1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Newegg.com

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kovalis Darkfire, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Just wondering how many people here are fans of the wonderful web site: www.newegg.com ...

Poll Information
    This poll contains 4 question(s). 11 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Newegg.com (11 votes.)

Have you ever heard of Newegg? (Choose 1)
    * Yes - 55% (6)
    * No - 45% (5)

Have you ever visited the Newegg website? (Choose 1)
    * Yes - 55% (6)
    * No - 45% (5)

Have you ever purchased a product from Newegg? (Choose 1)
    * Yes - 55% (6)
    * No - 45% (5)

Have you purchased more than one product from www.newegg.com? (Choose 1)
    * No - 45% (5)
    * Yes, up to 2 products - 18% (2)
    * up to 5 products - 18% (2)
    * more than 10 - 18% (2)

2. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

where ever pricewatch.com points me to, i go, which includes newegg as well.

side note, check out their nec dual layer dvd rw, the black one, something like 3500 model number.

3. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Ever since I ordered the parts for my computer there, I've been in love with NewEgg.

4. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

NewEgg is getting rave reviews here at the Uni in Oklahoma.

5. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Never heard of it before and after looking at the site I doubt I will buy anything from it any time soon.

Edit: Well, given that they don't ship internationally I suppose that would rule out my ordering anything from them even if I couldnt take advantage of cheap Canadian prices. :rolleyes:

Typically for the last several years most items have cost the same number of Canadian dollars in Canada as U.S. dollars in the States despite the fact that the Canadian dollar exchanges for only $0.80 U.S (actually this is the recent 12 year high - it was in the low 70s for a long time).

Even with the weakening U.S. dollar, it is still cheaper to buy just about anything locally in Canadian dollars compared to buying from the U.S.A.

That is the reason why we have had so many Americans flocking into Canada to go shopping - quite a departure from 15 years ago when Canadians were heading over the border in droves to shop.

Looking at the prices on the newegg site I would have to say that the Canadian dollar would have to go up to about $0.90 U.S. (assuming prices remain steady on both sides of the border) for the prices to be comperable to what I am paying now - and that isn't taking any shipping or duty costs into account.

[ October 27, 2004, 04:31: Message edited by: JSBB ]

6. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

oh yeah, tell you guys something interesting,
    i had a friend who had a friend who previously studied in mississippi state university, starkville. Others work at McD, he bought from egghead.com (the "old egg") and sell them in ebay.

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I love New Egg! I've bought several things from them in the past and will continue to in the future!

On one occasion, FedEx damaged the item...which was a computer case...and New Egg let me keep the slightly damaged one, and then sent me a new one less than a week later! :D

Great prices, and very low shipping fees mean that I am a happy New Egg shopper! :love: :love: :love: :rolling:

8. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I concur with what JSBB said. All of it. Every word.

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well, if you live in the USA then NewEgg is great.

They don't give you any fancy product features or reviews, because they figure that you should do the research first and then head over to NewEgg to actually buy it for less than you would find it elsewhere on the net.
    They do give the basic features of each item, but not nearly as many as the manafacturer's website would...and I like that. They are taking the "no Bull-S**t" way of selling an item. :rolling:

10. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

All hale the glory of NEWEGG!!! The best computer stop ever by a longshot. If you haven't been there yet, go there now. You won't be dissapointed!

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Too bad they don't have an affiliate program. Considering how many of you seem to be shopping there, it'd be a great help to SP if you could do it via SP links... Just my luck.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.