1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Have you played Golden Axe?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by ArrynMorgerim, Mar 31, 2003.

1. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Golden Axe from Sega was an evergreen in the Czech Republic for the whole 90s (at least all my friends think so). So I am interested whether someone remembers the game after some 13 or so years.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 26 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Have you played Golden Axe? (26 votes.)

Have you played Golden Axe? (Choose 1)
    * I still play Golden Axe from time to time. - 15% (4)
    * I used to play Golden Axe. - 62% (16)
    * I know about Golden Axe. That's all. - 4% (1)
    * I have never heard about Golden Axe (what a shame). - 19% (5)

2. Astin X Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Loved the game, played it on PC, arcade and sega 16bit console.

3. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

It was fun back in the day.. I thought the dwarf was incredibly cool. When I play it now, I realize it's just another double dragon/streets of rage/Turtles 2. Those games get old real fast. :(

4. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I played it really much with my friend.But we didn't get very far... :aww:

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Played it on PC years ago. Very fun game.

6. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I played it a good few times on the Amiga and Sega Megadrive.
    I agree, it is a bit of a Double Dragon game, but, it's still good. It had extras, such as magic and creatures to ride.

7. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

This is one of the games i remember best. It would probably be best if i dont try it now 'couse it will ruin my happy memory of it.

I played it with my friend and i remember we always fought who'll have the dwarf. :cool:
    The music was cool too ;)
    All those extras like creatures to ride (come kind of fireball-puffing-big-red-chicken-dragon) were a great thing though its too bad one hit got you down.
    Those big fullplate giants with two-handed swords were pesky too :rolleyes:

One of the best games of those times.

Anyone remembers Bomb? A group game with one or more tanks for each player, wind (new :p ) and many diffrent types of ammo. The greatest shield repelled any missiles launched against you.
    There were 2 versions of it(both DOS ofcourse).

8. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

BTW It's possible to play GA with the appearance of your foes. You have to change the names of *.SPR (IIRC) files in the directory (works only with PC version).

Just swap for example skeleton.spr with hero.spr...

Woman - Amazon.spr
    dwarf - dwarf.spr
    "conan" - hero.spr

It was very funny to play it in this way. For example you appear two times on the screen, one copy is there instead of that picture next to life meter. Quite fun the game don't crash.

Some very cool changes:

bone.spr - the piece of meat
    fireball.spr
    chicken.spr - remember the pink dragon? If you swap it with for example with dwarf, then the enemies will ride on the poor dwarfs shoulders

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Sweet times long passed yet not forgotten!

Yes, I have played Golden Axe. A lot. The only thing it obviously lacks is XP system ;)

10. Shadow Sword Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I had that game it rocked! i beat it a ton of times. My favorite guy was the axe dwarf dude.

11. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

[​IMG] I remember playing it on one of the sega consoles, you could only be the noncer in the bluepants though....

12. AlexGK Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

We are talking about all the Golden Axe series, right?Because Golden Axe 3 is ine of my favorite games ever.Still playing it when time's got to be killed :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.