1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: KITT: the pimpin'-est ride ever?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by The Magpie, Jun 24, 2005.

1. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

[​IMG] Ok, according to MSN Entertainment News, KITT (that's the car from Knight Rider, for anyone not from Earth :p ), has been voted as Britain's favourite customised car, in a poll done for MTV. The question, SPers, is do you agree? I've taken the top 6 from the poll for you to choose between. In summary, they lined up thus: </font>
    1. KITT
    2. The Batmobile
    3. James Bond's DB5
    4. The De Lorean from Back to the Future
    5. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
    6. Del Boy's Robin Reliant
    And no, that is not a misprint, the Trotters' van did come in at 6th place! :lol:

Of course, arguments for any vehicles from TV & film omitted (the General Lee anyone?) are welcome, as well as any against those they've included (I feel #6 may be in for particular stick here; mainly because most outside of Britain won't know what it is!).

What are you waiting for? Get voting! ;)

[ June 25, 2005, 10:57: Message edited by: The Magpie ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 29 user(s) have voted.

Poll Results: KITT: the pimpin'-est ride ever? (29 votes.)

KITT: the pimpin'-est ride ever? (Choose 1)
    * KITT - 21% (6)
    * Batmobile - 31% (9)
    * DB5 - 10% (3)
    * De Lorean - 17% (5)
    * Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - 7% (2)
    * The Trotters' Van - 3% (1)
    * I want to vote for something else, dammit! And WTF are the Trotters? - 10% (3)

2. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

I think that #1 should be either KITT or the Viper from the TV show Viper. Most people probably won't know what I'm talking but it was a very "pimped" car.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  3. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It has got to be the Batmobile.

In its various versions it has had pretty much every possible gimmick - on board computer, assorted oil slick/smoke screen/caltrop options, retractable armour plating, ejector seats, handglider launcher, atomic firey exhaust, parachute assisted braking, an anti-theft deterrant system of having a flippable plastic tab that reads "Bat Anti-Theft System" on one side and "Start" on the other so that after flipped to the "Start" side the idiotic baddies push the "Start" button and send up a huge display of fireworks and paper streamers, etc. etc.

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    The De Lorean all the way. Come one what is cooler than have to ability to travel through time ?! The cops are chasing you for speeding just hit 88 miles/hour and you're free. That car just rock!

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    What about the Mystery Machine -- or Speed Racer's car? Herbie didn't even make the list?

6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

How come nobody else voted for KITT yet? :jawdrop: How much more tricked out can you get than a person built into a car! Although I think MI-6 could have pimped out the DB5 even better if Bond didn't keep wrecking the damn thing! :lol:
    What about you, little birdie? Who did you vote for?

7. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Those are some good options! Especially Del-boy's reliant robin ;)

Notice that the Trotter's Independent Trader's sign printed on the side's initials are TIT :p

8. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The De Lorean kills everything in this competition. Nothing else even comes close! Do any of the others have a flux capacitor? Didn't think so! Even then, we can just travel back in time to make all the competition cease to exist! :p

9. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

The Batmobile. I would seriously consider giving up my vehicle forever just for one week driving the Batmobile.

Any of them.

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    What about Herbie, the little VW bug? :jawdrop: :rolling:

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Of course, I have no idea what the phrase "pimpinest" means. It sounds like made up gibberish to me. But what about the General Lee? That car rocks.

12. The Magpie

@ Felinoid: FYI, I voted for the De Lorean. After all, I did want to be Dr. Emmett Brown when I was a kid. It's what got me into physics! :hahaerr: :p

@ HB: "pimpin" is gangsta slang, like "bling". The reason for it is that the poll was a publicity effort for the upcoming series of "Pimp my ride UK" that MTV are gonna be putting out soon, where they do up people's dodgy old motors in an outrageously OTT fashion.

And I'll add my surprise that KITT's only scored one vote so far! :eek:

[ June 25, 2005, 11:30: Message edited by: The Magpie ]

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Magpie, telling me that 'pimpin' is 'gangsta', like 'bling' tells me NOTHING. You've just used more gibberish to try and explain the original gibberish! Speak English!

14. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Batmobile for me. It was way ahead of its time and brings back a lot of memories of my youth. :D

HB,

"Pimpin" basically means great, cool, or just plain NICE.

15. The Magpie

Ok, according to the American Sub-Standard Politically Incorrect Dictionary:

Bling (n.) Gaudy, ostentatious cosmetic ornamentation, characteristic of the Thuglife or Rap subcultures.

e.g. Tyrone added some chrome bling to his Hummer.

Pimp (v.) To accessorize with bling.

e.g. Tyrone pimped his Escalade.

Gangsta (n.) A young caucasian computer programmer.

e.g. Friedrich logged onto his Unix box and went to dA gAnGsTa'S dUnGeOn.

Hope that helps clear things up! ;)

16. Harbourboy

So we're talking about the car with the most "ostentatious cosmetic ornamentation"? Well, it's none of those cars then, is it? Maybe Chitty Chitty Bang Bang has a few too many bits on it, but all the rest are pretty sleek and lacking in silly adornments.

17. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    That has got to be the absolute worst definition ever. I have never heard it used even remotely like that before! I could comment more, but its in my best interest not to. :p

18. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

From google:
    Gangsta: gangsters.
    Gangsters are members of a professional crime organization, i.e. a gang. Famous examples of such organizations include mafia groups.
    Gangsters are members of a professional crime organization, i.e. a gang. Famous examples of such organizations include mafia groups.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangsta

HB: when I don't know some words meaning I just google it like this: define:gangsta
    and there you go.

By the way, like JSBB said, Batmovile is the best, time travel is not something you can show off like the gadgets on the Batmovile.

19. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Batmobile for me, too. It was very close between James Bond's Aston Martin and the Batmobile. The 'trick' that won me was the jet engine.

Sorry, Q. :(

Pimpin' a Unix box?

I have a pony on my monitor and a turtle sticker on the cpu box, Magpie. Does that count?

20. The Magpie

The definition for "Gangsta" was a piss-take, just to clear things up - neat satirising of 1337-speakers and their combination of street-slang and dubious command of the shift key, which they think makes them "kewl".

And kuemper, how the hell do you fit a pony on top of your monitor? Even a shetland wouldn't fit! ;) :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.