1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Have you ever played hooky?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by DragonRider SkyWard, Nov 12, 2002.

1. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Well I was sick yesterday and got to stay home and rest. I'm doing the same today. I feel ok but since theres dust in our school(rebuilding) I'm taking an extra day to make sure I feel good. Luckly for me, I got a little sicker eirlier but now I'm better.

So any of you played hooky?

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 25 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Have you ever played hooky? (25 votes.)

Have you ever played hooky? (Choose 1)
    * Yes - 72% (18)
    * No - 28% (7)

2. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Once, in college, I skipped Computer Science 207 (intro to hardware design) for like two weeks (it met twice a week). When I finally showed up to class, everyone started putting their books under their desks. I asked the guy next to me what was up and he told me it was time for the midterm exam. I booked out the back, went around to the front and caught the instructor coming into the room. I convinced him that I couldn't take the exam because I was sick (not difficult, as I was pale and sweating).

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Poor Jack, I have never done it as it is a bit difficult in my situation ;)

4. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Yes I have ... and am proud of it.

Right now, in fact, I'm looking longingly at the door thinking "I have IWD2 loaded on my lap-top and there is a comfy coffee shop on the way home where neither the boss nor the wife will find me...."

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Right now, I'm looking longingly at the IWD2 packet thinking "I have IWD2 that should be on my lap-top and there is a comfy bedroom where neither the mother or the homework will find me...."

I have often wanted to skive school and I have special permission to miss one lesson a day - whether or not that counts as skiving I do not know

6. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    And I rather play IWD2 in a coffee-shop with my boss's wife on the top of my lap....
    :p

7. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I've played hooky... Last year, when we had 4 tests that day and I hadn't studied for any of them.

8. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I never played hooky...until college. Then I skipped at least one class every day. Maybe that's why I ended up dropping out? :confused: :eek:
    You know what they say about good girls....

9. The Irreligious Paladin Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

How hasn't played hooky? I drove up to Phoenix for a couple of days when I shoulda gone to school. My dad said have a great day and i said okay, and got in my car and drove to my friend's house in Phoenix. That was cool.

10. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I haved played hookey couple of times. Some college teachers are just soo boring

11. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

I am with you on that one, dragonjewel. I never played hooky until college either. Until my Physics class, to be exact. That would probably explain why I had to take that class (and a few others) twice before I could graduate...

Ah well, that's what you get.

12. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Umm I have done so on a few very rare occasions :holy:

13. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I do remember that I skiped alot in elemrtary. That was fun. The only thing now is that when ever I miss a day in school my school has an automatied phone call to my house :(

14. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

that happened to my little brother in 4th grade due to all his fighting against the teachers...
    BTW what is this hooky thing...

See Ya

15. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Maybe i'm unfamiliar with the phrase ... what exactly is 'hooky'?

16. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

hooky = skipping school

[ November 13, 2002, 16:17: Message edited by: Jack Funk ]

17. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Ah i see! Skiving! Yeah sure i have!

18. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Nope. I have to be physically throwing up before my parents even think of letting me stay home.

19. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

physically throwing up? Wimp. I had to have a sucking chest wound. :p
    Besides, you are not playing hooky if you have your parents permission.

20. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

i just tell my techers that i don`t wanna come to their class and they have stopped argue with me... dis is funny... i am in 9th grade...

See Ya

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.