1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Is your shower gross?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by revmaf, Aug 24, 2007.

1. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

I'm terribly nearsighted and, obviously, shower without my glasses on. So when I get around to cleaning my shower I often discover disgusting things around the shower door frame and in the corners that I don't see while I'm showering. That happened today and I'm off shortly to get some toxic chemicals to work on the problem.

How about the rest of you? Anybody else have disgusting showers? And who's supposed to clean these things, anyway? Let us know!

Poll Information
    This poll contains 2 question(s). 25 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Is your shower gross? (25 votes.)

Is your shower (or bathtub/shower, or bathtub) gross? (Choose 1)
    * It's pretty gross. - 12% (3)
    * It's average. - 56% (14)
    * It's spotless. - 32% (8)

Who's supposed to clean your shower or bathtub? (Choose 1)
    * I'm the only one responsible for cleaning. - 40% (10)
    * I share responsibility for cleaning. - 36% (9)
    * Somebody else is responsible for cleaning. - 24% (6)

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

My shower and bathtub are pretty average - nothing disgusting but are some calcium marks on the sliding doors etc.

My bathroom sink is another story though. I have one of those plunger plugs that is connected with via rods to a nob that you push/pull to open/close the plug. As a result you can't see down the drain but I had noticed that drainage was getting pretty bad. It is o.k. now but last Sunday I actually removed the plunger plug and I can tell you that it was pretty vile down there. The plunger mechanism extends quite some ways down into the drain and it is almost perfectly designed to trap and accumulate hair and other filth. I don't know how long it has been since I last bothered unscrewing the mechanism but I am going to have to make a point of doing so every so often to clean it out.

3. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

My shower is spotless (a few cracked tiles, but nothing dirty) because the house is only 3 years old (in November). Plus, we have a cleaning lady who comes and cleans every other week, and she does a thorough job everywhere (my dad doesn't have enough time to clean, so we hire).

4. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Our shower is pretty clean. Like revmaf sometimes we miss the nasty stuff in the door but overall it's pretty good. My wife won't stand for it to get too bad. As for who cleans it, I used to help out with the bathroom cleaning but I was recently banned from doing so. Apparently my standards weren't quite up to snuff. Currently she is only one that cleans the bathroom. That's fine by me.

5. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Mine isn't gross, but there is staining in the grout and tub caulk from past mildew attacks. Mildew is near impossible to eradicate down here in Florida.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Gosh, I honestly can't tell with all that black stuff on the bottom of the tub.

Seriously, it's average in the clean factor. Either hubby or I clean it every once in a while.

7. starfox64 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Mine gets cleaned once every 6 months... and boy does it NEED it! We bleach the whole thing and have to throw the shower curtain away and everything. The only bad part is, we live in the basement of this place, and there's little to no windows; so, the whole place smells like bleach for the next week.

8. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    I clean mine every week, or every 2 weeks at a push if im busy. So yeh, its usually quite spotless. Also my flat is only 3 years old, so there is no damage in it.

9. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

I seem to be quite the slacker in the bathroom cleaning front. I, too, have discovered the hair clog that ate New York City in my sink drain. I put a tiny hook, with a pair of needle nose pliers, in the end of an un-twisted coat hanger and got hold of it and pulled out about a pound of hair and gunk.

Part of the problem with my atrocious housekeeping is that I live alone, always have, and so no one but me has to put up with it - and I can put up with a lot, apparently!

10. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    No, ours isn't gross. And even the one in the dorm I stayed in for the past month was quit clean...miracles do happen.

11. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Our shower is pretty clean except for some calcium/lime/whatever stains on the curtain. :rolling:

12. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Clean my shower once a week with bleach...

My shower is actually a small claw-foot tub that we added a shower conversion kit too. Our tub is very clean; especially since we remodelled our bathroom 2 weeks ago.

13. Giles Barskins Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Shower is clean. We use that scrubbing bubbles thing that you hang from the showerhead and press the button to give it a spray down afterward with cleaner. Good maintenance between thorough cleanings every few months.

14. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Where I currently live, in a shared apartment, we have cleaners coming here once a week. Been pretty clean thus far.

15. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Pretty much spotless.
    It gets squeegeed down then sprayed with a shower cleaner after each use.

We live in a hard water area (we're on chalk) so every 3 monthes or so I'll give it a going over with a limescale cleaner to bring back a bit of sparkle.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.