1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Favorite sport?

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

[​IMG] I would like to know everyone's favorite sport..

or the sport that you have the most fun to play.. if those two are related in your case.. ;)

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 25 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Favorite sport? (25 votes.)

What is your favorite/most fun fun to play sport? (Choose 1)
    * Soccer/ Football - 20% (5)
    * Football (UK) - 4% (1)
    * Hockey - 20% (5)
    * Volleyball - 8% (2)
    * Basketball - 8% (2)
    * Cricket - 4% (1)
    * Badminton - 8% (2)
    * Ringette - 0% (0)
    * Field Hockey - 0% (0)
    * Other - 28% (7)

2. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

You made a mistake, that instead of writing Football (US), you wrote Football (UK), nullifying the whole option. :p

Football for me. Grace, tactics, feelings, and usually, sportsmanship. Got to love it.

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

VB for me. Though the NFL is something of an addiction. :cool:

4. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

You left out tennis! I had to choose badminton because it's the one I enjoy most from the list. Did not want to pick the "other" since that would be too boring. Badminton is near enough to be chosen as my favorite sport in this poll.

5. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Sorry.. I tried to remember all things.. obviously I didn't.. :)

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I voted other and chose curling. I haven't played it yet, but the tourney of hearts is huge on this island. After watching a few matches, I found I could easily pick up what I needed to root for - closest 30# stone to the bullseye. I cheer for da Newfies/Labs when I can. SWEEP! SWEEP! :lol:

7. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I had to pick "Other" - competitive drinking wasn't on the list!

More seriously - Aussie Rules football is the game of choice for yours truly, followed by cricket, soccer and amateur wrestling. I will admit to an annual ritual of taking the day off, getting out the beer and nachos and watching the Super Bowl, however.

I used to be a keen fencer, as well, but was lamentably craptacular at it. I still enjoy watching it, but my knees are in such poor condition that I'll probably never take it up again.

8. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I don't think that this will come as a surprise to anyone - Ice Hockey.

9. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I chose hockey as well. Ice hockey that is.

10. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

NFL. My world stops come Sunday.

11. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I'm going to be the awkward one because I can't get it down to one as my favourite sports are played in different seasons Rugby Union in Winter and Cricket in Summer; although all things cease if the Mets or Giants or being shown on Satellite or now that I have adsl the net.

12. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Other, and I bet it's pretty easy to guess what...

Cycling, both to watch and to do, although we're strictly tourists and not racers.. I will confess, however, that football and baseball are my favorite background noise for weekend housework. And NOTHING beats a tailgate party and watching a game at an outdoor stadium with 99,999 of you closest friends as a way to spend a Saturday afternoon in October.

WE ARE... PENN STATE!

13. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    NFL for me. My favorite team is the Pittsburgh Steelers (I'm a native of Pennsylvania).

14. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Football!!

15. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Suprisingly, there is no baseball on there! That is my favorite sport (second is ultimate frisbee). Neither were on there.

And by the looks of it, the majority have voted Other. I think it is because you left out some pretty big sports (baseball, tenis).

16. Benan Gems: 20/31

Hockey hockey and hockey again

17. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

I'm sorry, but baseball and tennis aren't very big here. I forgot. :D

18. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Well, even I was born in a country where football is the mayor sport, I don't like that much, so I enjoy tennis, tourism cars racings and WWF :D but when I first got ESPN I got new tastes: NFL, NHL (are they still on strike?), MLB, NCAA, NBA, Indy Car, Nascar, and many, many more sports.
    By the way, I used to watch a kind of rugby-football, I remember that was called Australian football and the game is played in a rounded field, and every time guys scored, a guy dressed in white with a white hat rised in a funny way his arms pointing the field. Wish I could see that game again, it's very funny to watch.

19. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

No, the NHL is back. I believe there is a thread on it if you wish to read it here.

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

soccer, even if this country sucks at it and doesn't really give it that much attention.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.