1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Paladin Kits

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Khelben, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Guys when i was looking through topics i discovered that everyone talks and argues about paladin paladin kits.
    Most of them are off topic so...
    I think the best is inquisitor though cavalier is also very good.
    I love inquisitor because of true sight as one wise man said Carsomyr is dispeller so no need for it.But True Sight is really BAH-roken.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 38 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Paladin Kits (38 votes.)

Paladin Kits (Choose 1)
    * Paladin,i love single class and i'm a boring guy. :p - 3% (1)
    * Inquisitor.I love them,True Sight ,Dispel Magic... - 29% (11)
    * Undead Hunter,Slash and Dice Undeads,immune to Level Drain... - 34% (13)
    * Cavalier,I'm Cool. - 34% (13)

2. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Undead Hunter all the way! I've got mages and clerics to true see and dispel stuff, not to mention the fact that once I get Carsomyr, all of my dispelling problems are pretty well over. Who uses lay on hands as a serious healing tool if you've got even one priest character? Not to mention all the healing potions you can find throughout the game. Read a scroll of Protection from Undead over an Undead hunter, pop a helm of charm protection on him, and watch him eliminate all of your Undead worries!

3. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I used to think that the immunity to level drain was good, but there are enough items to get over it. I think that the dispel at double level is priceless. There is almost nothing better than it in the whole game. True sight is also such a bummer for mages. Inquisitor all the way. HLA Summon Deva is an inbuilt ability not a spell. So cool...

4. rastilin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Carsomyr's dispel sucks eggs, most of the enemies are higher level than you so mage dispel will do almost nothing when cast except nail you, the only dispel woth a damn is the inquisitors dispel and I would get him for that alone.

5. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Undead Hunter

I like making the Undead... Dead! :D

6. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Is there a big difference between the pure Paladin and the Cavalier except that the second is prevented of using missile weapons...

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I don't know why you made a poll, bucause anyone in the right mind would say that the Undead Hunter is the best!!! :p :p :p

Anyway, besides the imunity to level drain, I also like the extra to hit bonuses to undead. :rolling:

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I have always preferred the cavalier, his immunity to fear and his protection from fear ability are extremely useful. And even when not using the mace of disruption: It's so easy to deal with undead when you have an able cleric .... and a few spells ready.
    Personally I think a Priest of Lathander is way more effective against undead than the undead hunter.

And the cavalier's bonuses against dragons and demons are about as useful as the immunity to level drain, if not superior in reference to ToB.

9. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Hmm, the poll is at 6 even across the board right now.

I voted for cavaliers. I tend to play them, more because I like to roleplay them more than any of the others.

What's the point of taking an inquisitor as a PC? There is already Keldorn.

10. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

After seeing The history of the World's scetch about the Inquisition, I can't take anyone saying Inquisitors are superior serious :p

Cavalier definetely. Not only am I cool ;) They've also got lots of good bonusses.

11. Laches Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Rastor and I've had a long argument about this before, and it was civil even, imagine that.
    http://www.sorcerers.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=005396#000000

I now believe it depends on if it is for soloing or if it is in a party. If solo, I'd probably go cavalier because the added flexibility of a few really important priest skills. If solo, the inquisitor is superior since only the bonuses of the inquisitor can't be duplicated by any other class in the game (for example, there is the priest spell to deal with fear, or the priest spell negative plane protection etc.) One note on the dispell magic ability is that in my experience it will burn through all kinds of things such as stoneskins, P. from Magic Weapons etc. Now, I've been told it isn't supposed to, but it does in my game, maybe it's just buggy.

12. Imrael Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Due to the large number of Undead in the game, vampires, liches, etc... I think the Undead Hunter is the most useful paladin kit.

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Cavallier ;)

Although cavallier is basically a warrior kit available to fighters and paladins (probably rp reasons would suffice to have a range take it).

Undead hunter seems nice although losing the ability to lay hands is a sad occurence.

Inquisitor depends more on roleplaying than just parameter adjustment. In pnp could be awesome, I suppose.

14. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Laches, this time, I'm going to agree with you.

Inquisitor is the best solo kit of all the paladin classes. You've already covered the reasons why.

For best in a party, probably cavalier but undead hunters may be better at lower levels. Why? If all levels get drained, character is dead. I feel that inquisitor is the weakest in party situations because his dispel magic will also remove beneficial spells.

15. the assassin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

CAVALIERS!! they have the dragon slaying, fire resistance, fear immunity, and the lay on hands (just in case) all in one! Forget missile weapons.
    but i can see why people like inquisitors....Carsomyr doesnt do the same job...whatever thats why you have mages, but it is a lot easier since its faster than casting

16. chevalier

Media:
    Well, that depends on your playing style. Myself I prefer leaning heavily towards casting. Paladin PC, ranger PC (either), Jaheira, Aerie, Nalia, Imoen. Cavallier was doing well, although having ranged attacks allowed would enable several possibilities (my IWD2 paladin has bow and arrows listed as favourite :lol: ).

17. jeremiah Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Inquisitor since for most of the game your most major threat are spellcasters. Heck even the most dangerous undead (liches) and the dragons are spellcasters so the inquisitor's bonuses tend to get used more.

18. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Undead hunter is without doubt the most useful, Inquisitor the most powerful. But it all depends on what you like to play.
    I myself, like Cavaliers most, or the regular one :D

19. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Paladin, because I am boring and I suck.

(YAY!! 1100th POST!! )

20. chevalier

Media:
    Several d&d ones could be nice if implemented into the game. I once almost made a few of them - I had everything planned even, but when I launched a poll (not here) only a few people were interested.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.