1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Rate Icewind Dale 2!

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Kovalis Darkfire, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

On a scale of 1 to 10 what would you rate Icewind dale 2 at? The main reason I am starting this poll is simply because I don't have the game yet and I want to see how good It is. Any game would have a hard time following in the gigantic shadow of the Baldur's gate series. So please vote and tell me what you think!

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 49 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Rate Icewind Dale 2! (49 votes.)

Rate Icewind Dale 2! (Choose 1)
    * 1(this game is worthless) - 0% (0)
    * 2 - 0% (0)
    * 3 - 0% (0)
    * 4 - 6% (3)
    * 5(it's ok, but nowhere near as good as bg) - 8% (4)
    * 6 - 16% (8)
    * 7 - 29% (14)
    * 8 - 20% (10)
    * 9 - 10% (5)
    * 10(It is totaly awesome, really cool!) - 4% (2)
    * no opinion - 6% (3)

2. Azael Enteri Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Its a good game.. but it really isnt anywhere near as good or as open as Shadows of Amn. I havent beat the game yet, but it isnt as amusing so to say as Baldurs Gate. Certainly the graphics arent a comparrison either. Though, its an RPG, graphics shouldnt matter that much. It isnt amazing, but i guess its worth the $40 i paid for it..

3. Rekiller Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I really like ICWDII but everybody says that Baldrus Gate II is the best of the best, I have to play that game!!!

4. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The first time through IWD2 was fairly entertaining, but the adventure is so linear that the second time around was completely boring. Overall, I would say that I found the two Baldur's Gate games to be much better. Even the original IWD was better. On the other hand, I would say that IWD2 is better then the official campaign for Neverwinter Nights.

5. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I can't really ever give a game one single number.

Because I will rate a game very, very high if it has an excellent story. I will also rate it very high if it has excellent gameplay.

But I will not give a game a 2 or 3 if it has just one, and not the other. That just gives me (and I think, everyone else) a bad impression.

I'd rate the story a 4. And the gameplay a 7 or 8. You cannot average those, because different people look at different things.

It's worth playing one time, and worth playing several times if you're planning on a multi-player experience with your friends.

6. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I like it. Not as much as IWD1, but if the Icewindgate project allows IWD1 in IWD2 then perhaps it will mean that I play that more than BG2 and TOB!

7. Istari of Thay Banned

I voted 6.

8. Felgash Toradûn Banned

I gave it a 7...
    It's lack of roleplay pushed it down a little...

Power gaming can be fun too though...

9. Rekiller Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I give a 7 too...great game system, spells,races,and clases(d&d 3ed rules) but the history can be better,because is too lineal.

10. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Thanks for giveing your opinions everyone. Now I hate you all for spoiling it.

Just Kidding :D

11. Azael Enteri Gems: 4/31

Suprisingly it got fairly good ratings though.. Hope you enjoy it more than some of us :p

Averages for about a 7...

Has everyone who voted played IWD(+HoW) and BG(+BGII)??

12. Felgash Toradûn Banned

I know I have...

13. Azael Enteri Gems: 4/31

So did anyone actually find better or as good as BGII or IWD?

14. Kuldaharian Gems: 4/31

[​IMG] iwd2 is better than bg series combine....bg is sooo boring...so please don't compare iwd2 to bg games.... :mad: :mad: :mad:

15. Azael Enteri Gems: 4/31

Please explain your reasoning...

16. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Granted, IWD is very good I think. But Baldur's Gate is far from boring!

17. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

First time through the game: 7 out of 10.

Subsequent times: 3 out of 10 because it's the exact same game every time and nothing changes.

18. Azael Enteri Gems: 4/31

Yes, that is why i found Baldur's Gate II to have a lot more playability, you can do a lot more and choose different paths almost everytime you play it.

19. Kuldaharian Gems: 4/31

[​IMG] bg2 is boring because
    :mad: bg2 is a trying hard rpg want to copy japanese rpg plot(story) with d&d rules...
    :mad: bg2 is for only d&d freaks..no versatility for non-d&d players...
    :o you start with level 10-11(im not sure in nos,)so new bg players are not welcome..where are the level molding experience here...
    :o it so long and boring...boring and boring...

20. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

A - i have no knowledge about d&d whatsoever prior to BG2, it is BG2 that gets me involve.
    B - i started playin BG2, realized how good the game is, then go back to play BG1 and expansion, and play the whole thing over again.
    C - i don't look at BG2 as an individual game. The whole Bg, BG1 & exp, BG2 and exp is all together one long game.
    D - long and boring? it is a subjective view, so i wouldn't comment on that.
    C - Copying Japanese plots? Could you elaborate that?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.