1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: So, mirror-image or same side?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by jaded empath, Aug 22, 2007.

1. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

A co-worker came back from lunch with some food in the corner of her mouth. I tried to direct her as to where it was, but we hit the ubiquitous situation of her reaching for the opposite side as to what I thought I was pointing to. :rolleyes:

This made me think - this would make a decent poll over on BoM! :D

So...if someone tells you that you have food (or dirt, or whatever) on your face, how do you want them to indicate where it is?

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 19 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: So, mirror-image or same side? (19 votes.)

So, mirror-image or same side? (Choose 1)
    * Mirror Image (their left side for my right, etc.) - 32% (6)
    * Same side (their right side for my right, etc.) - 21% (4)
    * Either - 16% (3)
    * Just point to the side of MY face! - 32% (6)
    * I'm trying to grow a beard, so enough with the 'dirty face' jokes already!!! - 0% (0)

2. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Eh, just point. By the time you're going to tell me, I'm either going to be embarrassed or not (usually not). Pointing is not going to increase my anxiety, and will eliminate confusion.

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I just point at *their* face. But if it's really funny looking, I won't way anything at all. :evil: :rolling:

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

hehe this is actually a pretty interesting poll. i usually point to the mirror image on my face. (i.e. if on their left, i point to my right)

of course it doesn't matter what you do. the universal rule on things like this will invariably lead to the other person trying to wipe off the wrong side, always.

5. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Same side. That seems to be the one that everyone I do that to goes for first ;)

6. nunsbane

nunsbane

I specify: 'your right' or 'your left' to avoid confusion, of course, even that doesn't work all of the time.

I worked with an attractive female last summer and realized that she was totally not into me when she began asking me to inspect her teeth for debris after lunch - just in case some cute guy might talk to her...oh well.

7. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Oh, that's COLD! I'd have addressed myself as "chopped liver" after that. :heh:

And it's amusing to see that the mirror/same options are split evenly down the middle with the same number of votes! Probably explains why it always ends up confused - there's no consensus on 'which side' one indicates. ;)

8. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

I usually just tell people they have food on there face and the general area. However when people notify me that I have food on my face I cover my entire mouth with my hand and wipe. I usually get it first time.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.