1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Headaches and how you kill them...

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    So you have a headache...how do you kill it and feel better? Most people drug themselves, I know, I'm one of them. There are a handful of drugs that will "cure" a headache, but which drug works better? the choices in the poll are: Aspirin, Acetaminophen (the active ingredient in Tylenol), Ibuprofen (the active ingredient in Advil), Naproxen sodium (the active ingredient in Aleve), or a mixture of Aspirin, Caffeine, and Acetaminophen which are all in Excedrin.

As for me, I like the overkill way of getting rid of a headache, so I'll pop 3 Excedrin pills...that's only one more than whats recomended, but it works wonders for me! :alien:

So, what's your poison? :rolling:

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 31 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Headaches and how you kill them... (31 votes.)

What do you take for a headache? (Choose 1)
    * Aspirin - 3% (1)
    * Acetaminophen (Tylenol) - 13% (4)
    * Ibuprofen (Advil) - 32% (10)
    * Naproxen sodium (Aleve) - 0% (0)
    * A combo of Acetaminophen, Aspirin, and Caffeine (Excedrin) - 13% (4)
    * None of the above/Just the results for me. - 39% (12)

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    None of those work for mwe, unless you count pure caffeien... which usually results a hangover.

:p

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    :coffee:

Cures everything.

4. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

The type of headaches I get tend to be because of a low pressure weather system in the area, and drugs don't work to get rid of it. I do find that herbal tea does help, though.

5. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Sadly I get headaches that won't go away no matter what I throw at them drug wise. I end up having to sleep them off - 2 hours later I'm all better, however if I didn't sleep it would get worse and worse. Maybe it's because I've been thinking too hard or something?

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    'd say that's a mirgaine. I hae this stuff called Maxalt that doesn't work on the run-of-the-mill headaches, but when i get a migraine it just wipes it out.

7. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Advil usually works for headaches.
    For migranes i rely on a little blue pill. Don't know what it is, but it tastes horrible and goes down hard. heh, unnamed little blue pill that taste's bad but works, i love being helpful :)

8. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I use a mix until I float. I occassionaly use "less conventional" methods, but whatever works.

9. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I've never heard of any of those choices (that I can recall) except for Aspirin and that never works for me. As far as drugs, I usually go for the migraine-strength stuff like Panadeine Forte or something like that.

Other than that I concur with Chev about coffee, works a treat every time. Magical beans those.
    Or if I'm somewhere primitive, where coffee is just not an option, the one thing that does give me temporary relief is firmly pinching the webbing between the index finger and thumb. I don't recall if it's the webbing in the left or right that's suposed to wrok because it's been a long time since I had a headache in a primitive location.

10. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Spoken to my doctor. It isn't a migrane since it shows none of the other symptoms (hot flushes [I think], sensitivity to light and so forth) just the headache. Eventually it gets to the stage that I could fry an egg on my forehead.

11. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I don't usually drug... Because I don't usually get headaches!
    And since I wouldn't know what all that stuff in the list is, except aspirin, I'd go for that, if it was so bad it needed a-knockin'.
    :borg:

12. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

I don't generally suffer from headaches (or hangovers for that matter.) When I do, I usually find it's because I haven't had enough to drink so a pint or two of water usually sorts it out.

13. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

A pint or two of some heavy ale will sort it out ;)

14. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I usually don't get headaches. But twice a year or so I get a migraine attack when I foolishly combined alcohol and exertion. Kinda sucks I gradually loose eye sight until it's a flickering crescent moon. I have to sleep it of until it's away and I'll have to lay low for a day or so.

15. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    One Dafalgan (paracetamol) usually does the job.

16. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Nurofen which is ibuprofen

17. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Sometime last year I had this killing headache and I really mean it: it felt like my head was blowing off or someone was twisting needles inside my brains. That was the first and last time I tried some aspirins. Guess why? After I took a one, whole tablet I didn't only have a vicious headache, but also sicking up everything I had eaten inside that week.

Four days in pain and you'll start wishing all kinds of cures for all kinds of diseases.

18. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Since I extremely rarely get head aches, not even when hung over even if I am sick as a dog in the rest of my body my head is ok. On the rare rare occasions I have a head ache it is either because of lack of water and then I just drink. If I happen to have a pill at home I might pop it if I have a headache but I havent had anything at home for a few years and in that time I think I have had two-three minor head aches. I am convinced that head aches are a sign of weakness and frailty in people. :p ;)

19. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    A good way, yeah. Sometimes, however, something tells me I'd better not try touching my forehead. Clenching and releasing fists while gasping some air helps. Also works in conjunction with counting to ten when you discover in yourself a sudden urge to commit third degree murder on your current interlocutor.

20. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Mountain Dew.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.