1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: On a Torment Sequel

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by TheBlackRose, Aug 29, 2002.

1. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Answer whether you would like to see a PS:T sequel following the Nameless One, one in a different environment, or no sequel at all.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 52 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: On a Torment Sequel (52 votes.)

A sequel with Nameless One, without Nameless One, or no sequel at all? (Choose 1)
    * I'd like to see a sequel, following the further journeys of the Nameless One. - 48% (25)
    * I'd like to see a sequel that expanded on the adventures of one of the Nameless One's companions. - 44% (23)
    * I wouldn't like to see a sequel. - 8% (4)

2. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    you know, the president of black isle posted on the BI message boards saying that as he thinks about new projects for the company, one he keeps coming back to is a Torment sequel. Then he said that if it ever does happen, it'll be years before they start it. Sort of a good news/bad news thing.

3. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

They have to do something when they after Lionheart...

[ August 29, 2002, 11:31: Message edited by: Mollusken ]

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Kinda pointless poll when practically the same thing was posted as the front page poll a two weeks ago... Check the poll archives.

5. Walker Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I would kind of like to see an add on to PS:T. New areas, new quests, and new NPCs. Like more travelling around after Ravel.
    :sick:

6. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I think that if ther comes a sequel,but I doubt it, that you must have the chance to play one of tno's companions to learn more about them, in this way they can make 6 more intresting games!

But then I wonder where would Ignus's game be like? Burn!

7. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Tal, remember that alot of people sadly just go straight to the boards and don't look at the main page. :(

[ August 30, 2002, 22:07: Message edited by: Z-Layrex ]

8. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

About the add-on, maybe a third-party mod could do this? I know that PST is tougher to mod than the other IE games, but fans can be pretty resourceful. I, for one, would love to see something like TDD for PST.

9. Ray192 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I don't think a sequel that countinues TNO's story will be good, since his story just... ended, the story has concluded, and we should move on.

10. Jekknol Bok Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I hate to be the odd one out but I for one think that a sequel/prequel would spoil the original game. It alredy has a definate ending(in the forseeable future) for TNO and a prequel detailing some of his previous incarnations would, for me, spoil the great mystery which I think a great feature of the original.

That said, another game set in the planescape multiverse would be terrific, possibly even involving TNO in saome way, but definately not as the central character.

Then again, if the almighty BIS team can come up with a story which doesn't spoil the original I'll be pleasantly surprised. I just don't think this likely.

Though I would play any sequel anyway just out of curiosity.

Feel free to disect my arguments and hang them out to dry.

11. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31

I, for one, would like the adventures of the Nameless One to continue.

At the very least, I would like to see a good Planescape mod for NWN. Does anyone know of one in the works?

12. TheNovak Gems: 5/31

I'd like to see a se/prequil where the main villain is TNO in one of his evil, megalomaniacal incarnations. About halfway through, maybe you kill him in this superclimactic final battle...and find out a bit later that he's alive and kicking :D

Maybe one of the main NPCs could be pre-floating skull Morte?

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] They said years ago that in the event of an unlikely sequel, it would only be "spiritual", and that TNO would be retired from the scene for good. So don't expect a sequel or a prequel to TNO's adventures. It'd be a brand new story.

14. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

I would absolutely love to see a Torment sequel, but not involving the Nameless One in any way. It would sort of ruin the mystery if it was previous incarnations, and it would be inplausable for a sequel.

15. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I'm working on it, but I don't have much time right now. It'll be several months before I can get it together and tested.

16. Platter

Platter Can I buy you a tankard or two, lad? Veteran

^ There are already two or three groups doing it. You could join one of them.

17. Uglyhead Gems: 1/31

Maybe a sequel could follow Gracie around... She already has a journal.. erm... diary, going.

But then... would it be post-TNO, pre-TNO, or what'd it be if he never even picked her up?

bah, fraught with too many technicalities to use the Torment cast as the main characters. perhaps a completely different, or only vaguely related storyline could be used, with the occasional cameo, perhaps, from a character from the first game.

They could call it Planescape: Almostompletelydifferentthing.

18. Jekknol Bok Gems: 1/31

That's what I was thinking. Though witho TNO as protagonist you couldn't really call it a sequel/prequel.

19. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31

@Rastor: I can be patient, especially for something that cool. ;)

20. Ray192 Gems: 5/31

you know, I would like a sequel that has you play a NEW TNO, and you go out to seek the one form teh first game to know why were you created.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.