1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Service Pak II

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by ejsmith, Dec 24, 2003.

1. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

1 and 4 are always nice. But I highlighted the two that are most interesting for the future. What do you think?

Will you be installing Service Pack 2 when it comes "out"?

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 11 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Service Pak II (11 votes.)

Service Pak II (Choose 1)
    * Yes, I'll be installing SP2. - 18% (2)
    * No. I'll figure out something else that suits me. - 82% (9)

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    9.) is only going to do the world a favour, since it'll drastically lower the number of vulnerable XP machines used as zombies. Still, it better be switchable on/off for those of us who want to have complete control over our OS.

8.) is too vague to understand from that one line. Can you provide some more details on what exactly that's supposed to mean? XP already has hardware-linked security as far as I know.

3. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

No way, no chance. This technology has been critized heavily; so much that M$ had to change its name in one point (Palladium, IIRC).

What it does: hardware gets unique code, meaning that every machine can be identified simply by using this technology -on Internet, LAN, everywhere. Kiss goodbye to your privacy. :mad: It also means that hardware manufacturers have to implement M$ produced code to their own products.

Next, we will see a camera with a label: "Works only with Microsoft Windows." For me, it's either Win2k or Linux from now on.

4. Register Gems: 29/31

After reading all that stuff I still stands by my opinion in two things:

1. I love my Win98

2. I don't get a crap in computer-talks and therefore the above topic didn't mean squat to me. :D

5. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Virne, hence the reason why most people that know anything about computers go out and get third-party commercial software. It does every important thing advertised there better than anything Microsoft ever released, and doesn't have the problems that OEM software does.

6. Cyrano Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Patches and Hotfixes are always good, but I am not sure if I want them downloading on thier own. I prefer to see what is installed so I know, and canwatch for conflicts, I will let SP2 be out a little while to see how it goes. Have always done that since NT SP5 came out. But normally you end up havng to install, for the next hotfixes to work

7. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Is it free?

8. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

Of course, if you own WinXP.

Microsoft could at least let you choose which components to install... :nolike:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.