering most people who visit SP never play tabletop D&D, this poll is somewhat pointless...

5. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

well shucks! maybe it'll atract more players to the game!?

6. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Tabletop has the potential to be the best, if you have a dedicated GM willing to write.
    Even in my old flat we struggled to get the four of us together at the same time though so CRPG's took over.

7. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

That's the problem with our group as well. And we also can't seem to always find an acceptable place to play, where no grandmas will gibber up and down about the fact that they can't sleep, because most of our sessions tend to last more than 10 hours. For me, Table Top remains #1, but CRPGs are a good replacement when grandmas are active... :nono: :bang: :nuts:

[ January 25, 2005, 18:37: Message edited by: Kelvon Shadowmane ]

8. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I don't know really. I like the fact that in tabletop you are only restricted by your imagination (and the laws of phisics) but I also like to see with my own eyes whats going on (my mind's eye just isn't enough). Still I like tabletop a lot. If only our DD (that's Dungeon Dude, instead of DM... don't ask) would finish his own campain.

9. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

I would be the above mentioned DD... thank you Garak (human, fighter, lvl2, neutral good)!

@Tal
    quote: "Considering most people who visit SP never play tabletop D&D, this poll is somewhat pointless... "

Guess you were kind of wrong, Tal...

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Pointless didn't express fully what I meant to say... Statistically inaccurate would have been better. Interesting enough as the result is, most visitors to SP have never played pen & paper D&D (especially on the European side of the world), so how that result came out is anybody's guess, but I can think of several reasons for it...

The poll question is also set so vaguely that it can be understood as ANY tabletop game, not just D&D.

11. Ox Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

the question was ''Table Top Games (D&D)''

doesn't seem vague to me. . .

I miss a good dungeon master in CRPG's-

-that said; the new massive multi-player on line games are a way for more people to interact with each other than was ever possible on table-top, especially when you add in Voice (maybe video too in a couple of years)

I voted for CRPG's evan though they can't come close compared to a good dungeon master . . .

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

If it is intended to only be about D&D vs CRPGs, then the first post was misleading...

And if it was about D&D vs CRPGs, I'd change my vote :p

13. Taluntain

Media:
    Yes, that's what I was talking about.

14. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

@Tal
    quote: "The poll question is also set so vaguely that it can be understood as ANY tabletop game, not just D&D."

I was talking about p&p tabletop in general, D&D is only an example. ;)

@Aikanaro
    quote: "If it is intended to only be about D&D vs CRPGs, then the first post was misleading..."

Again, D&D was only an example :bang:

15. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I like the Table top ( like Aik, it's really IRC), but I have fond memories of CRPG's, so it's sort of equal.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.