1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Exploring the Modron Maze

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Baldrak, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

When you enter the Modron Maze do you explore every single room or do you stop exporing once you've found the essential rooms?

I usually explore every room just for the fun of it and for the items and experience...

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 15 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Exploring the Modron Maze (15 votes.)

Exploring the Modron Maze (Choose 1)
    * I explore every room. - 53% (8)
    * Just the essential rooms... - 27% (4)
    * What's the Modron Maze? - 20% (3)

2. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I explore every room.

Truth be known, though, I've never been able to find the Evil Wizard and Nordom.

3. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

SPOILER ALERT
    Nordom's room only has an eastern entrance and the wizard's room has the size of two rooms and only has a southern entrance. This should make it easier to find those rooms... The location in the maze of those rooms is random and this changes every time the maze is reset.

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have found that their locations arent completely random. Nordoms room is always somewhere to the far west/left and I have always found the wizard after going south as long as possible and then east after finding Nordom.

I think there is a maze guide here on this site which pretty much leads you straight. It isnt completely random, the rooms you need are always in the same general area. You will only find hte wizards room if you have set the maze to hard though.

5. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Baldrak and joacqin,

I'm aware of that. I've actually gone into every room with the dungeon set on hard and still wasn't able to find them.

Wierd.

6. L Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Last time through I found the Wizards chamber only about three rooms away in a straight line from the lobby, and Nordom wasn't too far away either.

7. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well i am in the maze now and so far i have tried to explore every room and not just the essential ones :confused: .But i fear that i may have missed some in the normal level.
    :yot: Anyway hard level is really hard. I have used all my clot and heart charm in this level of the maze.

8. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I remember using large scraps of paper to plot my progress through the maze... sheesh they turned into a jumbled mess pretty quickly. Thankfully this way I actually FIND Nordom and the Wizard.

9. Varied Sundries Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Maps are always the best way to find your way. Plot your progress, marking each room and its exits. The maze's dimensions will always be 8x8, but you may not be able to access every room - including Nordom or the wizard.

10. Platter

Platter Can I buy you a tankard or two, lad? Veteran

I have never experienced or heard of not being able to access every room.

11. Varied Sundries Gems: 3/31

It has happened to me - I fully explored every single room, every single entrance and exit, and yet the Wizard Construct room was not available to me.

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    On which maze difficulty setting, though? You have to be made the new Director and set the maze difficulty to Hard before you can find the Wizard construct.

13. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Yeah, a good notation system is almost essential for the maze. IMHO it should: 1) allow a clear representation of the 8x8 grid; 2) clearly show the locations of doors; and 3) mark the color of the room. 2 and 3 are a way of checking your map against itself; once I thought I couldn't find Nordrom, but then I realized I had neglected to notate a couple doors... ("these things have happened before...as the result of human error")

14. Varied Sundries Gems: 3/31

I would not be so ignorant as to forget that crucial setting - yes, the maze was on hard.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.