1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Lineup changes in Nighwish

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Undertaker, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] As some of you may know, Tarja was kicked out from the band just after excellent gig :eek: Is this the end of this band in the form we know it?

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 11 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Linup changes in Nighwish (11 votes.)

Is this the end of Nighwish? (Choose 1)
    * Yes, Tarja was tha voice of the band. The band will be no more. - 0% (0)
    * No, the band will find some one to replace her and they will continue - 100% (11)

2. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

How can they continue without Tarja?

Having said that, was she really into the music of Nightwish anyway?

3. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

a friend told me the news yesterday, and I was shocked, but then I red what a B*tch Tarja was so I could understand why she was kicked out.

Still Nightwish won't be the same without her.

4. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

All Nightwish songs were written by Tuomas Holopainen and Tarja was only singing them but her voice was the power of the band. When she started to sing solo it was the first sing that sth is wrong. I don't know if she still enjoyed singing with Nighwish. From that letter I think that not.
    It reminds me kicking out Liv Kristine from Theatre of Tragedy but she enjoyed singing even if she didn't participated in creating songs (she was kicked cause the band reharses in Norway and she lives in Germany).

I hope the band will find a good replacement for her and that the will continue to play.

5. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Who is this Marcelo character that is blamed for Tarja's 'downfall'?

6. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Her husband?

7. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

I was thinking that, or or else a former manager, or coach.

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Wow

Having read the open letter - I can understand why it was done - but that really sucks. I'm not sure whether to hope Nightwish breaks up as not to become something non-Nightwishy, or to hope it stays going and hope for the best.

On the other hand, I don't like the direction they took with Once ... but Tuomas is a genius and hopefully will sort things out. Makes you ponder as to who'll be able to replace Tarja though...

If only the Nightwish forums were up - it would be an interesting sight to see right now :)

Edit: Googling has revealed Marcelo to be her husband

Edit2: Looking at a Tarja fansite reveals people calling for Marcelo's blood...

[ October 25, 2005, 08:16: Message edited by: Aikanaro ]

9. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Marcelo's blood...? :evil: Most interesting idea.
    BTW some of my friends suggested that the band should hire Sarah Jezebel Deva :eek:

10. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] They should replace her with someone younger and prettier :evil:

11. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

My first fought was Liv Kristine :love: but her voice is not for band like Nightwish.
    I think new singer will be someone unknown outside Finland.
    Or maybe they should hire Angela Gossow :p

12. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

It would be funny to hear Angela scream and growl 'I wish I had an angel'!

The girl that used to be in Dreams of Sanity is more than proficient for Nightwish, and looks better than Tarja anyway!

13. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

You mean Martina Hornbacher (I think she was singing for Therion) or Sandra Schleret?

14. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Sandra Schleret I believe.

15. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Marcelo is her husband/manger. I read a story on the breakup in a finnish newspaper today. It didn't say much though, mostly how much money they hsve earned. They tried to portray Holopainen as greedy because he has the copyright on the Nightwish name and logo, but he writes the songs so of course he'll get the lions share. :rolleyes:

16. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Okay, I saw this coming. ANyone read the recent interview in Kerrang magazine? It was going to happen.

It's Tuomas's band anyway. He started it. Ah well, onwards and upwards as they say.

17. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Well, wh can now read Tarja's response. It was somewhat cruel to kick her in such moment but it seems she desereved nothing more.

18. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'm feeling a bit more optimistic about this all now. I'm quite confident that Tuomas has the ability to keep Nightwish Nightwishy.

I'm also far mroe likely to believe his version of events (+ the rest of the band) than Tarja's - seeing that he's the one who we have the most insight to through his lyrics. As my sister commented about the letter: He sounds really hurt. Not angry.

I also don't like this attitude of of 'it should have been kept private' - Nightwish gets worship by heaps of people - turning such a major part of it into 'breaking up because of personal problems' is ... lame. Not saying that it was necessarily handled the best way, but meh - at least we know what's going on.

19. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Sarah Jezebel Deva? Am I the only person wo thinks she can't sing? On the other hand, Tarja wasn't that good live so ;) .

But no I kind of like Sarah but she won't be a good choise for NW. as for Liv Kristine Am I the only person who thinks she is ugly? and her voice is way to sweet for nightwish indeed...

20. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

I don't think she is that attractive either, but I am not really into blondes (especially bleached blondes) anyway.

I think a nice Bollywood singer would be an interesting idea for Nightwish, and they would pull that one off!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.