1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Favorite beer

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Well, I've been babbling about Kokanee in RB, and it gave me the brillant :idea: of doing a poll on this!

Personal fave: Guiness. Yummy! :beer:

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 32 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Favorite beer (32 votes.)

Favorite beer (Choose 1)
    * Budweiser - 3% (1)
    * Kokanee - 3% (1)
    * Blue - 0% (0)
    * Heineken - 16% (5)
    * Coors - 0% (0)
    * Black Label - 0% (0)
    * Molson Ex - 3% (1)
    * Guiness - 34% (11)
    * Kilkenny - 9% (3)
    * Bud Light - 0% (0)
    * Molson Ex Light - 0% (0)
    * Hoegaarden - 19% (6)
    * Grolsch - 13% (4)
    * Rickard's - 0% (0)
    * Moosehead - 0% (0)

2. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Of those, Heikinen. Other(which you should've included as an option)? TT.

I'm more of a Cider person though.

3. Disciple of The Watch

Cider is good stuff, that's true!

*EDIT* Yeah, I realized I forgot the "other". Oh well, just vote for your closest fav, then. Nobody's perfect, I guess.

4. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

mines not on there so i didnt vote.

I like Duvall (sp?) Strong for an Englishman :D

5. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

What, no Sleemans?

Of the beer you list, I prefer Kilkenny.

Cheers! :beer:

6. Disciple of The Watch

Hmm, imports are the favorites for the moment. Interesting.

@Laiwethel: Dreadfully sorry, mistress, but I don't like Sleeman. :shame: on me.

7. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Grolsch for me, if my former colleages at the Heineken breweries would read this they would burn me at the stake. :grin:

Grolsch has a bit of a bitter taste, which i think is good. But the best beer they ever brewed is "het kanon", which is a 12% alcohol containing Lager, which will really put some hair on your chest. :D

8. Disciple of The Watch

12% alcohol, you say? Sounds nice. Reminds me of a microbrewery beer I sometimes drink, it's called "La Terrible" (The Terrible) and it's 10,5% alcohol, and the taste is surprising. For 10,5% alcohol, it's still a nice, good-tasting, refreshing beer. (That hits hard on the head)

9. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I just noticed, no Alexander Keiths either? Then again, there are so many brands of beer out there, I can understand not including all of them in the list.

10. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

I like the local (in-state) brands. There's many a brewery in Milwaukee, and my favorite one that should have been on your list is Miller. Though I treat myself to a Stevens Point beer every once in a while. :beer:

11. Disciple of The Watch

@Felinoid: Yes, I know, but just like Laiwethel said, there are so many brands out there that I couldn't possibly include them all. My apologies if your fav one isn't in the list. Try to enjoy the poll, nontheless.

12. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Most of those I've never drunk. :p

Of that list, probably Kilkenny. Guinness was good, too. You can't go wrong with Heini, either.

And what is Bud Light? I thought you couldn't go lighter than Bud... :p :shake:

Leffe for me, out of things I actually drink from time to time, followed by a Polish brew called Frater. The French Saint Landelin (unless it was from a different French-speaking country) was a great two-timer. Desperados with tequila, too, except I've only drunk it once, so it can't really count as a favourite. Yet another Polish brew, Dog in the Fog, ranks highly and so does the real Czech Pilsner. Honourary mention for Dębowe Mocne and Tyskie. But if you make me choose one, it's going to be the Belgian Leffe. However, my competent sources claim that there is better stuff to drink in Belgium, so I need to verify my opinion. :p

13. Disciple of The Watch

@Chev: Bud Light (I can bash it, since no one likes it) is for the wimps who want to drink beer but don't want the effect of alcohol. It has no taste and no personality. Sorry for speaking so bluntly, but if you want to drink beer and feel no effect, then drink de-alcoholized beer, dammit!

:D

No, seriously, sometimes it's nice to drink just for relaxing. I just don't like beers who have no taste or personality.

14. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Carlsberg Classic is my preffered beer. No fancy-pansy stuff for me! Just a good old, plain Carslberg :)

15. Disciple of The Watch

@olimikrig: O proud magma man, Carlsberg I never tasted. Heard about, but never tasted.

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Isn't that what beer below 7% is for? :hmm:

17. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Good old danish beer :D .

If you live in Europe then I'm quite sure you can find it somewhere. I don't know about the U.S. or asain counries, but my guess would be that you can purchase it somewhere if you look around.

*mm*, Carlsberg :yum: :beer:

EDIT: :o ooops. Accidently put a :nono: word as I was trying to type "countries"...

18. Disciple of The Watch

@Chev: Yes, but there are excellent low-alcohol beers like Heineken or Guiness, for example. They have both taste and personality, and that's what makes it great beers.

There also low-alcohol, tasteless and withouth personality beers, which I despise.

*EDIT* @olimikrig: And what word might that be?

19. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I know someone from Munich who keeps telling me i have to try one of their local brews, Franziskaner, but it appears to be pretty hard to get your hands on that where i live. Too bad, if there's anything new i'd like to try, it's drinking unknown beers. :D

20. Disciple of The Watch

Microbreweries can prove to be quite a surprise, sometimes. They're not cheap, usually, but they are usually mighty fine beers.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.