1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: If you only had one...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Blog, Nov 15, 2002.

1. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] If you could only have ONE of Cromwell's forged items, which would you choose and why?

BTW I don't care if you vote for the one you like the most, or the one you think is the most powerful. You're welcome to discuss either one.

My vote goes to the Red Dragon Scale, mainly because I like having good AC. Plus it is not considered "magical" so you can use rings or cloaks with it.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 36 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: If you only had one... (36 votes.)

Pick one and only one: (Choose 1)
    * Ankheg Plate Mail - 3% (1)
    * Shadow Dragon Scale - 3% (1)
    * Red Dragon Scale - 17% (6)
    * Short Bow of Gesen - 14% (5)
    * Halberd +4: Wave - 0% (0)
    * Crom Faeyr - 19% (7)
    * Mace of Disruption +2 - 17% (6)
    * The Equalizer - 6% (2)
    * Silver / Vorpal Sword - 19% (7)
    * Just let me see the results already! - 3% (1)

2. Shadow Steele

Shadow Steele Still hiding in the shadows all night

I voted for the red dragon scale because it is the only thing that I ever got him to make for me.

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I voted for the Mace of Disruption +2 for the simple reason that I could approximate what the other items gave me with more common versions plus long acting spells, potions or other items. The thing that always annoyed me was level-draining undead. The negative plane protection spell never lasted long enough and the only other SOA item with a similar ability was the amulet of power, which my non-spell casting front-line guys could not use. With the +2 mace, bingo, no more draining. Let one character walk ahead of the pack (maybe even with Daystar in another weapon slot for obvious reasons), draw all the nasty vampires and the like, and you have instant mayhem with little to no consequence. Plus, I killed Kangaxx in his ultimate form with one swipe of the +2 mace.

4. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I voted for the Silver Vorpal Sword because it was my favorite weapon in my BG2 playing experience.

5. Vengeance Incarnate Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I chose the Gesen Shortbow because I'd be able to fire without having to worry about running low on arrows, not having the general clutter of having about 100 arrows in my quiver, and have a cool thunder effect every time the arrow hits home.

6. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I think Crom Faeyr is the coolest weapon. I played the game through with a Dwarf Battlerager with Grand Mastery in War Hammers. By the end I had a THACO of around -10! My second choice is the Red Dragon scale. It wouldn't be so great except you can wear rings of protection with it, which can make it +2 better!

7. Dhirngulin Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Mace of disruption definetly. It helps hugely too fight vampires with a fighter.

8. Gholam Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Voted for Gesen bow, just cuz it rox!

9. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Mace of Disruption +2 definitely evens the odds against undead, especially when you go back to kill Bodhi.

10. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Well I voted for the Red Dragon scale. The reason is simple, although maybe a little weird.
    I voted for it because That stupid Dragon (forgot his name) was a real sore in the arse!! He thought he was like the best craeutre alive and stuff like that+ he was really hard to beat, so it felt GOOOOOD to kill him and then have his own skin as an armour :cool:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.