1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Poll: New Story Forum

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Darien Noella, Oct 15, 2001.

1. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] What do you think? There's been a surge of creativity on the boards lately, with lots of decent stories written by the members of Sorcerer's Place. Should Tal create a new forum specifically for these story-posts?

Vote here. ;)

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] My vote is: YES.

That should keep all of the stories in one place, so everyone interested in that will be able to read them. And anyone who doesn't want to read them, won't click on that.
    :thumb up: Darien!

3. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I agree with Exmtremist. I'm one of those who don't read them :p.

4. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Don't stick your thumb up Darien. Lokken will get mad.

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Good idea, go for it. When I can't sleep I know where to go then :p

I suppose the forum will also be for Poetry etc? Maybe the forum should also be for dicussions about books, not written by SP-ers?

6. Arkados Blackmire Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Yeah yeah!! DO IT!!
    I've got a story in the process now but I don't wanna litter whatnots with it...

7. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

8. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] More thumbs up! LOL :grin:

that would be cool....Now if only I could think of something that rhymes with appendectomy.... :grin: :spin: :roll:

9. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

Shralp, funny... NOT!! :nolike:

Sir Bel, how about the famous haunted Borley Rectory?

10. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Yes ma'am! Please do! :)

11. Jarona Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I vote 'yes' also, with a question.

Are we talking about 'what-not' style stories, or rather about game-play stories like those of Tiamat, Tjek, KJ, etc.? (All great fun reading, by the way).

I'd rather see the latter remain in their respective game forums, for continuity and convenience.

just my $.02
    Jarona

12. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] yesyesyes, dump them somewhere else PLEASE

13. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

Jarona, it's for any and all stories, poetry, in-game adventures, etc. I think it would be more convenient to have them all in one place, rather than scranning specific forums to see if anyone's started something new, or added to an existing story. The only real issue might be ToB spoilers that some people want to avoid. Of course, that's easy enough to remedy with a simple ToB in the title of the thread.

14. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

I vote for that forum too. I think it would be good to have them separated.

15. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Well I will vote against then, just so I can be different to everyone else :D Bwahahahahahah! It is great fun seeing the forum's cluttered with nonsensical stories that make it impossible for me to confer my 'aid' upon those who need it :D.

Actually, now I think about it, I concur, the new forum would be great, as long as People stated in the title which game it was for etc.

BTW: Contrary to Nobleman's opinion, there is nothing wrong with this smily :D :D :D :heh: :happy:

16. Zaragoth Guest

I vote against. I don't mind having the stories in the already existing Forums. I don't see why you want a new one. Well, I'm not exactly voting against, since it's not a BAD idea, even if it's unnecessary(Or however it's spelled).
    Do as you must.

17. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Sounds like a great idea! Having the forum might also provide greater encouragement for SP creativity.

18. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Sounds good, people just need to know it's there so they don't call the wrath of Tal by continueing to post stories in the different forums

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited October 15, 2001).]

19. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

[​IMG] Oh yeah, definetely. On the subject of stories, what happened to the Torment story. It got to about two pages, then abruptly quit, about oh, two months back. Did everyone get tired of it? Did everyones free time dissapear? Did I kill it, by stubbornly continuing my stupid, badly written nameless one thread while others were actually developing the story? I won't do that again if it gets resurrected, I promise! (I can't ressurect it personally, 1 because I was the last post, 2 because I think my contributions killed it in the first place, but would like to see it reach some kind of conclusion)

20. Igneous Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Add a vote for it from me too, it's nice to have all the stories in one forum, so you can pick and choose the posts you want to read. (people post here so fast, it's not possible for me anymore to read all the posts)

Although I suck at writing myself, I certainly enjoy reading the work of all those artists on SP. :book:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.