1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: RPGs Black Isle should make

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by hooligan_inc, Aug 5, 2000.

1. hooligan_inc Guest

[​IMG] I think the next RPG Black Isle should make is a football hooligan RPG, with leagues spanning England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Experience points would be gained by how much time you spend in the slammer.
    Now where's my +1 smashed beer bottle?

2. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

[​IMG] I think they should make an RPG that takes place in the world of Blade Runner. (An awesome movie.) And I realize that a game called Blade Runner has been made, but that was an adventure game, I want a game where you can choose what path to follow, where you don't have to do something only one way or you fail.

3. hooligan_inc Guest

[​IMG] I've just thought of more ideas for my RPG. Character classes would be Liverpool, Man utd (the stupid soft arses), The firm, etc etc depending which leauge your in. Race would be English, Scottish, Irish or Welsh. Special abilities would be stuff like 'start chant', 'consume lots of booze without getting plastered' and 'shout lots at the ref'. AND, clubs with rivalries like Liverpool/Everton, Blackburn/Preston and Celtic/Rangers would attack each other instantly and go into beserker mode and follow D&D rules accordingly. Locations would be all the major stadiums in England and Scotland and Ireland, but not Wales because it is too small and pointless.

Oh, and Blade Runner IS a wicked film.

4. [​IMG] Is it just me or does anyone else think that soccer is the most boring game in the world? Maybe if the field wasn't so dam big, the players wouldn't get tired from all that running and be able to score more than 1 goal a game.
    I'm sorry Hooligan, you are obviously very passionate about soccer, and it's mean for me to poke fun at it :(

Anyway, I would love to see a "Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy role playing game. :D Douglas Adams is apparently pretty computer-savvy, and I always thought a game based on the series would be great. It has been far too long since the infocom text game...

5. hooligan_inc Guest

[​IMG] Hey, everyone in the entire British Isles is passionate about Football. And I don't mind you poking fun at it. I poke fun at Americain football on a regular basis, just not on this forum.

6. Jarron Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Okay, first my dislaimer. If your easily offended don't read this. Its politically incorrect and will likely piss some people off.

Instead of an RPG they should make a first person shooter. Your the high school nerd and you've had it. You load up your handguns and M-16's and head to school to deal some revenge. Five points for every student, ten per teacher, fifteen for cheerleaders and jocks, and a whopping 30 for the captain of the football team.

7. Wingfoot Guest

i gotta agree w/ Lord B., soccer tends to bore me. i love hockey, but it can get boring do to low scoring as well. At least there is body checking and fighting to make up for the lack of scoring. maybe they should implement fighting into soccer, but i mean between the players and not the fans.

8. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

[​IMG] A game based on Isaac Asimov's Foundation series of books!

9. hooligan_inc Guest

[​IMG] There is fighting in football! Didn't you watch that Man City/Derby County game??!
    Good Christ! And Millwall! Phssheessh! They must be the most violent team out there. There's Vinnie Jones (aka Big Chris in Lock, Stock..), and any Sunday League Pub games are just bloodbaths.
    And football is no way boring. I mean watching it on TV CAN get boring, but on the radio or if your at the game the buzz is amazing. Your with about 75 000 people who are thinking in the same mindset as you. I suppose Americans don't find it that interesting because they don't follow football the REAL way it should be played. The ENGLISH WAY! With fish and chips and curry and beer afterwards.

10. So in other words, the beer and curry go straight to your brain and fool you into thinking your having a good time?

Sounds like American Football!! (substitute nachos with jalapenos for curry)

11. Dark Phoenyx Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

First of all, soccer is a great game, and I've played it in leagues since I was 4 or 5, but never would I even thing of buying a combination sports/RPG game. The two are in no way related or possibly can be related into any sort of game that isn't campy beyond any playing value whatsoever.
    I'd love to see something based on Asimov's Foundation series, but I don't see it happening. The FR and other games can be based on a book world because those book world are more based on the common theme of geography, while Asimov's Foundation books are a solid plot line series with nothing unrealevent to the plot, thus not much outside the written books to work with. I mean, look at the Wheel of Time game. Ilove Robert Jordan's series, but I didn't even consider wasting my time and money on the game, and from the look of how quickly stores took it off the exciting new releases area if not stopped selling it all together, I'm not the only one

12. hooligan_inc Guest

[​IMG] It's not 'soccer' it's FOOTBALL! Damn it!
    Also, the game isn't a sport/RPG it's just an RPG. Hooliganism isn't a sport, it's an art form. At least in England it is.

13. Dark Phoenix,
    As I recall, Raymond Fiest's Krondor books were pretty much the same thing (solid plot line-wise), but they made two games out of them and they were pretty decent.

Er, I'm trying to think of another good game based on a book or series of books, and can't really think of anything. I guess the Krondor games are the odd exception.
    I played a little bit of Wheel of Time and wan't too impressed. Never read the books though.

14. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

You should read them Lord Balduran... they are GREAT, really excellent !
    Although I'm not sure if they'll ever end...
    :D

15. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I like hooligan_inc's idea for an RPG. I think that a humorous RPG would be good. Fortunately we're getting something similar to that in Escape From Monkey Island. Ok, ok so it's not realy an RPG, but it will be cool anyways.

[This message has been edited by Gunthar (edited August 11, 2000).]

16. hooligan_inc Guest

Mike Myers is a Liverpool fan as well, doncha know?

17. Wingfoot Guest

hooligan_inc, i must have missed that match. i see you have one example of a 'football' fight. you probably can come up w/ a few more, and i am sure fights between players could be real interesting, seeing as they dont really wear pads of any sort.

fights happen all the time during hockey games, so it is tough to remember them all....hmmmm, was the best one that hour long bench clearing brawl during a Chicago Blawkhawks game, or the time when Chris Chelios(w/ the Blackhawks @ the time) pounded the sh@# out of one guy, then dragged a referee across the ice to pound the sh@# out of another. he got suspended for a couple of games after that one.

[This message has been edited by Wingfoot (edited August 13, 2000).]

18. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

As a Canadian, I feel that it is my duty to state that Hockey fights are of course the best. Hockey fights are really an integral part of the game whereas in soccer it is merely an interesting aside. :D

19. hooligan_inc Guest

Hands up who's seen that Man city/Derby county game? No-one? Thought so.

20. hooligan_inc Guest

The vast amounts of fights in hockey is probably why theu wear all that protection. Gunthar, which team is the most violent? Over here in football it's Wimbledon.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.