1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Favourite Encounter

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Nizidramanii'yt, May 17, 2004.

1. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

[​IMG] This is getting repetitive... Anyway, please take 5 seconds to vote for the poll. Just select your preferred encounter. Thx.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 20 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Favourite Encounter (20 votes.)

Favourite Encounter (Choose 1)
    * Isaer & Madae (Severed Hand) - 10% (2)
    * Guthma (Fortress) - 20% (4)
    * Holy Avenger Battle (Kuldahar) - 30% (6)
    * Dragon (Yuan-Ti Temple) - 10% (2)
    * Sherincal (Ice Temple) - 30% (6)

2. DrowLicious Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Dumb poll. No offense. Do Europeans ever get tired of putting u in words like honour and favourite? If i would have went to high school in Europe i would have rebelled and spelled all those types of words without the u. My favorite encounter was with the first random goblin you go up against when you step off the ship and get done talking to that guy with the lame arm. Exciting!!!!

3. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31

Veteran

I could 'rebel', which won't make sense at all since it's just a stupid writing change, you could say I was indoctrined by school because of England being nearby and such... Who cares anyway?

It's just a topic really, but you can't blame anyone for voting. You can put your favOrite encounter in the topic as well.

And, no offense, but yours is just plain stupid. I know it doesn't apply as much as with, for example, Baldur's Gate, because it's always battling here, but the reason I 'polled' this topic is just for the fun, and not the 'excitement', caused by my unexplainable urge to put polls on this board, for which I hereby appologize.

4. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] 3 posts in and I feel I've seen about enough of the following:

1) Dissing American spelling over English spelling, and vice versa. The spelling traditions were sundered centuries ago. There's no clear basis to say one is better than the either. Neither is going to bend to accommodate the other. Live with it.

2) Personally snarkiness towards another member, on both sides.

So, let's stay with the topic itself shall we?

[ May 19, 2004, 06:48: Message edited by: Beren ]

5. DrowLicious Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

i did not mean to come off disrespectful. And the spelling thing was just a stupid joke that i actually ponder about (like why are strawberries the only fruit with seeds on the outside?). The encounter thing was also a joke. I haven't played the game in awhile so i can't remember everything, but i liked the severed hand and yuan-ti areas for battling it out. I voted the Yuan-ti pick. Friends?

Beren deleted my last apology/post because i took issue with his ham-fisted approach(ahem) to moderation. My remarks are more 'Seinfeldian' (or stupid to some ;) ) and some people take them as confrontational or disrespectful. RELAX everyone!!!!!! Remember, girls love the sense of humor. But then again i don't need to tell a bunch of D&D players tips on meeting girls, right? hahaha! man i got a million of 'em. But hey i'm one of them D&D players too, before you go off and behead me. :p

[ May 19, 2004, 05:31: Message edited by: Naug ]

6. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] The reason I deleted your previous post was because it violated the rule that issues with how the BoM are moderated are to be taken to PM or e-mail instead of pubicly here on the boards. I quoted the pertinent rule to you in the PM that I sent to you. And yet we have another such post showing up here in this thread from you.

I've already explained to you in PM why I haven't bought your 'joke' excuse. If have anything more to say on this, be sure to do so in PM instead of here.

Now please, let's stick to the topic created by the original post.

7. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I always liked the Guthma battle most, since it was your first hint at a larger scheme, and wasn't bogged down by really hard bad guys. After that it would either be the Banite encounter in Hrothgar's glen, or for stupidly hard, the Saablic Tan encounter.

8. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

The Holy Avenger fight has always been my favourite, although I'd prefer it if you got a weapon useable by any character rather than just paladins. The first time I got the better of the Lost Followers, it was a real disappointment to find that the only reward I got was a sword no one in my party could use.

9. Largon Thunderhorn Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I have to laugh at a guy who spends his time posting on the board of a game he doesn't play any more, who thinks others are the ones who need tips on meeting girls. Sheesh.

Anyways, I keep replaying the Holy Avenger battle over and over trying to find more efficient strategies to win, so I agree with the fellow above.

10. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I would have to say that the Lost Followers battle was the crux of strategy and fun in this game. Simply awesome.

11. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31

Veteran

It's nothing Sauron. Just take in mind you cannot easily make a difference between sarcasm & being serious on the net. So no big deal.

Isaer & Madae is just the less popular of the choises. Why? I think it's because of the normal athmosphere. No cool effects, nothing. Just a normal battle. Take Sherincal's battle for example. Hers in just exciting, since it's totally diffenent then any other, for it has stairs with the switches. That's what makes it the best encounter, although I prefer the Holy Avenger battle for strategic uses.

Favorite is just Guthma, because it's just a major battle. You can go in and kill. The coolest thing is you can be stealthy and just kill Guthma and run. Yeah...

[ June 03, 2004, 16:19: Message edited by: Nizidramanii'yt ]

12. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I dunno...my favourite battle in the game is actually at the beginning; when the goblins attack Targos. I found that to be a lot of fun, even though you're low in level and you have lame equipment. And sure, there isn't any strategizing required, but fighting mobs of enemies is always fun :D .

I also love the battle when you get to Kuldahar for the first time; and have to fight off waves of attacking monsters. Very cool.

:p since I've never fought the whole "Lost Followers" battle (I didn't even know about this battle until I read it here on the BoM), I can't say anything about it...but in terms of strategic battle; I found the Isair and Madae final fight to be a bunch of fun (if extremely unfulfilling). Too many battles in this game can be won with simple strategies though; which was a little disappointing.

13. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Ah...you didn't have the option for the Crossroads battle...the one where you decimate an entire army all by your teeny weeny self! :evil: :evil:

14. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Heh, I chose Sherincal because I like her character :)

[ June 09, 2004, 21:24: Message edited by: Jesper898 ]

15. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31

Veteran

Crossroads? Is it the part with the harpies? I always like the parts where you fight wars, like Faerus says. they should make a mod for that... It can't be that hard, just spawn enemies.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.