1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: NPC's I like to bring with me

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] OK, so Imoen is the most popular NPC. She's great, she's the bomb, she's all that, blah blah blah whatever.

What I'm asking is in your current game, who would be with you? (If you don't have a current game, if you were going to start one today, who would you take?) Obviously, you can select up to 5 people, and there are 16 choices listed.

I realize that in the early part of the game, many people take along all of the NPC's at one point or another to do their quests for the extra XP. I myself have never bothered doing ALL of the quests in the same game, but I realize many of you out there do it. What I'm asking is who you typically FINISH the game with. As such, Yoshimo is not a choice.

If you don't play ToB, feel free to vote, although I guess you'll only have 15 options, as you will not have the opportunity to play Sarevok.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 58 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: NPC's I like to bring with me (58 votes.)

Who's in the party and the END of the game? (Choose 5)
    * Imoen - 60% (35)
    * Minsc - 34% (20)
    * Jaheira - 52% (30)
    * Yoshimo - 2% (1)
    * Aerie - 33% (19)
    * Nalia - 10% (6)
    * Korgan - 28% (16)
    * Anomen - 17% (10)
    * Viconia - 47% (27)
    * Jan - 29% (17)
    * Keldorn - 21% (12)
    * Edwin - 28% (16)
    * Haer-Dalis - 14% (8)
    * Valygar - 19% (11)
    * Mazzy - 12% (7)
    * Sarevok - 53% (31)

2. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

That's easy.
    ToB: All the evil characters plus Jan.
    SoA: All the evil characters plus Jan and Yoshimo

3. diebysteel Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Aldeth, how can one man make so many polls? :D Is that the power of the mallet of thinking?

Erm, back to topic, my actual char (a fighter/thief) will have in her party:
    Korgan
    Sarevok
    Viccy
    Jaheira
    Edwin

4. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    @diebysteel and Nocturnal Nomad

You guys rule! I think I should let you guys preview all of my polls (if you're willing of course). You voted just like I did! My new party I just made up has all the evil guys plus Jan. You guys kick arse! And great mind obviously think alike.

And yes, dibysteel, fear the power of my Mallet O'Thinking.

5. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Jaheira, Minsc, Imoen, Aerie, Viconia.

I usually play from roleplayers perspective, so it would be rather odd to kick out Minsc, Jaheira or -especially- Imoen. As to Aerie and Viconia, I just happen to like them :D

6. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31

Hehe, you're right about that "great mind" stuff :D . Keep those polls coming!
    Maybe I should get me a mallet :D . Something in pink would go nice with the curtains.

7. diebysteel Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

This time i don't need Jan because i am the thief myself this time, otherwise i would allways pick up Jan.

So and now to my fear before the mallet: :mommy:

8. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31

Wow, this is the first time I see Viccy lead a poll. Remember this historical moment people!

9. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Jaheira - the love of my life, how can I live without her? :love:

Keldorn - I view Keldorn as sort of a second-father or moral anchor for my fighter/mage. If there's anybody my protagonist looks up to, it's Keldorn.

Imoen - Besides being a great mage and competent thief, how can I not bring along my cheerful, spunky, light-hearted little sis'? How can I not rush to her rescue as soon as I'm able?

Minsc - Yes, he's a simpleton, but he's a nice simpleton and a solid friend through and through. After you've been through so much together in BG1, how can you leave him behind in BG2?

Anomen - this creates a few roleplaying problems for my party. The way I look at it, he creates an bad early impression on his comrades. Indeed, Jaheira calls him on his early egotism. The only reason he's tolerated in the early going is that the need for his prowess and healing powers are recognized, and Keldorn's around to rein in his worst excesses. The rest of the party is content to keep a discreet distance and let Keldorn take him under his wing by force. Once the two are reconciled, Anomen is reformed and starts to gel and get along better with the rest of the party.

10. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

hmm noone uses the yoshimo trick on spellhold-island or spawns him in ToB ? interesting. i think he is more the evil thief than jan.

11. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I'm the power-gaming sort, and my choices are Minsc, Sarevok, Viconia, Jan and Edwin. They basically cover almost all that I need, even without my main char.

Cool man! I think the BG II forums are the most active ones compare to the other forums because of great people like you all!

BG II rules!

12. Tayja Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

@Bloodtitan- I was thinking of a "by the book" game when I voted. But I usually end up with either Solaufein, and his mod, or Yoshimo from Tortured Souls. As I've mentioned elsewhere, Yoshi is my favorite NPC. He's the most talented thief, and the most likable guy, IMO.

13. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

While it largely depends on what my PC is, my group normally consists of Minsc, Jaheira, Nalia and Anomen.

I will occasionally pick up a 5th person to do their quest, but not often. I've found that 4 NPCs suit all my needs quite nicely -- regardless of what my PC is.

14. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    I don't know what's funnier - the fact that I said I wouldn't include Yoshimo - and then I inadvertently did, or the fact that I omitted Cernd, and nobody noticed.

15. dAS Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Sadly, I never played with Sarevok before so I think I will do so now, after finishing BGI and SoA...might be a while. I'm always a little disapointed when I have to leave out NPC's. their banter is helarious. Edwin is a must for a while due to his...freak accidnet. and organ is funny too, but their alignments cause a problem a bit. Imoen is a must as she has some funny things to say in ToB.

16. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

No one uses Cernd.

Prove me wrong. :p

17. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    You're wrong. I used Cernd in my latest game.

18. Day to Night Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Me to, I am just about to kill the giant out side the city and have had him since I came out of the dungon :p

19. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Imoen, Jaheria, Viconia, Aerie, and Haer'Dalis. I doubt I would really use those characters at once as I'm lacking the tank aspect though these are characters that I have used in several games apart that I never finished and stand a good chance of getting picked.

20. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I found it interesting that noone votes on Yoshimo. Of course you can have him in TOB...no wait!

Actually to be serious, I am aware of the threads here that state that Yoshi is not possible in TOB, but I once read about how someone had Nalia in SOA and left her on the top of Watcher's Keep and then went to TOB and later found her there.

Now what would be really cool is if anyone could see if that works with Yoshi so that we can grab him in TOB, but I have my doubts...

(The only way to get Yoshi in TOB is to make him as the Protagonist?)...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.