1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: More Smilies?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Rednik, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] I've just seen some pretty cool smilies on some other boards, and now I'm thinking that we may need a smilie update.

What's your take guys and gals?

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 23 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: More Smilies? (23 votes.)

More Smilies? (Choose 1)
    * Sorcerer's Place could use a few more smilies - 35% (8)
    * No, the smilies we have are more than enough - 22% (5)
    * It depends on what the smilies are. - 43% (10)

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I'm all for getting a turnip smiley! SP beware! :lol:

3. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hmm, I'm not opposed to more smilies. More variety. But do you actually have some suggestions for them?

4. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

A party hat smiley would be good. Considering the subject of these boards, some sort of dragon themed smilie seems like a no-brainer. :)

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Run a search on the topic of smilies here for some details on when, if, how and what kind of smilies would get added here. As far as I'm concerned, since about half of the existing ones are practically never used, we have more than enough. But if there are any particularly cool ones that match the style of the ones already on SP, do post links to the images and we'll see.

6. Rednik Gems: 21/31

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I don't get the point of the first one, the second one is nearly the same as thumbs up we have, yum could be in used in so few places there's no point, happysad - we have so many emotional ones already no one uses, and the last one has black arms and legs which wouldn't show on the dark blue background.

8. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Ouch. Shot down. Though I think the :yum: would be used, just in the wrong places. :D

I do think that if we were to add more smilies, we should probably take a poll to eliminate some of the less used ones.

On a side note, it would be cool if under the Instant Gremlins link next to the Quick Reply box, the More link could be added. You know, just cause I'm lazy and have a bad memory.

9. Taluntain

Media:
    That's the incentive for you to use the full reply form. If I added that, I could also add the posting icons, and the UBB code buttons, etc. You get the idea. The Quick Reply form is really only meant for that - quick replies. The good old Full Reply Form is only a button away. And you do know you can just type the text in the Quick Reply form and then hit the Full Reply button and the text wil carry over to the full edit area?

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hmmmm... how about a soda bottle smiley? Not all of us drink coffee, you know, and caffeine seems to be a favored topic...

11. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    how about a smiley with a wizard's hat? that would be appropriate for SP me thinks. No idea where to get it from of course. :grin:

12. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hey, as long as no one thinks about removing my :rolling: I'm happy. The only one I could think of that SP lacks is a different type of sick smiley... :rolling:

13. Taluntain

Media:
    Indeed, and if you see a good one, let me know...

14. Rednik Gems: 21/31

I liked the :yum: smilie, I can think of so many instances of where it could be used.

The one that immediately comes to mind is Jordan vs. Abi though......

15. SaberFire Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

16. Taluntain

Media:
    Those smilies don't match the style of our own.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.