1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: KoTOR poll - (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Series' started by Dice, May 4, 2004.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Which planets and characters were most popular and least popular ....

EDIT
    oops sorry guys, I forgot to put Taris in and it's too late for me to fix it If your choice was Taris just go with the "I cannot make a choice" option

[ May 06, 2004, 13:10: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 4 question(s). 19 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Kotor poll - (Spoilers) (19 votes.)

Which planet did you like the best? (Choose 1)
    * Dantooine - 5% (1)
    * Tatooine - 16% (3)
    * Kashyyyk - 11% (2)
    * Manaan - 16% (3)
    * Korriban - 37% (7)
    * Unknown World - 11% (2)
    * I cannot choose a favorite - 5% (1)

Which planet did you like the least? (Choose 1)
    * Dantooine - 5% (1)
    * Tatooine - 16% (3)
    * Kashyyyk - 37% (7)
    * Manaan - 16% (3)
    * Korriban - 5% (1)
    * Unknown World - 11% (2)
    * I cannot choose a least favorite - 11% (2)

Which character did you like the best? (Choose 1)
    * Bastilla Shan - 32% (6)
    * Canderous Ordo - 0% (0)
    * Carth Onasi - 11% (2)
    * HK-47 - 26% (5)
    * Jolee Bindo - 21% (4)
    * Juhani - 0% (0)
    * Mission Vao - 5% (1)
    * T3-M4 - 5% (1)
    * Zaalbar - 0% (0)
    * I cannot choose a favorite - 0% (0)

Which character did you like the least? (Choose 1)
    * Bastilla Shan - 5% (1)
    * Canderous Ordo - 16% (3)
    * Carth Onasi - 21% (4)
    * HK-47 - 0% (0)
    * Jolee Bindo - 5% (1)
    * Juhani - 0% (0)
    * Mission Vao - 5% (1)
    * T3-M4 - 42% (8)
    * Zaalbar - 0% (0)
    * I cannot choose a least favorite - 5% (1)

2. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I liked the Mandalorian guy, and Mission. The Wookie guy did ok, but I mean, Christ; it's not like the voice actor had intense and difficult-to-pronounce lines. Carth was entirely too whiney for me. I needed a tazer for him, or something. I like Jaheria, but there's something in this role that just didn't fit her voice/accent. Come to think of it, I can't even place her accent. Anyways, I prefer her as a half-elf druid, but it's not like she did a bad job in KotOR.

Jennifer Hale is Jennifer Hale.

The Nordom guy (H&K #47) I probably would have liked more if I hadn't played PsT. I thought about it for just a few minutes, and came to the conclusion that the character would have been funny/new, so they did a good job with him. It's just that you can't beat Nordom/Grace/demon-thief-chick (God, WHAT'S HER NAME?!?! The Flashdance singer chick.)

Anyways, I liked Kashynk. And the water world was a neat idea. Tantooine is tantooine, we've been there twice and it's still as dusty as it was 4000 years ago. Dantooine is ok.

[edit: Annah. Jeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz...]

3. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Hey, I just liked Korriban. Man, by the time my light side character left there, half of the Sith Academy was going to meet at the Jedi Academy, and the other half was dead. Plus, I really liked the look and feel of the place.
    However, I couldn't stand Kashyyk. Or however it's spelled. Waaaaay to many bridges and crap with nothing but enemies when you're trying to go between the Wookie and Human settlements. And there's nothing quite like having a quest that you got practically when you land on the planet that you have to go almost to the Star map, turn around, go back to the frickin landing platform, finish the quest, and then hoof it alllllll the way back to the bottom of the planet. :mad: Man, I hate that planet. Taris wasn't too hot either. That said, I pretty much liked all the rest of the planets.

My favorite character, believe it or not, was Bastilla. She's a Jedi, she's pretty good looking, she's a romantic interest, and despite falling to the Dark Side, she can be redeemed. Or not. Either way, what's not to like? Aside from the fact that she's not Viconia, that is... :love:
    I absolutely HATE Jolee! :mad: :flaming: :mad: :flaming: If there was ONE good thing about him, it was that, unlike any other npc I can remember, you can actually tell him that you hate him, which I made sure to do every time I played the game. :D Like ej, I thought Carth was pretty whiney, didn't like Big Z, (Okay, so I don't like Wookies), or T3-M4 (Yeah, like he had enough personality to like OR dislike). I was basically neutral about Canderous, though I might've liked him better with a differant name (too much like "ponderous"), or a better head. Mission kinda grows on ya, sort of like fungus, really sweet, nice fungus. And I really liked Juhani (I liked her voice), and HK. HK was, without a doubt, the single funniest character in the game.

Meatbag. Heh, heh, heh...

4. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] My favourite NPC is of course Jolee Bindo (There's just something about those crotchy old jedi)

I really liked all the NPCs except T3(ironically he's the only character from KOTOR to be in KOTOR2)

My favourite planet would be Korriban; I just like everything about it.

Least favourite planet would be Manaan; I liked the planet well enough, but the underwater part is *HORRIBLY SLOW*

:tie:

5. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Actually, I quite liked Bastila as well. Not really sure why (probably the skin tight jump suit. ;) )

Dantooine was pretty cool, the jedi training cut scene sealed it for me.

6. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

Cannot stand Bastila. Annoying voice. Fun to annoy her, though.

Also disliked Jolee. He was annoying. Can't say about Juhani. I always killed her, even when playing light side - I was annoyed about forced into being a Jedi. Carth whines.

HK-47 was funny. I liked him. I liked Canderous as well. T3 M4 was nice too, and accompanied me on most missions. He was also the one that saved me on the Leviathan. Mission was friendly too. Someone should write a romance for her, so I don't have to put up with Bastila.

Manann is a nice planet - the only technologically advanced-looking place, other than Taris. Kashyyyk is full of enemies, which was annoying. Pretty much a hack and slash planet. I did find it amusing abandoning Zaalbar there though. Korriban was a bit boring I thought, but it was stunning when you turn the corner into that valley and see the red sun across the horizon.

7. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Unknown Planet - that is the last one before Star Forge? That was my fav. very bautiful and interesting (it should be since it is near the peak of the story)

Manan - my last but unfortunately my least planet, the feeling when i arrived in underwater facility was great, but slow running parts kinda ruined it...

Bastila - i loved to tease her, but other than that, no particilar reason i choosed her. I have played with almost every char on some part of the game, so I didnt dislike anyone, except maybe...

Canderous - didnt like him! Why? Blasters suck, when I got him, I have allready replaced all characters with blades, so I decided I will keep one "blaster type" char, in hope that I will find powerfull blaster weapon later in the game, but I didn't find any...

PS Yes, HK was very funny :)

8. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Sheena Easton is the name I was looking for.

Also, I liked Korriban as well. There's something "fullfilling" about wiping out the entire Sith academy, that just makes the whole game enjoyable.

I believe Heidi Shannon does the voice of Jaheria. But imdb says Courtenay Taylor does the voice of Juhani. They sound *very* familiar, so I'm wondering if one or the other is incorrect.

9. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I think my favorite character was Mission. She's a pretty cool little alien with more than a few tricks up her sleeve. I would have liked to find her brother again after he disappeared from Tatooine. I was kind of hoping that if I gave him the money and the supplies that he needed that he wouldn't do the obvious thing and screw up.... oh well.

I didn't like Canderous very much. He is just mean and cranky.

My favorite planet was Korriban because I enjoyed the ruins but also really liked Kashyyyk for the scenery. I've always liked the feel of big trees. I suppose my least favorite planet was Taris because I never got to see what was outside of the city.

10. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Manaan is easily the worst planet, but only if you include the annoying slow underwater parts. It sucks so much to sludge away at the bottom of the ocean!

11. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

@dragonfly:
    That's because Taris is covered by a big city (like Coruscant)

12. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I especially liked Bastila, because I've always wanted to meet Kate Beckinsale as a Jedi and now I can cross that off of my life's "To-Do" list.

Jolee and HK were also among my favorite characters. I looked forward to each conversation I had with those three.

I didn't especially dislike anyone, but the characters I was the least attached to would be Zaalbaar and T3. Carth could be whiny, but I enjoyed playing off a whiny do-gooder most of the time. Big Z was too antisocial to really become one of the gang, and T3 never really became more than a Hacker-Bucket with wheels.

As for worlds, overall my favorite was probably Tatooine and least were Kashyyk. Tatooine had the beautiful desert landscape, while Kashyyk was just running around through underbrush. I never bother with that quest you get at the beginning, because I don't want to run all the way back up.

At the same time, Kashyyk has the cool Star Map computer discussion, which I love, while Manaan has the single worst sequence of the game when you have to crawl underwater. (I think any Jedi in that situation would fall to the dark side if promised the ability to trigger Force Speed in that suit. Jeez.)

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Bastila - exactly my type, especially given INT 10 and WIS 12 are there for pointbuy balance and are in no way reflected in the dialogue (I rate her vocabulary and sharp-mindedness at INT 13-14 - although 12 might do, with some education; WIS 12 is justifiable, though 14 seems more like it).

Worlds: Dantooine and Tatooine. Kashyyyk was quite an enriching experience, but all that slavery. Korriban similar. Not that I liked the City of Corridors (Manaan) running back and forth, nor their Sunry trial. The unknown world, oh well... no. Taris no way. Can't choose the most or least favourite.

Can't choose the least favourite character, either. Those would normally be the Dark Siders, Canderous and HK-47, but the former isn't committed to evil per se and the latter is a droid. Oh, and well, I really liked HK-47's little side comments :D Canderous could make a good man with some guidance.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.