1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Followup to Chev's Love Machine

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Cespypoo, May 10, 2004.

1. Cespypoo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Out of all the young'uns here, (And the single oldies) how many people plan to get married, how many people plan to have kids and how many kids do you plan to have.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 2 question(s). 55 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Followup to Chev's Love Machine (55 votes.)

Do you or Do you not plan to get married (Choose 1)
    * Yes - 69% (38)
    * No - 31% (17)

How many kids do you plan to have in your lifetime? (Choose 1)
    * None at all.... hate the buggers. - 27% (15)
    * 1 - 5% (3)
    * 2 - 40% (22)
    * 3 - 22% (12)
    * 4 - 0% (0)
    * 5 or more of the bundles of joy!! - 5% (3)

2. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Living freely ever after :D

Truly, i belive marriage is a completely unnecessary thing. All it does is create tension between partners. Anyway, no marriage, though kids arent that bad. You can always send them to shop something you're too lazy for :grin:

3. Cespypoo Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] What a lovely father you are Gothmog, though i see your point :D

I want a girl called Aeris, and two boys called Jack and Auron. If i can settle down by 25 im doin good.

:D :D

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I don't plan getting married per se. When it comes, fine. And it would be great if it would come. That is, should there be a right person. I don't get into relationships of which the only purpose is being in a relationship, so consquently I'm single for most of the time. I'm not going to change that policy, especially if it comes to marriage. Especially because there's no divorce from a consumed Catholic marriage.

It will not be on a whim. No romantic stupidity for which you pay for the lest of your life. As I've said a few times already, I would sooner marry an old friend than a new crush.

In short, I'm not getting tied down unless I'm sure it's the right one.

Also, I understand why people find a wife or a husband before they get to old. After all, family to found etc. However, I'd rather stay free and unbound if it wouldn't be for something very real, almost tangible. Given my lifestyle and my prospects for the future, it is definitely not a good idea to begin a family just to have it.

So, I'm going to stay open and flexible, but in no way specifically seek a wife.

Note: having a relationship just to have one results in meeting the supposed right person when you are already with someone else. I am not going to face that.

[ May 10, 2004, 20:05: Message edited by: chevalier ]

5. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

No girlfriend, no wife, no kids.
    No boyfriend either, if that's what you're thinking.

I'll reply to this topic again in ten years.

6. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

The clock is ticking for me too. Pretty nasty; just two years ago I wouldn't had even thought of getting kids. :shame:

Bloody hormones...

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I can't envision my self getting married or having children. The world is safe for now :p

I've never had a boyfriend or girlfriend - I don't care either, even if other people do :rolleyes:

8. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Err this question is a mostly yes question because everybody either does plan to (yes) or does not plan to (yes) in which case only those who are already married should answer no. Sorry I'm a grammar annoyance, though my own grammar is terrible too. Lol.

Well I do plan to get married and to have two plus kids. That's what I hope anyway, though I doubt my girlfriend (who I am madly in love with) would see it this way, lol.

9. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I never intend on having any kids although I am sure when I am 40+ I will get a knock on my door with some dude telling me he is my son. I most absolutely positively definitely do not intend on getting married.

10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well, no, I don't 'plan' on it as such, but I accept the possibility it could happen. However, I don't really feel the need to think on such presently.

11. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I hope to get married and have two children (max). Once I've had 2 I'm getting the good old 'man' treatment to stop me making babies. Two kids stops you from spoiling an only child, three kids + stops you from spoiling yourself. A fine balance.

Course, like Chev, I'm not going to get married for the sake of getting married. But unlike Chev I'm actually going to look for my bride-to-be.

12. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

One day maybe, when I meet that special girl. Or guy I suppose. The future is wide open after all. :heh:

13. people person-i eat people Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

i intend on getting married when im about 30ish and i want to have 2 kids, no more, no less, because i think having one kid isnt very good because then he/she is lonely, but 3 is just too many IMO i think 2 is just right :)

14. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I am not sure if I want to get married... Until now I have always been sure on that I will not get married, but now, I don't know.
    At least I know I want children, about three of them...

15. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Being 15 I don't plan to get married anytime soon.
    But maybe in 5 to 15 years when I meet the right girl.
    As I am the oldest of 5 kids, I now that littluns can ruin your life; if I ever talk about kids, please get me sterilized

[EDIT: stupid typos and missed words :o ]

16. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Marriage certainly IS something I think about and it would be nice to have it happen but as with so many others, it must be the right person and considering I'm not exactly elated with my current girlfriend then I guess it's not going to happen anytime soon hey?

As for kids, I'm blessed with 2 already - though unfortunately the mother of each (yes, 2 different mothers) duped me inasmuch as they hid their true selves until after they gave birth - and also stemming from the answer above, I would like to find the RIGHT woman to setle down with and have at least one more.

17. Cespypoo Gems: 1/31

wheeee thanks for all your supoprt peoples. :D

Maja didnt know you still looked through the boards ;) Thanks for your reply.

18. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I think one day I see myself married. Right now I find dating different guys more interesting than just sticking to one guy. As far as having children maybe one day but right now I am too much of a child at times myself. When I graduate from college and find my own support and carrer to fall back on then children seem more plausable. Most of the guys I've dated started off like Anomen but within a few months turned into too much Minsc. I thing for sure before I say I DO I would like to find a guy who I think WILL. Why a woman needs an education before marriage

19. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    That's because Anomen is so much like Minsc ;)

20. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I don't want to be tied down to anybody.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.